Hitching/Freezing fixed without FPS drop

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EricAurum, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Schwiizer

I don't have problems with hitchin, my lags look like this. (Already posted that here, but noone had a solution)
    If anybody has something what fixes that would be my hero =D

Your fix doesn't work fot that kind of lags...
  2. Pardus

Two points:

1)What legal grounds can say complain about a user having control over what their system runs? It is by definition our system. They can decide they don't like us (or are cheating) and refuse to do business with their clients, but point blank dictating what a client may or may not run will in point of have get them (and in more then a cases HAS) got Sony fined and sued.

Now actually modifying then distributing a changes executable would violate their copyright, but showing how to control it or modifying it on a personal scale would not.

2)From a practical standpoint: I had a game that will not run. Being ban for making it run doesn't exactly lose me anything beyond reenforcing my already rocky view of all things Sony.
  3. Kislany

Thank the Gods who are Acidule and EricAurum now I can actually play the game and don't have to spend some $1700 for a new rig! I was pretty much close to uninstalling the game (even though I have about 5 more months of membership till it lapses), I just couldn't play. Someone posted here a video where all they do is lag - until they die - well that's exactly what is (strike that - was) happening to me as well. Now it runs pretty smooth even with 25-48 (or thereabouts), whereas before I could not get out of a 1-12 player game. I even ventured into a 48+ game and it hitched but I could actually play.

The SOE dev team should really look into this issue and fix their code - why when we delete a duplicate thread in the process things start working almost like by magic?

So thank you again...sure, we need to do this trick every time we play, but it's a small price to pay for actually being able to enjoy the game for a few hours a day. It's the first time since the August update that I felt today that I could PLAY.

And for whoever said about getting banned and cheats and whatnot - temporarily killing a thread on our own computer makes the game playable - the way it is mean to be. It doesn't give us any advantage, but it does level a bit the playing field vs those who are not suffering from hitching/lags. That's all it does: we no longer lag (at least not as much as before).
  4. WarmasterRaptor

Well, we could ask
    or
    to know if this is legit...
  5. Dibola

• Up x 2
  6. WarmasterRaptor

7. Legend-

didn't fix my hitching, it helps a little bit but still unplayable I get 70+ fps in low populated areas, but when I get to the action it still hitching like hell.
  8. queue

yes, same process for the 32bit client. You should be able to go longer without CTDs. I can play for about an hour without crashing when I was going only 5-15 minutes between crashes before the PhysX hack.
  9. FrozenTampon

SOE seemed to fix the hitching for me with the latest server maintenance. I was about to try this fix and logged in to see if I was still hitching and I wasn't, but I tried this fix anyway and after I disabled physx it made me start hitching again. The only problem now is the running and aim down sight animation is bugged for me, I changed my affinity to only core 1 and it fixed it and after playing for about an hour with reduced fps, I turned all cores back on and the animations were back to normal.
  10. Cert-reset-now

I'm curious about this fix and have some questions....

1) For the people that it fixes the freezing for are they running Nvidia GPU's?
    2) For the people it doesn't do anything for are they running AMD GPU's
    3) For people with AMD GPU's why the heck would it be loading Physx .dll's anyway as physx isn't even supported as it's proprietary Nvidia only stuff...which is very terribad coding if it is.

If physx effects got taken out of the game due to issues a load of patches back wouldn't it make sense to just get rid of loading anything to do with the physx subsystem ??? I dunno - love this game - pumped quite a lot of money into it with a sub and whatnot but every patch makes it harder and harder to keep the faith tbh.

Oh and Pie.
  11. Bambasti

PhysX is not only designed for Nvidia GPUs. There are two versions, one of them is also a normal physics framework that can be used by the CPU, albeit it's a lot slower (intended, at least it was due to poor optimization, to have an argument for selling GPUs that support it). But if you don't exaggerate and keep things simpler it should be fine. It can be imagined at the free basic version everybody gets. This version always uses the CPU and is running with Planetside 2 at the moment. They included some more 3rd party software to save time and money during development, even if that caused quite some problems (anyone remembering that performance killing HUD?).

The other "premium" PhysX version is the one that makes full use of the GPU - Nvidia only - so that you get these fancy particle effects and physics that are a lot closer to reality. Because it didn't run very stable they took it out of the game and said it would be back soon(tm) quite a while ago. Last thing they removed and never talked about again was motion blur so I don't have high hopes we'll get back features any time soon. They just cut out things that don't work to save time and necessary work to fix it at the moment, perhaps having a tight budget post launch.
  12. AllocF

EricAurum,

Awesome stuff. 45 minutes in with no hitches!

SOE needs to provide you with some form of compensation.

Thank you,

AllocF
  13. scrubudu

Worked Perfectly !

Win 7 64 bits - AMD 3,2 Ghz QuadCore , ATI - 1 Gb.
    4 Go RAM

x86 client crashes since update..(got a batch to get the x86 client since the beginning ^^ )
    and on x64 version freezes turned the game unplayable ^^ ( but not crashing... well)

Thank you !
    I may perhaps have a better ratio then ^^

Dropped from ~5 to 25 FPS max to ~30 to 60 FPS !!!
    The only lags are when lot of people.. but it was always like this since then !!

Thank you very much again !! ;)

Thyss
  14. SP3CTREnyc

@acidule Your fix may have solved some of the hitching issues. I think my problems originate more from this massive lag error I share with @schwiizer. I do have hitching and freezing, but I also have characters running in mid-air.

In hindsight, I'm sure my problems are latency-related. Not sure why, as I have no problems with connectivity in any other application.
  15. Legend-

I actually found something about my fps drop, this method helped me to get rid of hitching in low popluated areas but in large battles I'm getting fps drop to 0-1, and I actually tried to see what happening using process explorer, what I've found is that when i'm in low popluated areas i'm getting decent fps and cpu usage is arround 80's but when I move to large battles, cpu usage goes down arround 40 or less I checked the proc explorer and found that only planetside usage is high everything else is just the same nothing goes high.
    And I noticed that when I work with 32bits, cpu usage is fixed arround 80 and that's what makes the game smoother in 32bits ( till it get crashed to desk ofc ).

if someone could help i'de appreciate.
  16. henrickbr

Thank you for help, but the problem still remains for me, the game was perfect, but now seems a waste of stuttering, freezing and FPS drop.
    It is discouraging to say, but I really quit of complaining :(
  17. Torborn

This fix works great, seems that it has been included in todays game patch since its only showing one process now when I've just launched the game.
  18. Autenil

Correct, the update this morning reduced our PhysX thread count so you should no longer have to kill one of the threads with Process Explorer :)
  19. AllocF

The recent hotfix resolved the hitching problems my older system was having without having to use the Process Explorer work around. Thank you.

AllocF
  20. MasonSTL

huh just tried it twice and the game crashes right after the continent loadscreen... must have removed this process in the last hotfix.