Horrible Server Lag on Connery

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by applepie555, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Shepherd

Exact same issues as the videos posted here... Only started the past day or two. What is goingon?
  2. Xensus

I get the same thing here starting at around 8 PM PST nearly every night. 5-10 second lag spikes are making it impossible to play. Please take a look at this SOE.
  3. slengteng

Still going on for me as of tonight. I am close to giving up on the game now.
  4. escannihilator

same tonight, but it usually affects my clan members not me. well it affected me tonight for the first time....unplayable at times
  5. applepie555

Pretty bad lag today. Got sick of it so I switched to an alt on Waterson. Waterson had NO LAG despite 2-3x the difference. If anyone else has this problem but still wants to play, this is the best option until it gets fixed
  6. STEELHED

Waterson is no better dude... Play for a little longer and you'll see what I mean.... 0-1 fps even where there is hardly any population.. I can no longer even FLY....I have promoted this game to my community, even set up a "Planetside Sunday" event which was picking up steam. I finally talked even more people into giving it a shot and well, you can guess the rest... They just think their PC simply cannot run the game so they gave up right out of the gate... I am also calling it quits. I'll check back in 6 months... Thank GOD i earned all my upgrades instead of paying for them...
  7. applepie555

FPS is different from server lag. FPS is a cleintside problem. Server lag is a server or network problem where the client cannot keep a good connection to the server. This results in playerlocations not updating (people "floating" away), hits not detecting, etc
  8. Blarg20011

Well, since I can't edit my post, I guess I'll make another one. Logged on last night, mother of god it was horrifying. I shot a guy with the UBGL and didn't get a kill for 15 seconds. I tried to gun a Harasser and at several points was alternatively floating gracefully through the air or in a terrifying spin while clipping through the ground. We would be driving along and Lightnings would start slowly floating sideways towards us. Got me killed a couple of times because while I was supposed to be shooting a Sundy I was actually looking straight though the map. Higby pls fix.
  9. FPECHO12

Wow! I thought it may have been something to do with my machine. This is comforting to know that I'm not the only one! I'm running 50MBPS internet speed and 10MBPS download speed, and have never had a problem on PS2 until recently. Not sure what happened, but I've been having HORRIBLE lag as well.
  10. Blarg20011

Just submitted a ticket, lets see if it goes anywhere.
  11. vanu123

i want to copy and paste that so SOE gets the message i am glad i havnt put in any money into the game ive thought about it but until the lag subsides no money is going towards this.
  12. Blarg20011

GM Endina here to assist you today. I understand that you are experiencing some lag issues ingame. I have sent this ticket over to our technical support team and you should hear from them shortly to further assist you. We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Well that was fast
  13. Wstar

I wish this would be fixed soon... I was looking forward to playing.
  14. Wstar

Yes
  15. applepie555

16. Blackinvictus

Not just US servers. I live in Japan and play on Briggs. Lag and FPS drops are making the game unplayable.
  17. SouthFork

Connery is toast right now. Get on it guys.
  18. angryBuddha

I'm in SF w/ a 28MB down/6 up connection and run into the network issues. It happens more in biolab fights than in other areas, but the network lag happens and then i start seeing things in fast forward for a bit.

My theory is that the servers aren't able to handle the helios + connery merge + lattice forced platoons vs platoons engagements.
  19. Blarg20011

20. Blarg20011