Hossin actually is the BEST place for aircraft!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZenitHMaster, Jun 26, 2014.

1. ZenitHMaster

You get in the game, spawn an esf. Go to the biggest battle. You notice all the enemy tanks are empty because everyone needed to get out to get inside the cramped indoor base. You proceed to kill 10 vanguards in a row. Now thats what I'm talking about!

It actually is a great thing, less infantry dying from air and more sundies dying. It's a good way to counter a zerg! Also, I thought it was cool when my platoon lead put smoke on enemy positions (if the air really did want to kill some infantry) for air to shoot down, knowing the air cant see past the fog. I think that adds a nice little tactical layer to gameplay, what you guys think?
    • Up x 3
  2. Alizona

I love how there's a canopy of trees so if you just "go high" like you can on other continents, it won't work on Hossin.

If you're at max elevation, you see nothing. You have to go below that top canopy level and get down below and fly down IN the canopy of leaves and branches, down near ground level. I flew my Scythe for a while and yeah OP - it was a blast, I was dodging both enemy fire and the tree limbs. :) But with the scout radar, I think I'm so valuable in battles, I'm just gonna have to do it, get down there and mix it up.

Hossin is simply fabulous, as much as I expected it would be and more. And making air come down low to fight is a big part of why I think it's so good.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rift23

So in other words, it's a PS1 map.
  4. NinjaTurtle

It's awesome, even myself as a terrible pilot survived in the air for near 20 minutes (which is great for me) because the canopy provides you with so much cover. Bursters and lock ons don't have a way to track you

Just way point mark where the enemy is, dive down and bomb by the time they realize what is happening you are already away and hidden by the trees.

Hossin is very air friendly. I say this because if a bad pilot like me can take advantage of it then I'm sure the good - top pilots will be a nightmare
  5. ZenitHMaster

Yeah I tried a libby with max radar and NO ONE cud see me but my gunner was sniping people just by looking at the minimap and my smoke
    • Up x 1
  6. ZenitHMaster

Yeah now finally more people will want to use the scout radar, especially libby pilots!
  7. Iridar51

I sincerely hoped that no one would even try to pilot vehicles at Hossin, simply because of the "it's a bad continent for vehicles" mindset. Way to crush my pink dreams. Guess they can't do anything without their crutches after all.

Maybe Hossin is a bad place for tanks, but nothing I've seen suggests it's a bad place for aircraft against infantry, as some of the bases are open to the air, but surrounded by trees, which make any attempt to use lock-ons fruitless. Though aircraft have to get pretty close to cover some of the attack angles, so I guess bursters are way to go there.