How bad is the cheating, and what is done?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Awal305, Apr 30, 2021.

1. JibbaJabba

A sudden drastic change in skill level is indeed very suspect.

record / shadowplay and share here as you send it to daybreak :D

I know a guy went from a 1.7 KD heavy to a 5 KD 3KPM monster and gets hackusated all day every day ... took him 2-3 years though. :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Scatterblak

There are plenty of subtle cheaters. Some of the most popular bots/hacks are 'tuneable', and there are endless discussions in their forums on how to do things like reduce their CoF by 75% - then they just seem like excellent shots, but still miss enough that they won't get called out. There are also plenty of lagswitches, both hardware and software, which still work for some reason.

And you can skip the PM "you sound like a f**king cheater!" - check my 8 years stats, and you'll see my crap K/D. :p
  3. Towie

Yes there are plenty of cheaters in PS2. Always has been - always will be.

But here's the rub - it's the same in every online game.

Whilst there's big bucks to be made https://www.polygon.com/22364324/vi...g-china-tencent-overwatch-call-of-duty-mobile it's going to remain an industry wide problem. If you've ever engaged with the epicanthic fold laden a-holes on QQ you will know that cheats are not cheap.

Played for the first time in a while tonight and nothing has changed - the same old just-joined-i'm-ace crap that will haunt every F2P game. Until there's an industry wide 'solution' - afraid you'll have to get used to it.

So either suck it up or leave. My recommendation is to just play and enjoy what you can - and ignore the cheats, you can't do anything about them. Just hope that DBG / Activision / Wargaming / Epic Et al. get better at detecting them.
    In fairness DBG removed one of the aforementioned cheaters within the hour and that impressed me. End on a high note is what I say !
  4. netBattler

I think companies should have professional moderators and moderator level spectator mode in the games for said mods to be able to watch players.
    • Up x 1
  5. JustGotSuspended

they used to have some back in SOE days. They still have some now but I think they are only for major events. That said there's simply not enough players or cheaters to validate a mod for each server. CS responds pretty quickly anyways, create a ticket on the website and mail them the video(s)/screenshots and the cheater will be gone in under a day.

The game's already not very good at making money anyways, paying mods for monitoring to ban a hacker that appears once or twice every year is a bit silly. Besides all the cheater has to do is make another account.

It'd be like forcing everyone in Norway to have a police officer monitor them 24/7. It'd be a waste of money for a country with such little crime rate and effective law enforcement.

Even for bigger companies that have cheater problems and a nice budget to work with. not sure it's viable to have mods outside of major events.