Hipteticly if there was wind ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Merakov, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Merakov

Hipoteticly if Snipers had longer range but there was also wind in PS2 would sniping be better or worse ?
  2. K2k4

I think it would be incredibly easier. The adjustments required for wind measurement at the ranges we're firing from would be very small in comparison to the adjustments we make for height and target leading we have to make as of right now based on the bullets current velocity.

Imagine this, if your sniper bullet at 300 meters took a fraction (like 10%) of the time it currently takes to get to the target, but you had to account for wind at targets 600 meters away), would it really matter since your enemies currently only render out to around 350 meters?

Maybe I'm getting off topic, were you suggesting that they account for wind and keep the current velocity but remove all drop?
  3. Merakov

Hmm I meant If render distance was for example twice what it is now and we could shoot to the limit of the render distance then but had to account wind and bullet drop would sniping be better or worse experience than it is now ?
  4. TheHuntsman

its a matter of opinion really personally i think it would make sniping a bit more challenging that's not really a bad thing or a good thing really depends on your point of view.
  5. ManicUndies

hypothetically*
  6. Masterofm

People would pass gas.

If wind affected bullet trajectory and their was wind in the game the obvious answer is that it would make sniping harder.

/thread
  7. MajiinBuu

He also forgot the PSA tag
  8. Rift23

There's lag, that sorta counts doesn't it?
  9. CuteBeaver

If there was wind... then i could fly a C4 Kite into ESF, and would die a happy lady. I am pretty sure this is why we didn't get the recon drone. They knew...:p and if there is no wind... why do the trees move...? :eek: Also the title of this thread is fantastic at 4am.
  10. Corvus Corax

hip testically is what I read