How are the automatic Scout Rifles?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Xylogenesis, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Xylogenesis

I'm just interested to hear what your experience with them has been like if you've used them. I don't like sniping at all, but I love stealth, so I have an ambivalent relationship with Infiltrator currently.

I've been considering just saving all my CP and getting the HSR ASAP, but I'd like to hear your impressions before I do that. How do they compare to the Medic AR's/LA Carbines? How do they compare to the semi-auto scout rifles?

I found a chart indicating that TTK is better on the semi-auto scouts, but it's a small difference and sometimes those numbers can be misleading.
  2. xanos

Useless. You can empty a entire mag into a unshielded heavy assault and not kill him and he turn around to oneshot you.
    • Up x 1
  3. Xylogenesis

The DPS is on par with LMGs and ARs, so that is demonstrably untrue...

Does anybody who knows what they're talking about have anything to share?
  4. Shouley

I used the 30 min trial on the automatic Rifle and you have to be accurate from the very beginning, because your mag holds only 20 shot and the rate of fire is high. However it is really accurate. I have no problems taking out guys past 150m with the iron sights (single fire ofc). Up next, I'am going to try the semi-auto Scoutrifle and then I will decide which weapon i roll with.
  5. sideshow

I hate sniping too, and am using the Scout rifle designated for short and medium range. It's great! Not as much fun as the Nova was, but still very effective if you're running around enemy bases, sabotaging stuff and using your cloak aggressively. It feels a lot like the basic LA rifle, except it only has 20 rounds in the clip (which sucks). What sucks more is that there aren't any good mods for it: it's just a barrel attachment and a scope (so no extended mag, no soft point). Still, much better than a sniper rifle. I haven't tried the other scout rifle: is it auto too, or semi-auto? Would be interested in it if it was semi.
  6. Ghoest

Comparing it to a LMG just shows that you dont know.

I used it it beta- the NC one - its just not very good.
    You have to go for head shots with it and even then you need the entire clip. It seem good at first because it has such a tight cone when you use the scope but you find that the damage is so low that even missing a few shots out of the clip will end up in you running out of ammo before the enemy is dead.

It seems like its comparable to the carbines but in practice its a much weaker weapon.

You are better off using the semi-auto scout rifle and just going for head shots - it kills everything with 3 or 4 head hits.
  7. Shouley

I think it's semi, atleast the shop says so.
  8. Flaeb

I bought it, and I still see myself using the TR repeater more than that gun, I go in close combat, and the pistol is far superior at that range.
    • Up x 1
  9. kerzain

It is absolutely, completely, unequivocally, utterly useless. This is the worst game related purchase I've ever made.
    • Up x 1
  10. deusex2

VS Artemis does about the same damage per shot as Beamer pistol, has three more bullets in the mag, is fully automatic and has relatively high recoil, which means you have to use forward grip with that thing.

So while it's the best CQC weapon VS can hope for(aside from melee), it still sucks compared to any other guns...Except for Beamer and Manticore.
  11. Metalsheep

If you dont want to have a Sniper Rifle, they are... okay. At best. Only 20 rounds, so you need to be accurate.

Personally i prefer the Semi-Auto over the fully auto scout rifle. The Semi kills in 3 shots, 4 or 5 on a shielded heavy. And it fires about as fast as you can pull the trigger. Get a rexlex sight or a weak scope for the Semi-Auto and use the pistol when you need CQC.
  12. Biopain

I'm using KSR-35 with 4x scope and foregrip. 3 shots in body and 2 in a head is easy enuf to kill everyone. 4x scope lets you to stay close to the frotlines and still have ability to snipe fu*kers from afar
  13. Vindiana Jones

I haven't really noticed any horizontal recoil whatsoever, which is what the foregrip compensates for. I don't really find the gun very effective (yet, need more experience I guess), but the only recoil I've experienced with the stock weapon is vertical. I can see a compensator being useful since it handles vertical recoil, but as someone else mentioned, that pops you on the map about double the usual distance, so I'll just have to get used to it. I've played enough shooters to be able to handle vertical recoil with some practice. Have you tried a foregrip on these things and had any more success than without it?
  14. McFace

i absolutely love my automatic stalker..... in my opinion its only slightly worse than the shotguns were from close distance... aim at the neck and spread 4 shots upwards... everything is dead.
    For distance it will be hard to hit without a forward grip but you arent really meant to use that for really long range battles (just switch back to your sniper.)
    I was afraid that they removed infiltrating from the infiltrator but the automatic scout rifle brought it right back
  15. gunshooter

Op don't let the crybabies influence you. I have used the auto scout rifle for TR a lot with over 300 kills so far.

It kills in 8 bullets. Tested extensively. 8 Bullets on a non-HA non-nanoweave player.

The only bad part about the weapon is the small clip size. Killing 2 people with 1 clip won't happen unless they're AFK, so you need to be careful not to get into 1v2s.

Here's a video I made of it, it's nothing special, but you can see that I instagib at least 2 people with the hipfire. The ADS is very good also, but its not shown in this vid much.

With Claymores, Grenade Bandolier and your full auto scout rifle, there's no reason you can't succeed as a cqc Infiltrator.
  16. Daejin

They suck for the reason that, it takes too many hits to get a kill when you consider it's low ammo pool. I'm not sayin' make it stronger, but give us 2 more clips by defualt. (40 more shots)

I speak for the VS version. 10 shots to kill, 120 total ammo. 12 targets if perfect or headshot master. The only reason I want more default ammo is because most bases have their equipment terminals behind shields, and I usually have to fight 6+ people to get a single generator destroyed. This limits me very greatly on what and where I can infiltrate.
  17. gunshooter

That's wrong, though. All versions have the exact same stats. 8 Bodyshots to kill, period.

For the record, pretty much every LMG, AR and Carbine is also at least 8 bodyshots to kill. The ones that aren't have low ROF.
  18. deusex2

Except that Artemis got nerfed to correspond to empire traits...I guess?
  19. Fafnir

If you like being clearly handicapped, fine. I don't. Automatic scout rifle is far worse than most infantry weapons right now.
  20. ThElement078

Don't get it, IT's a horrible gun, only 20 rounds? Plus it has a high rate of fire so you would burn through that clip in seconds. Too much Horizontal recoil, and way to low damage, I'm pretty much sure that 8-shot kill is for pistols, not for rifles. Wait till the Devs buff it, there's been a lot of publicity on this gun and I'm sure by now the Devs have noticed,'cause once they do, I'm sure as hell I'll get it!