[Suggestion] Hossin: facility changes and updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JarredGalaxy, Jan 23, 2023.

1. JarredGalaxy

So wiith a new year, time for new updates and I think the continent that should get a little attention is of course Hossin, a continent that has been one of the most ignored and could use a bit of touching up, many continue the claim "nobody plays on Hossin" yet server activity shows otherwise.

The obvious thing which I have brought up before and many others have is of course the dang copied Construction Site facilities, seriously there are currently 7 of those things, technically 10 counting 3 that are a bit different and have unique names, and these were suppose to be placeholders for future unique facilities that have never come in the near 10 years Hossin has been out. Some of those need to be replaced and changed out, if necessary let players design some custom bases and submit them for review, maybe simply remove a couple of them and put in vehicle capture terminals in their place to make them areas for actual construction to add some areas for more construction use on the continent.

One main idea I have for bringing some popularity back to the continent is of course digging up and restoring the old Interlink Facilities that were planned for the continent but taken out for updates and basically scrapped.

Hurakan Interlink: Restore the facility back to what is now Hurakan Amp Station

Voltan Interlink: Another Interlink Facility that was located in what is now Zotz Bio Lab

Voltan Southern Ford: Facility that use to be on what is now Zotz Agriculture Lab

Voltan Cliffside Watch: A satellite base located on what is currently Zotz North Garden

Voltan Supply Station: Was a facility that was on what is now Zotz Arboretum

Now with a 2 new major facilities on Hossin, one idea I have is rather than remove Zotz entirely its satellite bases could be used in other locations

Hayd Agriculture Lab: The Zotz Agriculture would replaced Construction Beta next to the Hayd bio lab ruins, a fairly logical place for it

Woodland Gardens: The Zotz North Garden would be relocated to CS Omega just to the northwest serving as a security gate facility between Fallbridge Chemical and J993

Zotz Arboretum: Would be relocated to CS Zeta a fairly suitable location for its size

And like that we got 3 construction sites removed and replaced without having to go back to drawing board to design something entirely new.

Epsilon Depot: Replacement for CS Epsilon, would be a supply depot style facility surrounded by a hexagon wall with 2 vehicle gate shields that are powered by a single generator inside the compound, security terminal is located inside a building that has a fallen tree laying on top of it and is laying in the center courtyard blocking the path through, has 2 supply towers.

Bastion Wreckage: CS Sigma will be destroyed by the wreck of crashed Bastion Fleet Carrier that looks to have torn through the facility and broken in half with the back half laying on top of what's left of the facility where the security terminal would be, the spawn room now gone and now having a vehicle capture terminal under the wreck

Alpha and Gamma will be entirely removed and made vehicle capture bases designed for player construction as their locations would be good for that
    • Up x 1
  2. JibbaJabba

Please I beg you, do not **** up anything further.

Esamir is all F'd up. Nobody asked or wanted the biolabs to be removed.
    Oshur was passable then they added flotilas and F'd that up.
    Indar has had the crown-Ti region butchered and now CTF bases
    Amerish has favorite bases wrecked there. Biolabs torn out, junk put in.
    If we wreck hossin that's it I'm out. I will 100% quit, take my ball and money and go home. I'm fed up.

The only changes that should be considered on Hossin are revamping the identical construction bases. Leave one, experiment with the rest.

Adding new content does not mean you have to destroy old content!
    If ideas for new things are so great, then do them! Do not mess up the existing game.

You want an interlink facility? Swap out a construction site. I cannot believe you are proposing to tear out biolabs just like on Esamir.

I need to stop replying.... I just can't even.
  3. AuricStarSand

I wrote about Hossin here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ed-sides-new-roads-links.260295/#post-3588534

Essentially even if you alter some bases outside mid, most people won't drive to these bases. As when the map alerts, they'll all still stay mid.

The north of Hossin only has one good base to fight at " Offal Pit ". Matsuda Genetics, is the best tower base of any map, due to the walls & boxes. Yet nobody travels to Matsuda, since Chac Tech is lame.

1) Bio Labs are sweet besides the airpad stalemate.
    2) Containment sites are somewhat entertaining, minus the long run to get to the fight.

