Higby tweet: "what do you really want to see in your empire specific sniper rifle?"

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Good_Kitty

Higby I already have enough sniper rifles. Why would I want another ? Maybe add on some new kind of scopes that spot enemies for your team and make them semi automatic? Give them some other purposes other than to shoot someone in the head. I see no reason to buy a new sniper rifle now as they can all fit the roles I already play.
  2. ModJPB

One more thing...

NS
    Why does each faction have four bolt action rifles. There is little difference between them. I say delete 2 of the bolt actions, average their stats together and make a universal NC Bolt action rifle. This leaves the factions with a more distinct choice for bolt actions, one is lower damage but high rate of fire and reload, the other is higher damage/velocity with lower rate and longer reload. The NS serves as always the average between them.

Issueing certs for the deleted guns and upgrades will be necessary.
  3. Hoki

Because consistency in weapon design has no place in infiltrator loadouts.

Infs were incorrectly given access to everyone else's SMGs. Stealth patch will remove access to them and give us access to Scout SMGs.
    AKA 500rof 125 damage LMG hipfire with a 25 round magazine. Damage dropoff starts at 6 meters dropping to 84 damage at 25 meters. 25/50 ammo, ammo suit slot extends ammo by 5 rounds per level. Headshot multiplier of 1.5x.
  4. LilianaMonteclaire

Personally, I'd love to see the NC get a sniper rifle along the lines of the Spartan Laser from Halo. Not an exact replica, but something that has a period before it fires where it paints a target for all to see, then wrecks them after. Rewards the NC player being able to stay on target with a lethal shot, rewards the player paying attention by being able to actually know what's coming and act against it.

Vanu could get an anti-infantry lockon plasma launcher that lets them arc shots. Aim at target directly for a few moments to acquire, then feel free to tilt shot. Its arcing nature makes it ideal for long ranged shots, and as with the NC rifle, it's perfectly counterable.

TR could get a double barrelled bolt action, letting them loose two shots per chambering.

Dividing sniper rifles into just "Bolt action" and "Semi-auto" means you miss out on alot of potential sniperish weapons that aren't centered around simply landing a headshot at 300m. Snipers are about extreme range combat with scopes big enough to let you see the individual atoms on your target's face, not headshots. Every weapon in the game has headshots.
  5. Lonny198

Would love to have a BASR with low magnification scopes, 650+ m/s and OHK-HS range reduced to ~125meters :p
  6. ModJPB

PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I won't be able to play my Ninja Assassin loadout anymore! I understand why, but it doesn't mean I like it.
  7. Gastoninho

What about thermo scope for TR? VS would be beneficted with some body-piercing plasma rifle with DMG about 450~400 DMG semi-auto. NC should have some "no need hold breath" stand...
  8. PinkiePipeBomb87

At the risk of ridicule and rage, I'll throw in my two cents, even though I'm sure each weapon I'm about to suggest would be far too OP. XD

NC: Rail Gun (duh)

I, personally, love the idea of OHK body shots...maybe head/torso only? Any rate, Rail Gun gives OHK body shots, OHK headshots on MAXs. Single-shot, long reload, COF greater than 0 even when scoped, and a long, bright blue tracer that is VERY noticeable....no subtlety with this thing. Also penetrates no more than once, does 1/3 damage to second target. Heavy damage to Flashes, moderate to Harassers and Lightnings, light to MBTs and Sundies.

VS: Seeker Rifle

Two firing modes. 5 round mag. Primary firing mode is your average bolt action rifle. Second firing mode is semi auto "Seeker Mode": Whatever target is currently in the crosshairs will be locked on to. Each projectile fired will travel only slightly slower than a regular round, but, will seek out its target on its own. Obviously, could be evaded by ducking into cover, or by Infil's cloak to break the lock. However, if the user wanted to, they could charge up to fire the entire mag as one larger, slower mass that would OHK infantry on impact.

TR: A Proper Anti-Infantry Rifle

Essentially a semi-auto .50...10 round mag, semi-auto, high accuracy, very low recoil. However, does BASR like damage...OHK headshots, 2 hit body shot kills. And dumping a whole mag into a MAX could easily kill or cripple it. Not quite as unique as the other two, but essentially the perfect sniper rifle. High damage, high accuracy, low recoil, big magazine.

I am now ready to accept your hate. :p
  9. Chazt

I am a little disappointed that they decided to give us a shotgun. Again.
  10. Tenebrae Aeterna

Bit disappointed myself...

Though, it does have the potential to be the best rifle out of them all if it has one-hit-kill capabilities at both long and short range with its only weakness being medium ranged situations. Granted, it's likely going to have a moderate shotgun variant with a solid bolt-action main function.
  11. Chazt

I guess I should just be glad they are at least making it a railgun. I am tired of the shotgun theme for the NC, I mean Gauss and rail weaponry are supposed to be our thing and they add and awesome sci-fi feel, so I would like to see more weapons focused around that aspect of the NC rather than the weird shotgun thing we have going on. I am going to stick by what I said earlier, if the sniper was a legitimate railgun, with high bullet velocity, high damage and crappy reload time. I would be extremely happy. I guess we will just have to see how it goes.