HOLY S*** DEPLOYABLES ARE AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Nov 22, 2015.

1. McMan

• Up x 5
  2. AxiomInsanity87

Looks great, can't wait.

Fanboi overdrive 9000
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

They said that stuff is about a year away. Strange priorities. I always thought ICL and RR was supposed to be on top. But they seem to avoid those things.
  4. customer548

Can you please define "ICL and RR" ? I'm lost with those abbreviations.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bindlestiff

"Another year before they are ready". Another year? The way the population is declining in recent months, I'm not sure it can wait that long.

Disappointing.

The Indar map revamps is long overdue also. I found it interesting that they are going back to touch Esamir again; there is so much wasted effort on this game.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

basebuilding in PS2 looks amazing already! coupled with ANTs and resource harvesting, this could really boost this game's popularity. it's like Minecraft meets Battlefield in a sci-fi setting. lots of people could be interested in that and give PS2 a never-seen-before hype. someone on reddit even proposed to market this basebuilding stuff as PS2's first free expansion since it will impact gameplay so much and further enhance the purpose of battles.

then again, i like that they are honest about the final release about this. one year off means this is pretty longterm in PS2's terms. lets hope they can pull this off properly and provide PS2 with a new kind of meta it deserves ever since release. the only things i am worried about a bit are the technical impact on server load and performance with these additional assets which are basicially destructible cover/environment. it will need some optimization if they want to give players total freedom over where to build stuff in the world.
  7. Taemien

Anyone catch how Indar is getting the Amerish/Esamir treatment? That alone should keep players interested. The death of Indarside and its overhaul should bring a few back on its own.

Esamir being next and Amerish getting 'slight' changes also sounds promising.
  8. breeje

one year of development
    lets hope there is sill is a players base big enough to keep PS2 alive
    • Up x 2
  9. Sulsa

D U D E
    • Up x 1
  10. JobiWan

I watched most of it yesterday, I didn't hear them say it would be a year. I thought they said early next year, maybe even January. It seems the plan is to release different modules over the coming year.
  11. Pikachu

Intercontinental lattice and resource revamp.
  12. JobiWan

http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/v/26797021

Jump to around 23 mins in, 'we want to get the construction system on PTS by the end of the year' then they say it's unlikely to go live this year. That doesn't mean it's a year away.
    • Up x 2
  13. theVelvetAlley

Got to the point where he said it would take a year to implement and turned it off. Who knows what I'll be doing in a year? I'm more interested in what will come out in the immediate future.
  14. Bindlestiff

That is more like it. The thing is, videos out in the wild with that level of misinformation damage rather than repair. Unless the correct information is in the video comments now (I didn't look) then someone looking to start PS2 for the first time, or someone looking to come back, is going to scoff at this being a year away.
  15. Danath

Everything is destroyable. REPAIR SUNDERERS EVERYWHERE :D
    Oh hey, they finally realize Indar has too many bases and some have to be removed. Wooo only took 3 years!
  16. TheShrapnelKing

The problem is it's too late. Most of the players are already gone and they're not coming back.

They ****** this up so much.
  17. toast2250

Wow, with this in the game will more or less give the felling of completion.

FASTER NOW! WHEN ? TOMORROW!?
  18. sebastian oscar post

YES! NOW MY METAL GEAR SOLID FANTASIES CAN COME TO LIFE!

[IMG]
  19. FieldMarshall

Thats RadarX? He looks badass.
    On a totally unrelated note not related to RadarX, im thinking of getting rid of all my hair.
    Im getting old and its like 1.5m long, but thin as hell. At least i have my long beard.

Anyway. Im most excited about revamped meatgrinder bases on Indar.
  20. Goretzu

It looks really, really good, although as ever we'll have to see how it is implimented.