Horrible Server Lag on Connery

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by applepie555, Jul 8, 2013.

1. PwNrJoKeR

I've been having the same issue, the game is unplayable at the moment and the OP's video is spot on to what I've been experiencing. I figured it would of been over after double xp.
  2. Skull

I have the same thing. Massive lag spikes like in the video. I can’t play when it’s like that just too frustrating.
  3. xKiLLaMaJiGx

Ever since double xp started the servers have been absolute trash, and as the weekend went on the game became less and less playable. This has happened the last few 2xp weekends to the point where it has gotten so bad they've had to do it AGAIN the weekend after. I can accept hilarious balance issues, minor bug glitches, and spending certs on things I find out later simply don't work as advertised. I consider myself relatively tolerant of this game and its flaws because despite these things the game is still fun...these server issues change that. Ammo packs not working. Medics unable to revive. Getting a hit marker 10 seconds after you take the shot. People warping everywhere while prox chat is filled with complaining about de-sync. These things are simple and absolutely necessary game mechanics that when not functioning do a disservice to your player base and embarrass yourself as developers and a company that depend on customer satisfaction.

With the lattice shoving more and more people into the same space, and double xp stressing the server to the max, continuing to focus on plowing zerg into zerg is what the developers are going toward. If this is the case then fine, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE SURE YOUR GARBAGE SERVER CAN HANDLE IT BEFORE YOU IMPLEMENT IT. These 2xp weekends are supposed to reward long time players as well as entice others to return or even start the game for the first time. If I started the game this weekend I would have laughed at the friend that recommended this game and ask why I just wasted my time. People get paid to make sure this game works, I don't care how hard it is to code or develop for, you are attempting to deliver a product and that product isn't living up to the advertising if it's unplayable. For a lot of people that's the state of the game...UNPLAYABLE.

I still have some hope for the game else I wouldn't be posting on these forums. I fully anticipate this entire thread being overlooked but perhaps the OP and others that have posted here will somehow be heard and there will be change for the better. Patience is a currency that isn't easily spent on real life matters much less a free to play game. Server issues in combination with balance problems, bugs, and various other problems is enough for long time players to start questioning if this game is worth their time. That isn't just a problem for Sony but for the entire community at large.
    • Up x 8
  4. TRNCVS

I have horrible lag also, not FPS PC lag but latency lag on Connery. I am not talking about 100 ping difference. It is more like 800+ ping and packet loss where everything stops for maybe 5-10 seconds and tanks, planes and infantry keep flying in a straight path through buildings and mountains. I picked Connery because it says it's on the west coast and is closer to where I live.

I use Comcast located in San Francisco California. I wanted to see if it was ISP related so I started using DSL from sonic.net. Ping and latency were a lot better, but the bandwith from DSL was half of what cable provided and I noticed I did not lag until there were large battles. I dropped DSL because it wasn't worth the cost of having two ISP's. Then I decided to make a character on Matterson.. for no particular reason actually. So far it's been a week and even though I am in a huge battle I don't experience any lag. I am thinking it has something to do with Comcast and the path the packets are taking to get to PS2 servers.

It is hard to tell sometimes if it is PS2 or if it's Comcast because Comcast has so many ISP issues. Once in a while ill try a different online game and I will also get latency problems, but most of the time I only have latency issues with PS2 and only when I play my Connery character.
  5. PwNrJoKeR

I don't want to prove any false hope but reinstalling Planetside 2 has fixed the teleporting lag issues that I was having. That or my timing was perfect during a hotfix, either way. If people are still having issues, try a clean re-install.
  6. snLtch

I might as well try it since it's absolutely impossible to play.
  7. snLtch

Just re-installed which did nothing as I expected :(
  8. Wstar

I just started playing PS2 again since beta. It seems I get horrible lag on this server. But it may seem more. maybe i have another issue, i dont know.

When I move (holding down forward) for 10 seconds or so... I let go of the key and I keep moving for another few seconds. same with mouse movement. I've tried every graphic settings I can think of, and I get the same results.

Think my issue is related to all the lag? I've tried new drivers, and even a complete re-install. No luck.
  9. slengteng

I've been having the same problem since last Thursday night I believe it was. Prior to that I never had any issues with lag at all, but now it is completely unplayable in big battles, and even in smaller battles the lag is basically gamebreaking. I have another character on Waterson and have no issues there so far. This is starting to really annoy me because I've spent money on the game and I'm most invested in my character on Connery, but now it's suddenly unplayable.
  10. applepie555

Still bad as of last night... Haven't gotten to play get today but I hope GU12 fixed it..
  11. NinjaKitten

Friend and I have been having problems too since the patch last week. We never had problems before then. Guess I'll see if its any better tonight.
  12. slengteng

After today's update I am so far not having the desync/lag issue on Connery any more. I'll chime back in on this thread if it returns for me.

Such a relief to be able to play again.
  13. Morpholine

I saw a little bit of it, here and there, but nowhere near as bad as the previous few days.
  14. TeknoBug

Yup just logged on Connery and getting huge lag, took 2+ minutes for my message in /yell to come up.
  15. Killuminati C

Isn't nearly as bad for me as of todays update. Still a little lag here and there on Indar but it's a lot better than it was.
  16. MilitiaMan

Same issue, just did tracert to 216.115.64.75.

Many issues with switchnap.com.

Timeouts and packet loss.

17. notyourbuddy

Logged onto my Connery last night and was experiencing this so bad I had to log off. Thought it was cause I'm an East Coaster, but I never experience anything like this in the past on Connery.

Nice to see I'm not crazy.
  18. PWGuy93

Ditto but with friendlier terminology. I entered a support ticket on July 5th, 130705-000601 which they quickly closed - they responded but I didn't see their request for a DXDiag before it closed.

Last night after the GU12 update things got even more interesting - along with the increase in lag, my character was able to walk through a solid wall. I was repairing a shield generator, got stuck between it and the wall when it repaired and the game politely pushed me through the wall. ;)

Lag, to me means:
    • Horribly slow response to key and mouse commands ( moving view takes undue time to respond, et)
    • Seeing tracer fire through walls (huge since GU11)
    • Being killed or witnessing others being killed by vehicle fire while inside buildings that have shields in place (since GU11)
    • Visual lag witnessing floating, flying players (not vehicles, not light assault) or their hopping (appearing in one location, then suddenly appearing yards away)
    Suggestion: Service tickets are interesting, but an in-game option would be preferred. That way I as a user would feel confident that they have the data such as X,Y,Z location when describing the issue.
  19. slengteng

I posted last night that after GU12 the problem was gone for me, and it was last night, but tonight right away after connecting the desync issues were there (cloak taking 20+ seconds to turn off, ammo not refilling, etc.). Ugh.
  20. Maginnis

Yep, I'm having the same issue for the last few days. Players warping/rubberbanding, significant delays entering/leaving vehicles and terminals, etc. I don't appear to be having any issues with other applications in terms of speed/connectivity.

I'm in PDX, and am running a solid system. Most definitely, this behavior is recent, as of a few days ago. Resetting my router/cable modem does not correct the issue.

My ping to the server IP appears to be very good... 37-39ms consistently, and ping does not show any packet loss. Perhaps I need a more powerful tool to log the connection.