Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lord_Avatar, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Lord_Avatar

This isn't going to be much of a thread (really), though do feel free to express your opinion here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all - thank you SOE for (finally) releasing Hossin. Way overdue, but in *my* opinion it looks solid.

I like the aesthetics - although the continent itself lacks diveristy (swamp/marsh/swamp/marsh) in itself it is something new. The terrain makes for some engaging infatry battles (thus far) and the fog (although many resent it) brings something new to the table.

Placeholder bases aside, most facilities do seem to have a unique touch to them, which is a most welcome change. Ground vehicles will find Hossin to be quite a challenge, but again - that's fine *with me*. As for aircraft - limited FOV in return for virtual lock-on immunity - an interesting trade-off if you'd ask me.

A single day into the new release and I like it so far. :) No surprise there, since the Bitter Coast was my all-time favourite in Morrowind. :D
  2. GraymyJamas

Hossin is the entire continent of vehicle resentment... why do we have infantry only map in the game of combined forces??? if someone likes infantry shooter so much just go play other game that does it better
    • Up x 3
  3. minhalexus

Hossin is AWESOME!

It adds to the variety Planetside 2 has to offer.

Vehicles are usable in Hossin, it's just that using them is a bit more challenging. So nothing game-breaking.
    You gotta make use of what you have.

Soldiers have to adapt to where they're fighting.
    • Up x 3
  4. Paragon Exile

Hossin is bossin'
    • Up x 1
  5. Lord_Avatar

I believe vehicles are absolutely usable on Hossin, albeit with more difficulty. I like that, because on Indar/Esamir (and Amerish as well to quite an extent) vehicles can do as they well damn please. It's a new venture to make the most of your vehicle of choice in a new environment - I believe the game could use more of this approach, not less.
    • Up x 1
  6. Voods

Indar remains the king of continents.

The fact is that someone had the foresight to have pockets friendly to Vehicles, Infantry and ESF's on Indar is something lacking in all other levels. Who said the entire level has to be all giant trees and rocks and water (with no boats, lol)? Indar is also nice because you can often see the people shooting at you too. Fog as a feature is good if it's not a uniform blanket that someone pressed a lvl.pref into a 'feature' that also just happens to be a great render distance limiter and FPS fix (I see what you did there ;)). The geo used in Hossin is abhorrent. They literally scaled up trees and used them as mountains? The Cards for the branches look terrible at that scale, hahaha. I flew through 8 pixels that were the size of my Galaxy.

To me it's a continent where everything I didn't like from Esamir and everything I didn't like about Amerish and created a level that will make everyone want to nerf Thermal vision and ESF's.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ranik

The devs have hated vehicles since launch and have actually delayed development on important features just to redesign the original three maps to be even less vehicle friendly rather than fix any fundamental issues.

The funny part is this version of hossin is completely different compared to PS1 hossin iirc. Which had the exact same kind of tree cover but was open and swampy on the ground. It was a good vehicle map.

The new hossin? Well you'd better be in a vanguard cause all you are going to be doing is getting shoved down a lot of narrow roads.
    • Up x 1
  8. XTCAndy

I love Hossin. It is AMAZING. lOTS OF COVER, lots of hiding spots. I still like the other three worlds, but this one is face melting to look at. Love it. Thank you. Also if you add another zone, add an URBAN one. A Subterranean one would be nice too (or even a bit ALIEN, something with honeycomb tunnels and little multi-level outposts. But that is the future, for now this new map rocks!!!