So then you have
    3) Tech plants. The only tech plant I favor want for any map is MAO tech plant Indar. For every other map, I don't like tech plants at all, zero. Eisa is ok, yet it also bothers me since it's mid. & that people prefer Watersons, Echo Valley, & Saerro. More than they enjoy Eisa. So Why is Eisa mid? If it's less enjoyable than it's neighbor region fights??

So If MAO tech plant Indar is the only good tech plant due to the desert hills and how its positioned. Then what are the other tech plants for? I don't enjoy a single tech plant that isn't Mao. Not a single one, I would name them all, yet they all are bad & if you named a singled one that isn't Mao of Indar, I would disagree with you 100%.

4) Somehow Amp Stations are the worst. Worst than tech plants. Some people rant about containment sites, yet I'd rather fight at a Containment site than a Tech or Amp station. So I don't know what they are talking about. Also they pretend as if Containment sites have more running than tech or amp's & that's not right. Tech you have to run from spawn to A, it's a mile. Amp you have to run to 4 gens. I suppose containment site don't have as much fighting on the way of the run, yet still at least containment site is a new ish design, amps have just as much running yet you've fought at them x100 times.

So really Bio Labs just need a roof window to access for LA flanks. Then Containment sites just need a elevator escalator.
    While Tech Plants need all of them removed besides Mao Tech. & Amp Stations I'd want all of them removed entirely, not a single one left, as they just block the links, people ignore Amps alllllllllllllll the time. Have you ever fought at Freyr Amp station of Esamir? Hell no you haven't. That's just a example. Is a fight at Dahaka Amp ever as sweet as Quartz Ridge is???? NO. Quartz Ridge is vastly better. Regular bases are vastly better. Nobody even fights on the walls of Amp Stations & that's their main selling point, not the gens.

Is Tawrich Tech better than the Rock Bridge is? not even the same ballpark of entertainment... Yet they kept Tawrich Tech & deleted the Rock Bridge >.>

Is Zurvan Amp station not a waste of space that most outfits always ignore? Yes it is a waste of space.

Is Mekala Amp station ignored? Yes.

Is Heyoka Chemical Lab better than Heyoka Amp Station? Yes Heyoka Chem, no to Heyoka amp.

Is Chimney Rock superior to Tumas Tech? Yes to Chimney, no to Tumas tech.

Is the Scarfield Reliq vastly better than Wokuk Amp? Yes.

Is Kwahtee mountain vastly better than Kwahtee Amp? Yes

Are all the neighboring bases next to Sungrey Amp, better than Sungrey Amp? Yes. From NC Arsenal to Moss Ravine, to Jagged Edge.

Is Ghanan Tech Plant Hossin, a boring delay, when you really want to just get to Sharpes Run NW warpgate? Yes.

Is Mulac Tech Plant Hossin ignored? Yes.

Is Ixtab Amp Ignored? Yes

Is Hurakan Amp ignored, even when people are fighting nextdoor at Gourney Dam, yet its still ignored? Yes ignored.

Is Naum Amp a roadblock, when you'd rather have more links to Fort Liberty? Yes roadblock.

So they really require a expansion for PS2, that's about replacing 90% of the tech plants with regular base designs for every map & replacing 100% of the amp stations with regular bases.

Then toss a new extra path to flank all the bio labs, similar to a sky window hatch top of the bio lab, & a galaxy landing flat top of bio's. Elevators or flank tunnels so containment site have more action with less running to the action.

lastly Hossin to make those Ewok tree bases way more brilliant, with more bridges & more platforms, & more stairs not just some jumppad. Also fixed Hossin links so people don't remain mid. Have Hunters Blind more important, as the drive is too far.

P.s. Return the Rock Bridge, The Crown is not better than TI, & TI has been worst since removing the Rock Bridge, nobody fights even at the TI vehicle bridge anymore. Nobody even sunderers the TI grassfield anymore. On the other hand people were getting sick of TI fights over a year ago, yet since had a break.

All traded for what? A Crown fight? As if people are short with tower fights, they have 20 other towers to fight at. From Elli to Mattersons, to Ascent, to Bastion & so on. Crossroads, ect. Why must towers get all the easiest to drive to links.

