[BUG] Hit-Box Hacking

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Beerbeerbeer

When will they fix this crap?

People are getting really blatant with it lately. Ballooning the head hit box to gigantic proportions.

However, the subtle, not-so-obvious (although they’re still freaking apparent) are the ones that really piss me off. These people have near 50% HSR with automatic weapons while their accuracy hovers around 25% or lower.

How freaking blind and dumb must you be to not realize these people are modifying game assets?

You guys leave a lot to be desired when it comes to common sense.
    • Up x 3
  2. csvfr

How do you know it's not an aimbot? Have you done it yourself?
  3. Beerbeerbeer

I assume this because hit-box hacking has been widely documented for a very, very long time. Hit-box hacking would account for the statistical behavior of these notable players with respect to the recoil/COF mechanism.

Now of course, an outright aimbot could also be at play, but those are much more difficult to get past BE (I presume), whereas it’s been documented that hit-box hacking can be done with BE.

Regardless, the ineptitude of DBG and BE to stop what is very obvious is amazing to me and doesn’t bode well for Planetside: Arena, because I’m sure whatever works here will likely work there as well.
    • Up x 2
  4. WinterAero

Won't ever be fixed. Hack creators told me themselves - this game is an exploiters dream.

Not only that, based on the sales lists of these cheats - banning and removing it if it were possible - would delete major, so called 'skilled' outfits from this game entirely.

Or shall we go back to Elusive and how his head shots drop people over half a foot above their shoulders LOL whilst every other person I know must hit the head accurately - or no banana. Excluding latency and randoms ofcourse.

You know the truth. Treat the game as the joke infested **** pile it is or move on. Nothing much will change its fate now. Its too old and understaffed/funded. Sad I know. Don't take any joy in saying it.
  5. AlcyoneSerene

Got one clear example of a hitbox mod cheater, who would 2vs1 us with shots around corners (you don't see him, he never appears, you just take damage), until my team mate went CQ sniper to take him out, a low level who couldn't aim or position himself but somehow made us drop instantly. These are likely test accounts for such cheats.
  6. FateJH

Technically, aimbots have been documented for far longer. Going all the way back to 2013. Probably even some undocumented culprits during Beta.
    You have a suspicious amount of inside information if that is true.
  7. Towie

It's been getting worse since last year but agreed, lately it's a bit ridiculous. The only thing i'll say in DBGs defense is that they remove them quite quickly when reported - indeed delete the character - take a look at your killboard and see if there's any 'na' people. They are gone already.

I fear they just re-roll and continue with their 'fun'.
  8. JobiWan

I came across a lot of new VS characters a few nights ago that were all headshot monsters. Yell was full of haccusations, they were just too good.

I have no proof but my gut feeling is that it's got worse again in the last few weeks.
  9. Beerbeerbeer

DBG is just flat-out incompetent.

As much as I hate hackers, the only way to fix this is if more hackers play. I’m of the school that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Well, these wheels need to fall the freak off.

When hackers threaten their livelihood, then and only then will they do something about it. And yes, I think hackers are destroying this game. It’s a loss of confidence. It’s long gone and they sat on their fat hands doing nothing while it drifted away.
    • Up x 1
  10. gunnner10

I see this problem extending into PS Arena. If they cant prevent it in PS2, Hacking will be rampant in Arena also
  11. DeadlyOmen

When I kill, it is skill.
    When I get killed, the other guy is cheating.
    • Up x 2
  12. Liewec123

i too am skeptical and would like some proof before grabbing my pitchfork,
    i have been killed REALLY fast by people recently,
    i've been playing a lot of Triage flash medic with Jockey (giving me an effective health pool of 1,250)
    and some people have been instantly deleting me.
    i get the suspicion, but we can't call them all cheaters without proof.
  13. strikearrow

They actually can't completely stop all hackers without the hackers crashing the servers with DDoS attacks. I've read hacker forums (specifically because PS2's relatively large hacker presence annoys me) and hackers even brag that they have run some games out of business when the anti-hacking efforts became too severe. Now there is basically an unwritten rule that game Devs will allow some hacking to appease the hacking community.
  14. CptLegshot

I love this forum.
  15. JibbaJabba

lolz, yeah that was a pretty good one.

