Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Thesweet

What recoil? this game has none compared to PS1. COF used to explode to the corners of the screen after 3 rounds.
  2. Zombekas

A killcam feature would answer this question, just saying
  3. shd

Didn't really read the thread. However, with the size of battles (less importance on individuals), chaotic nature of the game (tons of people shooting all over the place), poor game performance (both fps and latency), no spectating, f2p and topped of with my 15 years of online fps experience i think there is a lot of cheating going on in the game.

When you say cheating people think about those blatant aimboters that just spray headshots around from under ground or some obvious cheats like flying turrets that are more funny then frustrating. All you need is youtube to see that some hacks can be tweaked so much even spectating wouldn't convince you someone is cheating.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dagonlives

I'd say less then 2%. I dont really notice aimbotters. They used to be far more common then they are now.
  5. Puppy

I can play normal APB with default weapons very well? I don't find people cheating much at all in that game (played it roughly a month or so ago). I do however understand getting bored extremely quickly in that game. You just.... Do the same things. It never really changes.
  6. lilleAllan

I don't think I encounter aimbotters to often. Too be frank I can't even remember the last time the thought crossed me.

The closest thing is being instagibbed by an UBGL when I spawn even though I'm nowhere close to the spawn shields. But the netcode of PS2 can be so odd, so who knows.
  7. Posse

Meh... bad players will always complain that the guy who killed him is a cheater just because he aimed better than him, that has been that way since the dawn of online FPS games.

So... what does ONE example of an obvious cheater say? That doesn't mean that there's a significant proportion of cheaters in the game.

True, but it would bring other problems which are gamebreaking, like giving a sniper's position, for example.
  8. Get2dachoppa

You're overlooking the part where this guy has been a member since December. Maybe he only started hacking recently, but it's still a good example that SOE doesn't exactly deal with hackers very swiftly. I've seen blatant hackers in game where everyone is aware of them, reporting them, and yelling about them and this continues for HOURS. If we have GM's on duty, they shouldn't be taking hours to deal with extremely blatant cases let alone days or months. And if it takes that long to deal with the more blatant cases, how long can a cautious hacker go undetected?
  9. Posse

Yes, he's a member since December, but he didn't use that character too much, he's only BR16, I'd be really worried if I saw someone with a relatively high BR with those headshot stats though.
  10. Calisai

I came across an aimbotter this weekend. I was suspicious of his accuracy to begin with, so I kept going after him. It wasn't until he ran out of ammo in his main, and switched to his magshot and put 3 quick headshots on me as I left the spawn from about 40m away that I was certain. (He was also a BR4... so yea... there was a big tipoff as well)

However, before that instance, it had been months since the last apparent cheater I came across. Personally, If they are subtle enough that I don't really think about it... it doesn't bother me. I chalk most of the suspicious moments up to lag, client-side hit detection issues, or luck and move on.

Over the years, I've played FPSs on various types of connections. It's surprising how much good FPS (a nice gaming rig) and a solid internet connection can affect gameplay. Especially when you have people trying to play the game getting 10-15fps in battles trying to play against those of us getting 50+ fps.
    • Up x 1
  11. Ash87

I would be willing to accept a higher percentage (5-10%) of people using something that Assists but doesn't provide a major advantage that can't as easily be explained away by skill (No recoil and the like), but as to the percentage of people using blatant hacks like no clip and aimbots, I'd put it around 1-2% like the majority of people posting.

Now as to what that translates to IG, I've seen 2 people I've reported for hacking, in as many months. the last guy I saw using a wall hack was... 3 months ago? It was a While back, and he has since deleted his account.

Most of the people using overt hacks just wont stick around for long. You don't need to worry about them as much because they'll move on rather quickly

People who use subtle hacks... this is very difficult to say. I hear a lot of people that throw around accusations, I know multiple people who do not hack but get accused regularly. It's so difficult to tell that, at least from where I'm sitting, I see little point in worrying about it.
  12. smokemaker

I would rather deal with a zillion cheaters then 1 kill cam.

Kill cams weaken the minds of FPS players to the point they are no longer able to think for themselves.
  13. Rogueghost

I would be surprised if aimbotters even made up 5% of the population.
    Lets take myself for example, since I upgraded my computer and I now get stable framerates I get an average of 5 kills for every death if everyone that killed me was a aimbotter, that means 20% of the games population is aimbotting.

However if you then take how many times I lose to a 1v1 fight when I have full health, which is about once out of every 10-15 deaths which means I lose to a 1v1 fight after about 50-75 kills now lets assume that everyone that kills me in a 1v1 fight is a aimbotter, that would mean 2%-1.33% of the population is using aimbots.
    And you know what, all the guys that killed me in a 1v1 fight are just better then me, I'm far from the best player in this game.
  14. The King

Go re-read what I have written.
    You obviously failed to comprehend.
    I'm sure you can comprehend what I have stated, only if you tried to understand why I have typed it.
    What I do not understand, since I cannot comprehend that, is why did you even quote me without even reading the content of the person I have typed to. Reading what you have typed, I know you didn't even try. So why bother quoting me?
    Then you typed out some stupid stuff on the last message, I mean, get real.
  15. Drasilov

That guy is playing a completely different game to mine. For starters his sight doesn't wander all over the place, his bullets don't fall out of the barrel or fly two yards off centre even when you have shift pressed. I was playing an infil today and trying to snipe a guy quite a distance away but still in range - I had to press shift and then move the reticle so the guy's head was only just visible above the lower rim of the scope to even score a hit let alone a headshot. The bullet literally drops 10 feet for every 50 feet travelled. I've seen rocks with better performance...

It looks like his bullets don't drop at all with range but go straight into the crosshairs.
  16. hazmat88

I've been flying months. When I am flying my reaver and I come up on a liberator. Lets say I am far away and shooting at maximum range..the liberator is very small on my screen. The SECOND the liberator turns over his belly towards me I get ONE shot by a dalton 9 times out of ten.

This is one of 3 things.

1, One shotting ESF (on first try) with dalton is hard and most liberator pilots are expert MLG (and probably special forces snipers IRL due to extreme skill) who devote most of their waking days to manning daltons. When they are not on tour in afghanistan.

2. One shotting enemy ESFs even at far range with a dalton is really super easy and needs to be nerfed since its SO easy..any 5 year old can do it on first try.

3. They are aimbotting.
  17. maxx

I rarely see hacker doing it enough to be noticed. More I see people abusing overpowered things like the ZOE Max
  18. Goretzu

Comprehend what?

Is that fella likely to have got that many headshots that quickly with a CARV?

And do you believe that aimbot software for PS2 doesn't exist (dispite the youtube and in-game evidence it does)?

Or that just for some reason no one is using the hack software?
  19. The King

Why are you responding to me?
    You didn't read what I have typed to some players, why even continue?

You're asking stupid questions, which doesn't pertain to anything I have written.
    Quit being so...._____..
  20. Goretzu

Er.... you asked ME for proof, so I gave you proof (and you then claimed you hadn't asked for proof - dispite the post clearly being their on page 7 :confused:).

I asked you to clarify what exactly you were saying and you utterly REFUSE to say. o_O

I can't really see my lack of "comprehension" here, only your obscuration.