How about we change alerts a little?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SinerAthin, Nov 29, 2013.

1. SinerAthin

Basically, whatever faction has the highest pop, usually wins the alert unless the enemy pulls out some badass outfits from their sleeves to save the day.

What if we encouraged people to play on the underdog factions by making the faction population balance affect reward?

Meaning that if you lose when vastly outnumbered, you could still gain as much as the overpopulating faction steamrolling everything.
    If extremely outnumbered, you could even gain more than the enemy.

What do you guys think? Would it make fighting on the underdog team more lucrative?
    • Up x 3
  2. Teegeeack

Couldn't hurt. But I wonder if extra XP really is that much of an encouragement to join the low population factions. Nobody likes getting steamrolled, even if they're getting well rewarded for it.
    • Up x 1
  3. NightmareP69

It would be a nice idea but i doubt it would help much, the overpop faction on a server will still be overpop and just steamroll everything for a dominant victory even if the XP reward is lower for the overpop side.
  4. SinerAthin

It all adds up in the end.

I think anything that could help any population imbalances is a welcome thing.
    • Up x 1