Higby Tweet - Nerfing Phoenix Damage

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Paulus

:eek: you mean he should have read the ToS in the contract before going off on a "i know the law, i read it in a book somewhere" rant? well gosh, what a high school level error to make.
  2. Prodigal

Have you not seen videos of ppl sniping infantry with the Phoenix? There's nothing more effective and less skill-requiring than that...and that's why they're going to nerf it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Prodigal

You must surely be trolling.

"They should do something with the Striker aswell. Right now i think its bugged, i cant lockon to infantry at all." sounds like you're not among the brightest of humans.

Anti-Vehicle weapons are NOT supposed to oneshot infantry or kill it easily. What kind of perception do you have? Do you want the whole game be full of instagib weapons? Only skillless people need that.
  4. Ghosty11

Yeah I love these guys that go off with their internet law degrees spewing nonsense, about consumer law, bait and switch, and whatever other buzzword words they picked up off the nightly news, yet they click "I agree" to every ToS for every piece of software they install without ever reading what rights they are giving up by agreeing to the ToS.
  5. drNovikov

Infantry is not supposed to surviva a rocket in the face.
  6. Prodigal

That's right, but this is a game. Infantry also isn't supposed to take a lot more more than 1 bullet, right? And you cannot respawn in a real war, right?
  7. drNovikov

So what? It's can't be a reason for surviving missles, nukes, thermonuclear charges, tank shells, etc.
  8. HMR85

IMO, I would like to see a increase in range for the Phoenix out to 400 with a bump to damage against Vehicles. Maybe a slight tweak allowing for easier guidance of the rocket also. I personally cannot stand how it feels like I am trying to guide a dam flying brick. If that was done the Phoenix would be spot on IMO.

Also, I am perfectly fine with them nerfing the **** out of damage against Infantry. It was never intended anyways to be used a camera guided infantry rocket. Just one mans thoughts.
    • Up x 1
  9. Prodigal

Yes it can. Dont only think about your own interest, think about the game as a whole and its balance.
    • Up x 1
  10. drNovikov

No, it can't. It is perfectly balanced by the very fact that you have only 5 rockets and if you are wasting rockets and time on infantry, you are not doing anything useful. Also, medics revive almost instantly.
  11. Stigler

Thank the maker for the nerf.

Infantry was starting to not be fun, people with Pheonix skills made cover obsolete. I had to stop using cover and just madly sprint always in many battles.
    • Up x 1
  12. Longman

They spend that much time balancing the phoenix before it went live. Now only three days after releasing they find out that it's OP? Must be kidding. All the players that have bought this launcher are using that thing a lot right now. Thats why it is everywhere. Wait some time to see what will happen, when ppl go back to their AV turrets, Hawks, Sniperrifles, etc..

There is no need to nerf a weapon that is that new.
  13. Comptonunhh

So they took a weapon that sucks at anti vehicle and is really good at anti infantry, nerfed its anti infantry ability and didnt buff its anti vehicle ability. NICE now we have a weapon that sucks at everything and serves no purpose.
    • Up x 1
  14. Prodigal

You're actually just being egoistic. How about you compare the weapon to others? Not even Snipers can kill as easy as the Phoenix can.

Oh and to your "medics revive almost instantly" excuse, that is totally unsincere, since the game is about xp, which you get by kills. So what you actually want is to be able to randomly spam instagib, making tons of xp that others cant make, and expect everybody to be content with it. You must either be 14 years old or be incredibly spoiled. Life is not only about yourself. You're not a special and unique snowflake.
  15. Dytto

I'm a Vanu and I agree with you. A dumb fire rocket launcher that can't OS infantry is a too big downgrade.
    Decimator + lockons is the way to go.
    • Up x 1
  16. Comptonunhh

No, theres a problem when you think anti infantry is a quality you need in a launcher when youre holding a gun for that purpose, people shouldnt be thinking "oh i see infantry, better put this rifle away and pull out my rocket launcher".

The lancer has a very nice advantage in that it has near instantaneous travel so the only time you miss is when you really arent good at aiming. They've already said theyre buffing the lancers damage and accuracy, once that goes through i really dont see any reason not to use the lancer.
  17. FieldMarshall

It was meant as joke obviously... Sorry if it was too subtle Imagine how stupid it would be if the Striker/Lancer was on par with the Phoenix AI wise.

It seems to be ok for the Phoenix to behave like this, but if you bring up the Lancer and Striker doing it then suddenly its "unthinkable"
    • Up x 1
  18. Anonynonymous

Yeah, I'm totally fine at they lowering Phoenix's damage against infantry, ONLY if they increase it's range.

But developer said it'd be impossible to add any more range for the Phoenix missile due to the fact that game mechanic would need to put a loading screen before the pov can move back to the user after detonation.

So how about instead of having the missile self-destruct after it reaches 300m, simply sever the control and camera of the missile and have it continue to go further on a straight line? This way we can side step the loading screen mechanic AND give Phoenix the extra range to be better suited for anti-vehicle role? Oh, and provide a distance gauge on the camera UI to let the user know how far before the missile loses radio signal. This way an experienced user can still guide the missile onto a projected intercepting course even if he couldn't personally fly it all the way to the target.
    • Up x 1
  19. Prodigal

Okay, so my first impression was right ;) Only, as you know, there are such absurd people on forums, that you get prepared to everything...so I wasn't entirely sure :)
  20. Ronin Oni

Yah, they mentioned that as a possibility and are looking into the coding logistics to make it happen.

In addition they will be buffing it's damage to air as well

and giving it a form of IRNV that will highlight vehicles from farther away while limiting infantry to 100-150m or so