Highly Amusing New Feature introduced by suicide fix!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ripshaft, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Ripshaft

Observe the following image:

[IMG]

You might notice...
    • I'm getting a medal for C4
    • I'm getting a ribbon for C4
    • I am an infiltrator =p
    You might also notice the medic hands sticking out trying to rez me lol

Turns out you get credit towards ribbons and medals for suicide kills. This guy here killed himself with the c4 he used to kill me, I had knifed his face shortly before, so I got kill credit for his death.

[IMG]

Not too sure how to best abuse this for fun and profit, but I'm sure it's possible, enjoy!
  2. Vaphell

had similar situation where HA triggered my betty and we both died. I got a kill for him, but it didn't count as my suicide, he got a kill for me. I wonder if TR can get ribbons and medals for betties.
  3. GSZenith

well yesterday before i got 28fps in warpgate i got kill credit on a scy when he crashed on top on me.
    was repairing a max. :rolleyes:
    anyway back to cs:go
  4. CaligoIllioneus

The idea is that if the person suicides the last enemy that did damage to him within a certain time frame gets the kill. If the enemy falls to his death the kill doesn't count for any weapon, but if the enemy kills himself with a mine, C4 or whatever, it counts as your kill with whatever he used.

Getting ribbons and kills for enemy explosives was already possible before, but it was harder to pull off, as you had to detonate a mine yourself and kill the enemy with it. This happened more frequently with frag grenades, as they can make enemy AI mines explode which in turn kill enemies, granting you kills with whatever mine that was.
  5. IamDH

You had 6mill render distance what did you expect..
  6. GSZenith

6000. the last 2 zeros are decis.
  7. ironeddie

Interesting & cool.
  8. RHINO_Mk.II

Your sig is hilarious, even if it does look staged.
  9. Zotamedu

I have a betty kill as a TR since I managed to kill the guy who planted the betty by shooting it.
    I also have a heal ribbon even though I have never played medic. Seems like the self heal you get from Bio Labs count towards ribbons. That's the only explanation I can think of because I was not using a med pack or anything when I got the ribbon.
  10. EmmeraldWeapon

ive gotten heal ribbons while playing ha too.
  11. Ripshaft

You get points towards healing ribbons for the passive regeneration of biolabs, that has nothing to do with the recent suicide changes. Though yeah, it is pretty awesome lol

Edit: oh yeah and you probably get it from kits as well, though my ribbons have all been while regenning passively, and I eat a respectable amount of kits, so maybe not.
  12. rickampf

I dont know why, but today i crashed my fresh gal in the middle of nothing, and a guy receive the kill with a frag grenade!... o_O, weird.
  13. Tommyp2006

Yep, I have the bronze medal for betties, before the suicide credit system came out lol.
  14. Arkenbrien

I charged into a room, but was almost instantly mowed down by about 5 NC. I got a couple shots off, though, so I did damage them. Then, about 5 seconds, later, I got about 5 kill notices from a bouncing betty. Apparently, one of them must have accidentally shot and set if off, giving me CERTS!!!
  15. Total_Overkill

Used to, when all weapons/equipment displayed on character sheet. My VS had a gold medal for Betties >.>

Not anymore, sadly...
  16. MorganM

With this... a lot of ppl are getting kill XP off me when they detonate my proximity mine close by.

Fine with me.
  17. IamDH

Someone reported it :(
  18. RHINO_Mk.II

Awwwww. Have a panda and feel better.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Ripshaft

Was pretty silly choice of wording, should have said "not a single nanite given" or similar... man I miss the old language filter... was a work of genius.
  20. St0mpy

welcome to Handoutside, the kills for suicides code is badly thought out and should require a minimum level of damage to be inflicted before being awarded these free kills