Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. The King

GO read what I have written to the other user. That is who I was typing to.
    Unless, that person was you. I doubt that.
    Now, you have no proof of who is hacking/cheating and who isn't.
    No one knows how many there are.

Now if you were to comprehend what i have written to the other guy, then there really was no reason to even ask me stupid questions.
    ~"So you don't think there's people cheating?" Like, wtf?

So really, everything you want to know, I have already typed it out.
    This question you're asking me is just silly.

You read what the guy wrote, you read my response. There is no need to ask me stupid questions. Everything is there.
  2. Goretzu

Er..... this is you asking me for proof:
    Which I then gave you in the next post and asked you exactly what you meant (which for some reason you refuse to specify).

Followed by you denying everything and inexplicably claiming I "wasn't" me ( o_O ).

Admittedly I don't comprehend how I am "not" myself. :confused:
  3. The King

umm, proof.. No one has any proof of who is cheating and who isn't.
    Everything everyone typed is just assumptions.
    Get it? on ignore right now. Put me on it too.
  4. Goretzu

Again do you believe this fella is getting that many consistant headshots with a CARV by "skill"?

And again going from that do you believe that:

Hack programs do not exist for PS2 (dispite the youtube vidoes showing them in action and player stats like above)

Or do you believe:

That Hack programs do exist, but for some reason no one is using them (dispite people using hack programs in every other game they exist for)?

Simple questions, with simple answer (all from me, who is, was and always will be me and not someone else).
    • Up x 1
  5. Utrooperx

I've mentioned a kill cam feature several times...I've got Nanoweave 5 on my Engineer and I don't stand still, yet die to really impressive accuracy quite often. A kill cam from the shooter's POV showing him shooting me on the "You are dead" screen would answer a lot of my doubts. Why can't SoE enable this feature for those that want it? If I screwed up and hoisted a big sign saying "Shoot Me!", the kill cam video would show it and I might learn something...if the shooter tracked a "invisible" target behind a wall and around a corner then popped a EZ kill...well, the kill cam would show that too, wouldn't it?

Either way, a kill cam would tend to remove those nagging doubts, so why not give us one?
  6. Utrooperx

As I posted earlier, wouldn't a kill cam from the POV of the shooter tend to show all the proof anyone would need? Seems like a ideal solution, wouldn't you agree?
  7. GamerOS

This, a thousand times this.

Yet on so many gaming forums the vast majority will deny the existence of hackers or claim it's an insignificant portion of players.
    People who claim there are no hackers are either lying to themselves and trying to convince themselfs that they just suck, or are actually hackers just trying to make it apear as if they are not hackers and anyone claiming there are hackers are just paranoid.

I'm convinced a large minority of PC gamers playing FPS games hack and cheat on a regular basis, and everyone seems to be in a mass denial about this.
  8. Hugh222

Sony knows that a kill cam would show indisputably how much cheating is going on and then their game would die a quick death. That is why.

It would be shocking. Hacks are too easy to get and use.
  9. Grate

Off topic perhaps but what is the point in cheating at a game?

Your ****** is absolutely irrelevant because you are not as skilled as you seem and if you go head to head with someone legit like or someone cheating as much as you do who is even slightly more skilled you will still lose hands down.

Maybe I'm crazy and play games to test my abilities on that medium but it seems like a colossal waste of both the cheaters time and their money.

I suck. If you get to look at my K/D on any game you will note that I suck the great nut but at least I've earned my victories. When I take down someone of skill it is the greatest of euphoria because for once my talents have triumphed over a greater foe. How can a person who is cheating find a greater joy than ones own improvement? Any way I'm done rambling. Just thought I'd ask.
    • Up x 2
  10. Thostbog

That player hasn't logged into the game since that day. Thus, choosing to believe he/she was banned.

Thank you, SOE!
  11. Simferion

The ultimate reason is the "social status" where's the "social" part is referred to the gamers' community.
    People who cheats seek to be recognized as members by this community , members of various levels.
    You can see this fact from the various KDR related topics.

