[BUG] Hit Detection getting Bugged with Burster

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keiichi25, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Keiichi25

So a few times, I have noticed the client not registering hits on targets, namely air targets where the range was literally 'point blank' and the target was not going in weird angles or what not, and I see the 'explosion', but the hit not registering on the target.

In those times, its like the detection is not even registering at all for multiple targets (IE, not just one, but engaging several other air targets, again where they are literally 'coming at you' and it shows 'burst burst burst' but no hit indication.
  2. KariH

Hapens time to time. It is game feature.

If you Bursters do not work try tunnel yourself through teleport (bases - that shimmering tube). Fix a lot of troubles.

Enter vehicle and out fixes also.

Press "m" and again "m" helps sometimes also. (MAP)
  3. Keiichi25

SOE also wants us to report those bugs as they happen.
  4. Purg

Experienced this about a dozen times last night. Strange thing was that some aircraft would take damage and some wouldn't even though they were in the same line of sight and around the same distance. It also affected the AA MAX around me. We'd just call out to each other that hits weren't registering so we'd focus on the next target.

For the moment has only resulted in an inconvenience. Have yet to see an aircraft do anything but flee when being hit even though they weren't losing health.
  5. ent|ty

Maybe we were good with the Bursters once, and now we suddenly suck....
    Or its a bug.

When I first got my dual Bursters, I'd get my MAX out with a vengeance, and almost rage as i pummeled the lame *** spawn camping or otherwise surrounding enemy air, and take down quite a few.

Now, it really isn't that astounding. Something changed. Either they nerfed the Bursters, or the targets have certed beyond my ability to take them down fast now..

All I know is that used to be about 1.25 clips for me to take down an ESF, now it's close to 2.... Libs? Blah... I could drill them straight on, and they just laugh and Zephyr me dead.
    Galaxies? Indestructible, not even worth shooting at unless I want to empty all my ammo left.