How come only NS sidearms have optics options?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Okjoek

The NS sidearms are the only ones with options other than iron sights, but why can't I have any optics on the faction specific weapons? It seems like it would be a win for players having more options, and a win for DBG for earning more money. Personally I like burst sidearms like the tx-1 repeater and the desperado, but it would be even nicer with some clear optics.
  2. FateJH

I'm not certain what kind of windfall you anticipate. Weapons optics must be the consistently cheapest of all costs in the game.
  3. Pikachu

Players have been asking for this for a long time with no results.
  4. Okjoek

No, definitely not, but it would be 30 more certs I would have to grind out/ pay for.

Also I wasn't aware this was a long asked for suggestion as I am only a few months into the game. I guess no harm done in asking again.
  5. BlueSkies

True... though I do seem to recall RadarX or some other dev mentioning that they brought in more money on attachments than weapons.

I guess its something along the lines of:
    "YES!!! Finally saved up the 1000 certs for that gun I want! *purchase* Oh crap... I don't have the 500 certs to get all the attachments though... *cash purchases*"

Just my guess.