Hit Recognition Bug as Tank Resurfaced?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Odamit, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Odamit

I've recently come back to play PS2, and it seems like I can't consecutively get hit markers for any landed shots fired after the loading animation finishes.

Has anyone else been experiencing this, again?
    • Up x 3
  2. Bixli

..yeah ..that reconquista bug is anno-ying.
  3. Alarox

This is why I haven't been playing the game at all.

It is impossible to enjoy tanking right now. Not when 50% of my shots don't register.
  4. Borsty

I guess the hit detection is equally bad everywhere. You just don't notice it that much when you fire 25 bullets at a guy in 2 secs and 5 of them don't register.
    You really notice it though when tanking, where you only fire 1 round every 4 secs or so. But don't despair, I'm pretty sure the hit detection, or better: not detection, has saved my tank's *** once or twice as well.
  5. Alarox

This isn't just the server not detecting your shots randomly though. This is the game rejecting every second shot you fire.

And honestly, I would rather have my shots and my enemies' shots always work than play a game of chance.
    • Up x 4
  6. Odamit

Well, this is disappointing : /
  7. Borsty

I'm not saying the current situation is good. All I wanted to express it: It's not just a tanker's problem, and it's not just your problem. So yeah, it's ****, but at least equally **** for everybody.
  8. Alarox

It isn't equally as bad for everyone. Everyone isn't dealing with consistent 50% hit registration.

This isn't the same problem infantry have. Infantry players are dealing with the server failing and not reliably detecting bullets hitting someone. People in vehicles are dealing with a guaranteed 50% hit registration rate every time they reload.
  9. FBVanu

It took me 10 shots with a lightning HE.. 10! to kill one infantry, out in the open, on Indar yesterday..

Shot right at his feet, HE.. you'd expect big splash.. one hit kill.. but nada.. not only did I not kill him, but I got this
    little hit marker, like when you shoot a MAX with a pistol.. that tiny little red thing..

The player did not even move.. as if he did not even see the explosion near his feet..

And on and on again I fired.. so frustrating.. for a moment I thought I was drunk, then I remembered, I don't drink..

Same today, lightning HEAT.. direct hit, only the small hit indicator.. it's really bad.

But head shots with a Vanguard HEAT register just fine.. OHK.. no problem..

This has to get fixed, asap..
  10. Klypto

It's their stupid hit validation:

>>> Weapon fire validation failed: ZoneWeapon::ValidateFireTimestamp - expected refire time: 350ms, actual: 337ms
    >>> Weapon fire validation failed: ZoneWeapon::ValidateFireTimestamp - expected refire time: 350ms, actual: 349ms
    >>> Weapon fire validation failed: ZoneWeapon::ValidateFireTimestamp - expected refire time: 350ms, actual: 344ms
    >>> Weapon fire validation failed: ZoneWeapon::ValidateFireTimestamp - expected refire time: 350ms, actual: 339ms
    >>> Weapon fire validation failed: ZoneWeapon::ValidateFireTimestamp - expected refire time: 350ms, actual: 334ms
    >>> Weapon fire validation failed: ZoneWeapon::ValidateFireTimestamp - expected refire time: 350ms, actual: 324ms

Basically if you fire before it thinks you should have reloaded by, it goes NOPE and invalidates your magazine until you reload.
    • Up x 3
  11. Juunro

Urgh. It's fraggin irritating.
  12. Alarox

Exactly.