[Suggestion] How about to give us some Patchnotes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neovita, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Neovita

As the title says: You are changing the gameplay and game mechanics several times each day and not telling ur own comunity anything about those changes. Is that the right information politics?

For example:
    I was able to snipe infantry at 430 meters some days ago. Two days ago you change the max rendering range to 304 meters and yesterday most of my targets just vanished within 107 meters. There are also dozends of weapon changes (bulletdrop of weveral weapons were changed several times in the last week, im using the same positions to test it every time) in every single patch so i am asking myself, why should i spend real money to get any weapon, if you are getting to change this weapon every 2 days and not even say that?

Technical changes need to be get public too in my eyes. The game was runing fine for almost everyone i know last week, then we got the "anything-is-flashing-white"-issue and yesterday you made it able to get 1-4 fps followed with a freeze every 10-15 minutes for many ppl, but the announcement said NOTHING about any technical change in the game.

And btw, where is the announced new launcher?

Its feels like "lets change all and tell them nothing" or "lets say we did that and do nothing at all" at the moment!!!
  2. BunnyHillPro

I agree with giving more detailed patchnotes... but on rendering distance of infantry units. It fluctuates based on how many units are being rendered. So in large battles they may render only 50m away from you, where as in small battles its 400m. Not much to do with patches.
  3. Piepants

My favorite feature of tonight's patch is that now every time I click 'play' to start PS2 it instantly crashes. Hopefully I still have the receipt for the station cash cards I bought for Friday since there is no point if the game won't even run.
  4. Neovita

And i disagree with you at this point, becouse all tests were made with squadmembers in a (maybe not complete) empty Zone, at least we was not able to counter any anemy. So it has NOTHING to do with large fights! Moreover, can you explain me please (according to your theory) how it can be, that i was able to shoot enemys in the largest fights at "The Crown" last week at 430 meters and not able to see enemy's at 150 meters right now in a fight 10 vs 10???

So please, dont post any untested things here, its rly not hard to test it!

@Piepants: did you check your processes? Since a patch 4-5 days ago planetside2.exe is running in the background from time to time after closing the game for many ppl, it causes your game to crash, if you try to start it. Check the running processes, kill the task and try to start again

@all: Back to topic now please: They patch things like hell and tell us NOTHING about most of changes!
  5. Neovita

And another Patch without any Patchnotes. Do we need to test all weapons to find out, wich one's got a new bullet drop or new recoil again? Is it rly SO hard to write 1-2 lines about changes on forums?
  6. Angelos Sanguinum

Looks like it is hard :mad: