[Suggestion] Higby says on Twitter and I quote

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FlR3, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Degenatron

Since the question is "ONE THING" to "ADD" to Planetside 2 my answer is:

Steady Barrel Technology for All Vehicles

Change all vehicle mounted weapons to not be locked to chassis movement. Instead vehicle mounted weapons should move independently of the motion of the chassis, and only be forced to move when the weapon pivot constraints are at their maximum. I believe the Liberator main gun behaves this way, so the code exists in the game already. Here is an example:

[IMG]

This would better enable ground vehicles to move and shoot simultaneously and create more dynamic vehicle combat.

Of course the resource revamp, Hossin, continent locking, and global lattice are all more important, but they are also already planned. This is something I'd like the devs to consider adding into the game.
    • Up x 10
  2. RogueVindicare

If we did ^That^ , then no one could argue that the semi-stabilized gun of the Magrider is an advantage of the tank anymore. Which means BUFFS ;)!!!
    • Up x 3
  3. Piestro Community Relations

This is actually a pretty important point. The feedback is definitely considered, however there are also a number of other factors we have to consider. How much would feature x take in terms of resources? Does feature y complement feature x? Will work for feature z have any bearing on feature x (either helping or hindering)? Does feature x have any impact on business initiative 1?

Maybe outfit recruiting requires UI changes that will also support outfit leaderboards. I don't know. Only the team can fully understand exactly what goes into any particular decision. We try and share some of it, sometimes though it has to do with things we aren't quite ready to tell you about yet. Still reasonable that you question it, I'm just trying to share some insight from this side of the monitor.

So the roadmap isn't design by popular vote, instead it's intended to give more voice to your opinions. You get to let your opinion be heard. And your actual posts are also very important. It's not just what you want, it's why. Whys aren't something you can get from a vote or straight datamining, it requires you sharing your experiences and emotions.
    • Up x 5
  4. NinjaTurtle

Yes I agree however when something has such a majority against it's inclusion that needs to be taken notice of.

It is true that some things require more development time than others and I am not suggesting you can at a whim make one task fit into another timescale, if I gave that impression I apologize.

Now I know nothing of game design or how the UI team works and I won't try and pretend otherwise, but I don't understand how Outfit Recruiting would require Outfit Leader Boards or why any update changes needed to the UI couldn't just be separate from the other as unless I have misinterpreted you are suggesting the possibility that one relies on the other?

I also see your point that a pure data mine can't be used but it can be used to give you a good idea of where to start or where to say "You know what, it was a good idea on paper but it doesn't look so good now"

In terms of outfit leader boards the main reasons why it is considered bad are thus and I quote:

"Don't see any good coming from this. Just outfits with ****** that needs satisfying. I'd rather see outfits doing things based on importance than devoting their members to capturing a string of empty hexes for leaderboard points."

"The outfit ego contests are doing just fine without your help, thank you. Can we focus on making the gameplay better instead of this anti-community dick-measuring garbage?"

These are pretty strong reasons as to why it is getting dismissed by the community. I would be interested as to how you are going to allay these concerns as they must have been a major point of discussion in the meeting when it as decided that this was going to be implemented because they are the first 2 comment son the roadmap thread with strong support, assuming notes from the roadmap were made for that meeting.

If these get added then I hope these concerns are addressed because as a community driven game the last thing you want in a game is divisions within the same empire, which is what some of the main concerns suggest.

This is 1 example and I thank you for your time reading.
    • Up x 1
  5. Mastachief

Bases. You know proper defendable bases.... where the

Cap points
    Routes from the spawns to the cap points
    And
    The spawns

Cannot be vehicle spammed.