Oshur didn't have flotillas? hmm your right may be better if the warpgate is a siegable island with bridges, a warpgate that is able to be sieged without some out of zone warning.

Either way most of this is reminders for PS3. Have a winner's year.
  4. JarredGalaxy

Sir are you ok? Need to chill for a few hours.

Anyways in terms of what I have listed here, the construction sites would not be removed entirely there would still be 3 which all have unique features but same basic structure that being Mossridge Command Center, Takkon Storage and Eastern Substation so there would still technically be 3 construction site bases on the continent. And there would only be 1 Bio Lab removed leaving 2 still on the continent.

The new layout of the major facilities on the continent would now be

3 Tech Plants
    2 Amp Stations
    2 Bio Labs
    2 Interlinks

Creating a bit of diversity as Hossin, Indar and Amerish all have the same basic facility layout except on Hossin one warpgate has 2 Bio Labs and the other has 2 Amp Stations, adding the Interlink Facilities in the locations listed would fix that minor issue and that's actually where they were suppose to be when Hossin was first revealed.
  5. JarredGalaxy

So after reading all that what do you have to say regarding the ideas I mentioned above such as restoring the old Interlinks and some ideas I had for the copied Construction Sites?
  6. AuricStarSand

I had to google Interlinks & found your post from 2 years ago. Sorry didn't mean to overlook your observations.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hossin-restore-the-interlinks.257590/

https://twitter.com/rhett_vx/status/1502890651163189248/photo/1

1) From the mini map photo seems Hossin's Interlinks had better use of walls, than the amp stations have. Kinda reminds me of Matsuda Genetics. & I'm a fan of using walls for smaller bases, similar to Briggs Labs Indar, rather than amp walls.

Would be amusing. As long as it's more interesting than the Oshur Interlink & the mini map photo you show, seems is. Unlike the Oshur interlinks, the twitter photo shows some LA flanks for roof fights.

2) The Oshur Interlinks, since speaking of Interlinks. I mentioned how those require the Sage Labs ring yard, to be added to them. From another thread I made for improving Oshur.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...-fights-how-to-fix-oshur.260401/#post-3589048

3) As for the construction sites. Yes those are lackluster. They aren't flat out ignored, yet they don't hold anything other than 12vs12's & skip. The warehouses I like when it's Scarfield Reliq, mega warehouses are brilliant. Just small warehouses, aren't so sweet.

I wouldn't suggest any region to be for silos. Silos should just be a side element. Yet not the reason for any region to exist. Reason why Shattered Warpgate failed & Oshur wasn't favored, these bland plots of land for ant's alone, isn't selling for infantry. The only time ant's having a region to build with is done right is maybe Ymir ruins, yet that lane is also unfavored due to idk not enough obvious roads, else the base to the right of Elli tower, Elli Forrest Pass, dissuades players from venturing south east.

However infantry did like the Shattered Warpgate purple jungle forrests & for some odd reason those were deleted. When people really wanted a official spawn room for these jungle terrain infantry fights, rather than having to use some silo's spawn tube parked one mile out from the jungles.

So yes I'd make the construction sites to something else, preferebly tall tree bases that aren't small yet as big as amp stations are. So mega Ewok bridge bases. For example a Hunters Blind that's x4 the size of Hunters Blind. With stairs & not just jumppads. & many platforms for flanking with regular infantry. Instead of these one dimension lanes, that Halycon Watch has. Hallycon Watch: also known as, the very north east of hossin's warp ewok base, that my pub platoon leaves after arriving.

4) For sure Hurakan amp station & Hurakan Secure Storage more importantly, isn't favored. & requires something else & more roads.
  7. RabidIBM

Maybe keep the 3 with unique names for the sake of the people who enjoy them, then clear off the rest so they can be builder bases? ... You know? ... Construction sites?
  8. JarredGalaxy

I basically suggested that, keep the 3 that hold unique names and features to them and the rest get replaced with something else or have a few cleared to be construction bases for player base building.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

You're spot on. I do need to chill.

But you need to listen.

People are sick of Dev ******* up the game. There are no new people joining. This is it. Piss off the last few paying members and the show is over.

If you touch Hossin other than to replace a construction base I'll quit. Promise.