Higby tweet: "what do you really want to see in your empire specific sniper rifle?"

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Jan 15, 2014.

1. BloodyPuma

Oh crap, just realized that adrenaline pump will go to suit slot. Nothing will still my precious ammo:

[IMG]

Even thing ive been waiting for [faster sprint].

I could spare utility slot + granade slot + tool slot = all for adrenaline pump not messing with my ammo :)
  2. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Does anyone play LA with adrenalin pump here?

I'm curious how much of 10% helps in different situations.
  3. ShumaKun

Its meh and I have over 50 days of LA playtime
  4. Tenebrae Aeterna

I wouldn't get too giddy just yet; I don't even know what they mean by mobility in a sniper rifle...but I know the last two things we had based off mobility got nerfed hard. :p
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Head over to the LA forums, they claim it's very underwhelming and have been advocating a buff.
  6. CuteBeaver

1:20 time to 1:50

I know its sad, but I was actually pretty happy about that increase because of all the times I have been " just short" of being able to jump from one location to another. Consider the extra distance increases based on your height and air time. Which means certain jumps might now be possible which previously were not.... I guess its useful up until the point that you turn yourself into a nice little infiltrator pancake.

While it might not be so great in terms of combat , it would provide us routes to get in bases differently or move around inside them with neat pathways. I think trees will be awesome with this. Off the top of my head this should open up at least 1-2 additional tree routes in snake ravine alone...

Don't get me started on Xeno Tech
    • Up x 1
  7. MrMurdok

Since I can't find the reddit post regarding this, I'll throw it here.

TR: 99 DMR

-Scopes: 3.4X, 4X and 6X

-Mag/Pool: 12/60

-Damage: Same damage profile as the 99SV per bullet

-Fire modes: Semi auto when hipfired, 2 round burst with zero spread/recoil when scoped. After firing a burst, trigger a bolt animation to feed a fresh round (unless you have the No scope out attachment)

Ammo Slot: Kinetic Penetrator. Trade muzzle velocity, and add bullet gravity in favor of the ability to negate a MAX suit's natural small arms resistance.

NC: AF-27 Widow Maker

-Scopes: 6X-12X

-Mag/Pool: 1/30

-Damage: 990 with T3 BASR traits, OHKs at 300m.

-Fire modes: Bolt operated, 2 second re-chamber.

Ammo Slot: Flechette Rounds. Adds 2 more seconds to the re-chamber time, bullets explode on impact, small AoE with AI damage.

VS: VX-15 Lightyear

-Weapon adds 15% walk/sprint speed and allows for faster ADS movement

-Scopes: 6X-12X

-Mag/Pool: 5/30

-Damage: T2 BASR

-Fire modes: Bolt Operated

Ammo Slot: Overcharged Batteries. While scoped in, you can hold the fire key to charge up a shot, while charging, hold breath is disabled, and Lancer-like shakes are added to the sway. Upon firing, provided the shot was a hit, it would bounce and cause body shot damage to targets in a radius and number that depends on the number of charges. For example, a fully (4 charges) charged shot would bounce to four more targets in a 10m range of the original target, while 2 charges would bounce on 2 targets in a 6m range of the original target.

And now for the twist

All three rifles have an alternate firing mode, activated by pressing 'b'. This mode, which takes 2 seconds to switch to and back from, replaces the weapon's ammo counter with a heat gauge. The weapon is now in Designate Mode.
    Firing the weapon in Designate Mode would allow you to paint enemy vehicles in up to 200m (while de-stealthed, of course). Any friendly ESF armed with Hornet Missiles 500m away from the target will be able to lock on and shoot, fire-and-forget style, at the vehicle you painted.
    You must keep the target painted (that is- not die, stop designating, or have the weapon overheat) while the missiles are in flight, fail to do so, and the missiles, like any other lock-on that loses its lock, would fall down and explode.

TL;DR:Three unique rifles with emphasis on their faction traits and a special weapon mode to increase infantry-air teamwork.
    • Up x 3
  8. Lordgensokyo

Instead of bolt action rifles, why not something more unique and possible team-based?

I.E a large sniper rifle that has the option to allow a fellow teammate to CHARGE UP your rifle while its deployed .

Introducing the NS-Man portable railgun with an exterior charger:

Basically imagine a portable railgun/coil gun that can fire normal slug rounds at the same fire rate as a bolt action rifle (with cocking and stuff) but at semi auto rifle damage while in its default state.

It has the option to deploy on the field with the (B key- default sundy deploy key) dropping a cylinder(or whatever reusable asset SOE has) near the user while forcing the user into ADS mode unable to move or do anything other than cloak unless firing. In this state, any friendly can come along and help CHARGE up the railgun via the exterior cylinder. There will be 3 specific levels of charge, at the first charge level - we get the default bolt action damage, the 2nd we get a OHK to the body and at the last phase it is able to do some light damage to armor and extremely light to MBTS. Ofcourse there will be a huge increase in time between shots while firing in this mode and the compensate for the OHK while the weapon is charging, it be visible from a distance due to the large sparks it be emitting.

Some variations between factions can also be made i.e. at the last charge each of the factions specific guns can have different effects... but well i'm out of ideas here :p
    • Up x 1
  9. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Hmm you're right , haven't though of it. It will be much easier to climb vertical walls on a larger battle - not to mention a few new places to try out . :D

Probably worth to cert out for spidermen...

And spiderwomen who like lesbians :D
  10. BloodyPuma

Lets
    Where does it come from? Is it official? Or is is your proposition only?
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

I'm pretty sure that he was just tossing his ideas that he already has on Reddit, I don't remember seeing this information anywhere.
  12. LordDethir

parallax is bolt OHK VANU super weapon is charge 1 shot headshot (but 2 shot ead shot min charge)
  13. BloodyPuma

hmmm... clone of parallax with 15% bonus to speed but much longer reload. if thus could stack with adrenaline pump, I could live with this ;)
  14. BioPhysics

NC: Railgun that OHK's with a body shot up to 350 meters.

TR: Bi-Pod mounted sniper rifle that reduces scope sway by 75%, and reduces recoil by 50%.

VS: A laser rifle with no bullet drop, and high mobility (i.e. extremely fast scoping).

What do you guys think of these?
  15. hansgrosse

Anyone remember the FarSight XR-20?

That's what I want. >.>
  16. MrMurdok

Just my thought.
  17. Darkelfdruid_LOL

sexy Vs thoughts :D

When's our date dude?
  18. Rean

let me guess, you are NC player
  19. BloodyPuma

If NC would get one-bodyshot-one-kill I would create NC alt, buy it, wait for FNO epizode, gather 10 guys and shoot the crap out of Higby and Luperza till they would block us ;)
    • Up x 1
  20. Deteno

I can't speak to the other factions but this kind of idea is essentially what I want to see in a VS empire specific rifle. I want to see it embrace the Lasher style cover defeating projectile.