I think you can find people who cheat because:
    1) they are mediocre or unskilled players and they don't wanna feel so. wether they are lacking skill or they don't wanna learn to play, they choose to cheat to reach at least an average level.
    2) they are good players but this is not enough for them. Perhaps they know they aren't the world champions but they try to become it using dirty tricks.
    3) they are very good and skilled players and they want to keep this level. No one can always play its A+ game everytime. Using some cheats they can mantain their top level.
    4) they wanna sponsor their hack programs. ;)
  12. Utrooperx

Unfortunately, as I can see no other reason for not allowing a kill cam, I must agree. SoE knows there are cheaters...as one can see by the random "system messages"...and it would be bad "PR" to allow players to actually "see" themselves being "taken down" in less then honorable combat by others who gain their skill by paying for third party programming such as threat detection, reduced recoil, reduced CoF, etc.
  13. Necron

I have seen one confirmed aimbotter since I started playing. Much more common are people who kill you from under the spawn room and such. I reported one person the other day for killing me from underground and he denied it even as I watched him shooting from underground, and latter from inside the spawn room.
  14. HadesR

If it never showed the shooters location then sure .. But allowing it to show the location can be used as a crutch by the unaware
  15. GamerOS

Actually, it's the other way around, the obvious hackers are much less common, in fact, very rare because they get banned so quickly.

What you must understand is that the aim bot software is quite advanced and can be configured in many ways, of most of the people using hacks you would never know it unless you were standing next to them in real life. And that's not even counting the amount of people using just their ESP hacks to gain an awareness advantage while still relying on their own shooting skills.

The obvious hackers, those who just have their Aimbots on 360 degrees max sensitivity head shot only or just use clipping hacks to get in walls are only doing it for the lulz on temporary accounts while using software and VPNs to spoof anyway of tracking their computers so their other accounts don't get banned, in other words they are just trolling.
    • Up x 1
  16. THUGGERNAUT

hacking isn't as bad as it used to be because so many people have left the game. SOE's "efforts" against hacking have been negligible.
  17. Grate

I always did wonder about the KDR issues. I never cared about K/D as I'll happily throw my toon into a machine gun nest just to distract the enemy while my allies do something worth while.

I did some coding in college and it is a beautiful thing when your program runs perfect and then you want to share it with the world. On that front I can understand the developer using it just to show case it. I still have it though as it poisons the community.

As for the 3 remaining points, all I can think to say is they need to grow up. We aren't always 100% and getting good is hard. I still can't win against most opponents, but I keep going. I don't want to see them banned. I want to see them put aside their crutches and learn to fly. Because everyone is worth playing with at least once. Yeah I know, touchy feely bull but if we can all learn respect for each other, maybe the need to cheat will fade and these threads with them. :)
  18. Utrooperx

I thought about that...right now if you get sniped you have a vague idea where the shooter is...a kill cam video, from the shooter's first person POV would show you how much more information? You would see his scope view...along with the normal sniper "sway"...which can be reduced by using the "hold breath" button. As I have Nanoweave 5, when I get hit, I don't just stand there...I move...it's those follow up shots on a moving target...ping, ping, ping...that I'm actually quite curious about...and not just from snipers. Also, most shots are tracer...at least that's how I locate shooters...by looking where the shots came from.
  19. newtis

I guess most hackers use it subtle cause they are just normal hack buyers and want their character in game to progress and not get deleted. I could assume that they activate hacking tools from time to time to give em some boost, or when they think now that tech plant We should have it etc.. and then they deactivate it again after some time. so its pretty subtle.

Many hack claims but come from buged netcode or algs etc aswell. Its not too easy and only the devs can look into it and "follow" the palyers.

I hope they have some kind of police having a suspected palyer lsit which they follow from time to time to watch them play etc.

they could even add some pressure to those figures (kill them many times in a row to get them stressed out and maybe activate the hacks - I would do that as a GM - if it was only a normal palyer than you could apologize afterwards).

If I fid a hacker I would make a conversation and tell I am a woman and want to meet him, in rl i would b**t the crap out of him then :)
  20. Dis

I'm convinced there are more cheaters out there right now than there's been since the first month. Unfortunately this has coincided with a major increase in lag/CSHD issues recently, so it's incredibly difficult to separate the hackers from the derp netcode.