The simple things you know...
    • Up x 3
  6. Gustavo M

• Remove InfiltratorInfiltrator loses ability to one hit from a specified distance/headshots; SMG penalty is applied after decloaking (can't shoot for 2 ~3 seconds)
    • Remove Light AssaultBullet/explosive resistance is decreased slightly while flying;returns back to normal after 2 ~3 seconds.
    • Remove C4C4 damage reworked; more damage against common vehicles/tanks, minimum effectiveness against infantry. (Two C4 = tank hp dropped by half.)
    • Remove AV turretAV turret rockets explodes if it goes past 300m.
    • Remove all lock-on weapons
    • Add more dumb fire RL's/anti AA weapons that are not lock-on
    • Rework on shotguns, letting em as a primary option for CQC
    • TTK increased from 0.25 average to 0.5 (demote lone wolfes/one-man army, removing their ability to clean a whole squad by themselfes.)
    • Rework on ESF damage; more damage against common vehicles/tanks, minimum effectiveness against infantry.
    [IMG]
    /thread
    • Up x 1
  7. RealityWarrior

Engi ammo packs that toss out onto the ground like mines instead of having to be placed only to be interrupted 10 times in a row as people run by.

or

Spitefire turrets :)
    • Up x 3
  8. Liquid23

Jiggly breast physics
    • Up x 2
  9. doogieblauser

ironic I used to kill whole squads with the gustav in BC2.
  10. doogieblauser

They might need to hire a third party japanese animator for that. Those guys are good.....
    • Up x 2
  11. Liquid23

if they could get the guys that did Dead or Alive that would be awesome... maybe we could get a beach volleyball minigame in VR too
    • Up x 3
  12. Elrobochanco

Oh one more, I would like to be able to select any friendly base on any continent and be able to spawn there. Just adjust the time before I spawn in by the distance. I don't care about the penalty, I just want to stop having to make a series of redeploy hops to get around the illogical spawn range. Even if it's squirreled away like right click "force spawn at base" option.

Redeploy from north indar warpgate, click on Hvar tech plant to deploy to, wait 2 minutes for "long range nanite transfer", make a drink.
    • Up x 1
  13. Puupertti Ruma

Remove/nerf lock-ons. Make dumbfire more viable and fun to use by buffing the velocities considerably. Using lock-ons and fighting against them is not fun, nor does it promote learning as it takes zero skill. Even wire guidance with the ability to release the missile (ie. have it go straight) would be more fun than the current "fire and hit" rockets.
  14. K4is0r

For me statistics are very important. If I could add one thing to Planetside2 it would be a more detailed players.planetside2.com page, where I can check who makes the most headshots or has the best accuary with specific weapons. Where I can go through lists and tables of information. Where I can decide which point is the most important for me (not just "top score" or "top kills"). Where I can differ my outcome through the "most played class" status and so on...
  15. vsae

Better game stability.
  16. BloodyG

Well, well, well i go with anti cheat tool, i know no hacker or scriptkiddies exist in the world of most PS2 players but i see them every damn day. Can't do much about the people who bought an abo for a hacktool, but most scriptkiddies would be out of the game.

Or does Higbe want's to end like this poor guy?
    [IMG]
  17. Thardus

A couple of Planetside 1 bases, re-skinned and dropped wholesale into the game. Call 'em Interlink facilities, but use all four different layouts. (Five? Not sure if the Dropship Center was different from the Tech Plant underground.)

I love this game the way it is, but Planetside 1 bases would be a great new environment to fight in.
  18. Dargadon

I`m thinking about:
    • Bring in promised MAX-Flamethrowers
    • More tools and abilities for support classes
    • Bring in that Colossus super-heavy tank? With main-cannon gunner separated from driver (5 turret-gunners, 1 main-cannon gunner, 1 driver)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  19. Pootisman

I was thinking about "super-tanks" for some time. In some RTS games like C&C or Warhammer 40k DoW you had such "super-units" which were quite fun to use.
    • TR: something like the Baneblade (basically a giant vanguard tank), because they are the most traditional faction
    • NC: something like the Landraider (basically a giant Sunderer) or MARV (giant tank with a triple-cannon = high firepwower)
    • VS: something alien looking, like the Reaper Tripod, a spider-like tank which shoots lasers.
    • NS: colossus super-heavy tank from the post above
  20. xvader

1. LLU type of mechanic to PlanetSide 2.

2. Improvements to the scoring system so that it emphasizes other important aspects of the game like healing and repairs. In other words, the score screen is focused on KILLS, which is not bad per se, but when I play a support role like medic or engineer, it gives me very few reasons to look at the score board. I cannot see, a tab of say, top people in repaired experience, top people in supplied ammo experience, top people in healing experience, top people in revives made (just like kills!), something for inflitrators like top people in headshots made, etc. Basically give every class, especially support roles, a reason to watch the scoreboard when they are not focused on combat.