Devs *real* thoughts on hackers are best kept in their thoughts. If they took the real action they wanted it wouldn't end up with new anti-cheat code, it would end up them in the back of a cop car in handcuffs.

There are indeed hackers. In my own experience they tend to be brand new zero certification, low level characters. They'll get the drop on you a few times, but ultimately fall to your guns because winning is more than just aim.

But there are a ton of players who just really suck so bad that they don't know how bad they suck. I watch my fellow outfit mates just wreck people in 5v1 (or worse) matchups. The hackusations fly everywhere. We screenshot them as trophies. There is no point in defending ourselves or arguing. When you triple dink someone and some network latency on their end turns it in to a one frame... what can you do? Either they understand what just happened to them, or they think you are a hacker. You can't change their mind.

I get the hackusation sometimes, not too often (I'm not that good yet). I see my teammates get them constantly. Do I know they are NOT hacking? No, I couldn't technically prove that. I do know they don't NEED to hack. I also know they have way too much pride in their own skill to be reduced to such drivel.
  16. WinterAero

Feel free to completely ignore apologetic ******* like the above.

As we've already discussed in the past - certain things aren't consistent online because of the inevitability of server and internet instability. This game is one of the worst. Packet chunking and many other latency blips can occur.

Usually this emerges as some sort of pattern for an individual that they can recognise. Such as 'my ping sucks at peak' or 'those lag wizards seem to be everywhere in the off peak - so I don't play'.

Regardless you get a feel over an extended period of time what your outliers are. It's a human trait - called pattern recognition. We all have it, regardless of personal skill or aptitude. It's a core facet of learning.

So when you encounter players repeatedly that disrupt the usual patterns with unusual ability; you can first assume that they are skilled or of a high BR. You do this ofcourse, with the playersite or death screen. From which you observe achievement points and KDR. Even then you may be looking at a drop in from another popular FPS. So you don't assume.

Thats when TIME comes into play. People's ability degrades over time because of fatigue. Chunking is also not possible through out the day on every encounter unless you are artificially altering your latency (many 'pros' are).

So when certain individuals become the only outlier in your experience - cast against a backdrop of other long term players that you trade kills with; along with that experienced of server stability over time; you begin to form a picture of something not being right. Which it often isn't.

Adding what we know about cheat sites; They have over the years greatly dwarfed the total membership count of this game. The current most active one (ps2 thread) oddly has 3 x the amount of visitors vs total players ps2 has on its log in curve. Again if we quote the other users of this forum, who correctly assert that ''where there is a will - there is a way''; you can again reasonably allocate a portion of those numbers to those still playing.

Most of whom are 'vets' in named outfits - because the game is starting to slow down and lose popularity.

If you then take the above (people pride themselves in their skill) and calculate the probability of them encountering a cheater as populace dwindles and the hitbox reports grow; you will conclude that a fair amount of them would want to even the balance.

Can you kill cheater characters in the game? Certainly. But they have auto-bone locking, auto-medkit, auto lag and many other advanced features that you can easily trace on youtube. WhoIsDiz was a heavy abuser of the original hagsclub cheat engine for example (now defunct).

Don't allow people's 'trust me i know' to trump common sense and math. They look as pathetically obvious in their agenda as you might imagine. WAY more people cheat subtly here than you ever imagined. This isn't a skilled game in the slightest. But I've droned on. Take yourself to the cheat sites for ps2 yourself and march on through talking to people (without a rude undertone) and you'll learn way more than you wanted about how laughably hack ridden this game is.
    • Up x 1
  17. JudgeNu

I dont typically fall for conspiracy theories but i have gamed along while, seeing hackers and gold sellers.
    I had a wild thought one day.
    The Devs are the Gold Sellers. The Devs are the Hack Sellers.
    Crazy i know.
    I just cant seem to find any other explanation besides they just cant stop them.
    They should hire hackers to help them code...oh wait...lol.

Anyway, i was just strolling through looking for info on the new Carbines.