High Pop these days is GREAT, Queues are NOT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, Feb 21, 2020.

1. OgreMarkX

RPG, please remove or reduce the queue timers.

I am a paying customer (because of Everquest though, member perks in PS2 just aren't worth it) and I just wont wait in a queue for more than 5-10 minutes when there are so many other games to play. Especially on a weekend.

Take a ... <pardon this...> CUE ... from your PS:A disaster---players don't enjoy queues.

But it's great that so many players are in game now, please interpret WHY correctly.

And I hope whoever was making decisions at the executive level at DBG these past few years takes a CUE and realizes his decisions were terrible. Once that influence was removed, players flocked back....EVEN WITH NO REAL CHANGES IN PLACE apart from the removal of bad decision makers...

There is a reason why a poorly run restaurant or motel puts a "Under new management sign" outside their building...

"baTtLe rOyALe mIcRo-MaCrO-lOOtCrAteZ mLG PrOz"

Oh and off topic, sorta....just watch how Bethesda screws up Elder Scrolls VI...Todd Howard and crew have NO idea why Skyrim was so loved for so long... NO CLUE.... They suffer from the same disease DBG executive suffer from.

So do well RPG....do well...

Hint: Don't let the central planner control design.
    • Up x 1
  2. FLHuk

I've rarely been stuck in a queue for more than a couple of mins in all these years of F2P.

Take a bio, make a brew, interact with the missus, stroke the cat ( Not a euphemism ), stop the parrot doing summit she's not meant to, clean summit, change your focal length ( 49, you'll thank me later ), do some laundry, make another brew, play the sodding underpop faction!

And those are just mine :D
  3. Towie

I used to be a paying member and rarely waited in a queue.

Now I am not - last night I joined a queue of 50ish for Indar, expected to wait for ages, took literally 2 minutes. I always thought that membership 'perks' were not enough to justify the expense and now i'm pretty certain !
    • Up x 1
  4. Johannes Kaiser

[Offtopic Start]
    As someone who finds Skyrim more "okay" than anything else, I would approve of changes. What they need is narrative strength (especially in guild lines; main quest hasn't been good since Morrowind, but in Skyrim it was particularly horrible), good integration of the existing world, and the possibility to use weapon+shield+healing spell without having to use quickbars to switch every few seconds. Oh, and good riddance to the console-targeted menu. That was an insult to PC players.
    And I'd personally like a bit more quests to be outside of dungeons. Say 50-60% instead of 10%. I'm not that much of a dungeon fan, they weren't that great ever in my opinion. And the system of "please go to this there cave in 5 miles and retrieve my piss pot that I left there when bandits scared me away" that was just designed to get you into said boring dungeons was a mess. Randomly generated or not, such quests are so shallow even puddles after a rainfall can claim to be a lake in comparison.

This video I found a month or so ago sums it up pretty nicely, but it's very long. :)

[Offtopic End]
    On the queues, sitting near the end of a 50 people one as a non-member really isn't that enjoyable. Although that does speak volumes on player numbers when that can happen even with 3 continents open. Problem is, there will always be favourite continents: Indar tends to be one of the more crowded ones, while Hossin is generally avoided. So population isn't generally evenly spread, which is what leads to the queues being as long as they are.
    Best fix would likely be to adjust some continents to make them more playable and get people there to take some load off the other ones.
  5. Gooyoung

Emerald have this problem presistently for this past weeks. Queue reach to 50s and need to wait around 15-20 minutes in VR.

And what is changing focal strength...
    • Up x 1
  6. FLHuk

So would I be right in thinking you're on the most populated faction?

Play all three, have a 2/3rds better experience!
  7. TRspy007

The queues don't even help with balance, since factions double team each other anyways. Really, the queues have been broken and useless from the very beginning, there is no need to have them. They should have been removed long ago. The goal of the game is to get players to play, so there's really no reason to prevent people who want to play.
  8. InexoraVC

I think we should start a new thread "NERF the ******* QUEUEUEUEUEUeueueues!!!!"
  9. iller

Often the most populated faction has the worst Win-ratios. (unless they're Emerald Vanu)
    So it wouldn't hurt them to allow for a bit more flexibility as long as that Faction isn't ALSO controlling the most Territory too
  10. Shadowdev

I agree, lately the ques are long and a bit longer now since I stopped paying the membership and I think I'm probably going to move on to something else because I'm sure it'll all be fked up for months before they fix it... they haven't fixed the bugs that have been around for years now.
  11. AbsinthSvK

so , you are trying to join server when your faction is overpopulated and zerg even more ? Hell no, wait till someone disconnected and dont ruin fairplay gameplay for others. Players these days want everything but know nothing.
  12. OneShadowWarrior

I have a lifetime membership and I am glad to see the queue times, people are back, they were down to 800 during prime times at one point on Connery and the fights began to feel like ghost towns. Thousands have returned with the hype. So, seeing the waves come back in is invigorating.

Rogue Planet has got momentum, so this update will either be a huge success or a dismal failure that can potentially end the game.

I hope they deliver because this is their chance to redeem themselves.

I can’t imagine the queue times without a membership, so I see that there is a strategy to making money, free to play, you just have to wait more or pay.