Hitching (?) / Large Drops of FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gammit, Mar 30, 2013.

1. OrrwrenX

Update: I did a fresh reinstall of my Operating System, fully reinstalled fresh new drivers (none of which are BETA versions)

Nothing seemed to fix the constant crashing, FPS drop etc.
    I submitted a support ticket and spoke to a representative, who promptly received my msinfo32 and dxdiag information and came to the conclusion that the problem was perhaps the driver version.
    It seems that the newest Nvidia drivers, version 320.18 do not like Planetside 2 (or other games for that matter)

I made the switch back to version 314.22, and I've been playing for about 2 hours without any incidents, crashes or FPS drops. (Usually, I can't play more than 30 minutes without crashing)
    I'm going to wait until I've played about 10 hours before I say anything conclusive... but so far, so good!

For those experiencing the same problems, check mark the "clean install" box when doing the Nvidia driver update and revert back to version 314.22. See if that helps.

If by 10 hours, all continues to go well... I'll try to switch on Physx and Ultra again and see if it'll play this time around. (I miss having Physx on *sad face* )