How big is a meter in-game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arreo, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Arreo

This is kind of a silly question, but how big is one meter in game? Does anyone have a screenshot of, I don't know, a floor tile that is 1x1 meters?

It's kind of hard to visualize how far the ammo packs give ammo out to for instance.
  2. Dubious

1 meter is knife range, yes, we got long arms..
  3. Peacemaker12

Wouldn't a meter be about the width of a MAX? They should just do that. Use MAXs as an in-game measurement system.
  4. Gisgo

The belly of your character should be at 1m. from the ground.
  5. NotPaidActor

You would need a bypass machine to pump your heart while erecting that thing.

He's dead, Jim.
  6. Morpholine

I'm going to go with 3.28 feet.

Using the warpgate ammunition towers to gauge range, 100 meters is (visually guesstimating) about the length of a(n American) football field, so the scale seems about right.

To put things in perspective, measure out three feet/one yard/one meter and have someone stand that distance from you. They'll be a lot closer than you initially think. We have issues accurately gauging distances in comparison to height, especially when the absolute distance is small.

One caveat: FOV and aspect ratio changes may alter one's experience. Everyone's mileage (sic) may vary.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mootar

A meter
    [IMG]

A metre
    [IMG]

You're welcome
    • Up x 5
  8. Morpholine

Pshh. Metre is the rhythm of music and verse.

Silly Brit.
    • Up x 1
  9. hostilechild

Stand at the warpgate terminal and backup up 1m. I think the tiles on floor are like 3m
  10. Gisgo

Slightly off topic what does "radius" mean in english?
    I guess its radius = raio (raggio) but im not sure.

[IMG]
  11. Morpholine

It's equivalent to Raio in the supplied diagram.
    • Up x 2
  12. Arreo

Exactly, which is why I was kind of hoping for a square floor tile because that is somewhat independent of the observer's position/game settings.
  13. Arreo

Yeah, we're all A'merrkins here!
  14. Gisgo

Oh, thx so 100m radius is HUGE :eek:.
  15. Stadulator

About a yard
  16. Morpholine

It covers a good area, yes. Most of a Bio Lab, for instance.
    • Up x 1
  17. Antich

100 cm.
    P.S. i just assume for easy maths that characters in game ar 2 meters, you can deduce from there(sure, they are more likely like 1.8m but who cares)
  18. Bosskscosco

1m is 1m. LOL

Are you living in a jungle?
  19. Stadulator

Either that or our toons are 6' tall. An average persons armspan is equal to their height.
  20. Mootar

People from a nation that didn't exist 250 years ago, changing words from a language that originated in the 5th century, to compensate for collective stupidity, then claiming their way is correct.

Good stuff.
    • Up x 1