Honest feedback from longtime vet

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cryosin, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Cryosin

1) the new vehicle mechanics for tanks and vehicles are much better. Great job. Was a longtime complaint of mine.

2) smoothness overall. Gameplay feels much more smooth and polished. It took 5 years(?) but it’s good now.

3) the core gameplay issues remain:
    Low TTk relative to the amount of people shooting at you.
    No real in depth strategy of attacking(where, when, how etc). Mainly just zerging around looking for fights.
    Too many guns that are too similar. I don’t feel like I’m really using a different weapon unless I spend hours figuring out the nitty gritty. On the surface and immediate reaction is that the weapons within each class are too similar to each other.
    Too many one hit kills: explosions x 1000000, headshots, snipers, instagib cloakee knife, did I say explosions?

Also, the spaceship entering at the continent cap is a total gimmick. Unless that is going to be useful later for something later I feel that was unnecessary use of dev time.

Lastly, the new lead dev who is in charge of making the game run smooth and the vehicles not feel like slippery rubber, kudos to you!
    • Up x 1
  2. Campagne

Too bad the ground is still wet ice, slipping and sliding down hills n' stuff.
  3. Cryosin

Yea that’s 90% of why I main a LA haha.
    But it does let you jump into sneaky places.
    • Up x 1
  4. LegendarySalmonSnake

Drifting should be a "feature" like RM for lols and style points.