Higby tweets shotgun rebalance for GU06

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Flashtirade

Oh, I was under the assumption that you had already read the patch notes and I didn't need to say anything more. Here's the gist of it:

- All 143 damage-per-pellet shotguns got reduced to 134 dmg-per-pellet. That's all of the shotguns except the Jackhammer, which is garbage anyways.
    - All of the previously mentioned shotguns have had their fire rates and reload speeds decreased (I'm not exactly about the pump-actions "chamber time").
    - Similar changes to the NC MAXes' shotguns were made (I don't know if the damage per pellet was changed though), and they also got their ammo pools and clip sizes (extended or not) reduced. Lastly, their bullet velocities were reduced, which wasn't really an issue anyways because shotguns, but it probably decreased the effectiveness of slug rounds at mid-range.

E: so basically the "variety between factions" thing that you mentioned didn't happen, all shotguns just got nerfed
    E2: and they still all look the same
  2. Wolfwood82

Hmm, you got a bit of that wrong but oh well.

The nerfs are minor at best and are little more then placebos.
    There are buffs too.
    Mattocks are going to piss me off now.

I honestly did not expect such a change to game play to occur. Hence the term "hope".
    • Up x 1
  3. ZEPLN

Mattocks were always good. They're better now. Always my MAX weapon of choice since I refuse to use slugs. I wouldn't complain if they removed slug ammunition from the scatmax entirely.
  4. Wolfwood82

They have slug ammunition? **** that's why the over powered beasts don't have problems with range.

I've never been fond of ScatterMAX's, either in PS1 or 2.
  5. Flashtirade

I'm not exactly sure what I got wrong, since I pulled all of that almost directly from the patch notes in the announcements section, but okay. I also agree that while these changes did decrease the raw damage output of NC MAXes, they didn't solve the core issue that NC MAXes handle differently regardless of how much weapon their AI weapons do because of the nature of said weaponry versus those of other faction MAX AI weapons. Shotguns just do not handle in the same way as LMGs, no matter what numbers you change.

Speaking of the Mattocks, I should probably go test those out.
  6. warmachine1

Not gona happen, cause it means refunding everyone who purchased them.
  7. ZEPLN

Refunding cert-points. Not hard. You don't face the same stipulations with cert reset as you do with SC refunds. They're already working on a refund mechanic for the people who purchased account-wide items multiple times before the unlocks were deployed.
  8. Navoletti

what is the work of pandora after this patch of rebalance?i check with slugs and is bad
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

soooo what is the effect of this rebalancing regarding the shotguns throughout all factions? does any hardcore shotgun user notice any big difference post-patch? would be great if a vanu using thanatos/pandora/nova preferably with slugs equiped shared his knowledge
  10. ladiesop

The reload time feels like an eternity now. This is the biggest Nerf for me, especially foolishly choosing the 8-shot.
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

thanks for your input man. so i dug out the general changes to shotguns coming with GU06:
    what do you guys think would be the change (nerf) that could have the strongest effect on shotgun gameplay? for instance, are things like 'Slug animation no longer lowers rate of fire when equipped' and 'Now reaches minimum damage at 40 meters, reduced from 65 meters' big game changers or only minor things that hardly impact gameplay?
  12. Wolfwood82

I think the reloads will have the biggest impact on the weapons.

Shotgun recoil only really mattered on the automatics and even then it was really manageable already. The RoF barely touches the weapons. and the pellet damage over range is hardly worth writing home about, you'd only notice the minimum damage with slugs, normal shotguns barely damage things past 20m anyway so what's the point?

Finally pump actions are now the best sniper shotguns, 3 body shots or a head and body to kill a target at any range. The others were alright but relied rather heavily on that damage to last a bit further then 20m and the drop off is suddenly very steep.
  13. JackyDawg

As for scattermaxes, i just think that they should have equivalent weapons for other factions. I mean, maxes are basically designed for CQC, so why does only the NC get max shotguns?