Hitching/Freezing fixed without FPS drop

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EricAurum, Oct 13, 2014.

1. YannZeRookie

It works for me, THANK YOU SO MUCH !
  2. SOEFAILS

SOE should seriously stop making video games
    • Up x 3
  3. Mbui

Still works for me.
  4. Ransurian

Works well enough for me, although I still have occasional hitches. It's pretty much playable right now, though. Thanks to the OP for pointing this out.
  5. Aloysyus

Altering with the game.exe sounds pretty dangerous to me.
  6. Pamelo

No. There is no good reason. And it making game stable.

Yes it is very dangerous ! Don`t do it ! It will overload your brain ! :)
  7. CommanderA

Well I followed the instructions and deleted one of the duplicates, and was able to play for about 45 minutes without any problems at all, no crashes or anything. Thanks so much for this fix!
  8. Aloysyus

Well, some people might like to get banned, i am not one of them. So maybe SOE should say something if it's safe. But i don't have these problems anyway.
  9. Pardus

My two insufferable cents? The reason for it being is:

A) I'd say very bad procedure oriented programming, but I consider procedure oriented programming bad to start with. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procedural_programming
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-oriented_programming

B) Bad collaboration tools, and or teamwork. (IE the same bits of code were reinvented by two different sessions or people.)

C) Encapsulation violations. Some one either "Knew What They Were Doing" (TM) and outsmarted them selves and/OR PhysX engine and then botch the job because they "Knew What They Were Doing" (TM). That, or just plain did the same did the same bit of code twice forgetting they'd already done it once before.

(Not that I've ever done anything like that ... Ok, I did it once when I still programmed in BASIC in middle-school. I have sense paid for my heresy, and repented of my sins to never do it again! (I hope.))
  10. KiraValtraut

Get banned? They screw up big time and honest players -- and customers -- couldn't play the game anymore. It was already a ban at some point, because -- I'm not sure -- my rig was now too old for 2 PhysX and whatnot?

Yes, we messed up quite a bit. But, hey, have sand in your eyes! /ban
  11. LordKrvolok

Why don't they just drop physx and go with Havok or something similar. It has been just pain in the *** for them and us, I mean not being able to make it working after so long is just hilarious they should just drop it find an alternative and implement it, clients would be much more happy.
  12. Jakenheimer

Unfortunately killing either thread had no effect on my 32-bit client. Crashing still occurs randomly with an average around 10 minutes.
  13. EricAurum

We aren't "altering" the .exe, the changes made with this method are only for the time you have the game open.
    Every time you start the game you have to repeat this process, because it all reverts back to the "default".

If SOE starts banning people for trying to come up with fixes and workarounds for their bad optimized game and poorly done coding, then I think those costumers should never give 1 cent to SOE ever again.

Not that they will do that. I don't think anyone will get banned for following this method.
    • Up x 1
  14. FLHuk

Image your system, make the changes, if banned produce image, stick two fingers up.
  15. Raveboy

hey man after i done all that do i need to leave Process Explorer running or i can close it and just open PS2 again?
  16. LastAlbatross

Worked for me, does this soon mean we will get an official client patch getting rid of Nvida's ****** proprietary physX...?
  17. Dibola

This doesn't affect gameplay, doesn't make anyone gain an advantage. Know your **** people. All this does is kill a thread process that runs with a process. They aren't gonna ban for something like this.
    • Up x 1
  18. Forknife

Tried it on my 64bit client and it works! Thanks so much whoever came up with this!
    Finally i can play this game again. It even ran flawlessly in 96+vs96+ on 25-35ish fps and the regular 60-75ish in quiet areas.
    Without this fix, the game froze whenever someone else showed up, let alone trying to take aim or land some shots.
    No more slideshow!! GJ!
  19. Tadd

This helps alot, but not enough to want to play the game more than 20 minutes with the lag in fights. I'll log back in in a month... A big middle finger to Sony.
  20. Aloysyus

This is not about logic. As far as i know cheat programs changes made are "only for the time you have the game open" too. We know pretty well that SOE can't always distinct harmless stuff like this and cheat engines - and they made that pretty clear in the past.
    I appreciate the effort taken here, but IMO we really need green light from SOE for this workaround.
    • Up x 1