Higby pls ideas

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Jul 31, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

im making this thread to gather some ideas and thoughts for SOE in case the feel so inclined to read this thread

the topics are

Sensible Engineer items (ACE tools)

Light assualt ideas (give them something new to do that is unique)

New heavy weapons

fix for the heavy shield ( i dont think it needs one, but if you can come up with a good one, that would be awesome)

try to keep it on topic, i dont want this becoming a nerf all of the things thread
  2. AdmiralArcher

just to start this off

higby mentioned akimbo weapons, and how it wasnt a good idea in the end

instead of akimbo rifles, cant we do akimbo pistols?

for the Engineer, i think either a mortar launcher, or a portable infantry terminal would be great
  3. Kirbs

Light Assaults should have some light assault only areas where they can go up to a platform and fight each other for control of a point which has base benefits to either attacking or defending (something like a +5% or +10% for MAX auto repairs/ Vehicle Auto repairs)
    • Up x 1
  4. M2_Bradley

That is called "the roof level of a biolab" my friend.
  5. DatVanuMan

ES portable mortars and ES infantry terminals. :p
    LA should have a zip line that replaces his jetpack.
    VS Heavy should get a LMG with good damage (155), high velocity (655), low reload for a low magazine, but is special because it gets more accurate as you fire it and has a good model.
    NC Heavy should get a large railgun that has a jackload of a slow fire rate, but deals tons of damage and deals even more damage the longer the bullet travels. It has insane velocity (800), insane damage (275, max is 375 at longest range), and reload is damned long (7 seconds for 30 rounds). Give it a modernized futuristic railgun model.
    TR Heavy should get a large Bullpup that fires VERY rapidly (896), deals no so good damage (125), has a huge magazine (150), but has a long reload time (5 seconds), and velocity is the worst of the three guns (475), but you can switch the ammo in your ammo pool into the magazine, so you have this one, enormous gun that shoots hundreds of bullets, and switching the mode increases RoF.
    Heavy shield stays the same:)
    Good ideas, eh?
  6. DeusExForever

That would be evil. ;)

Since a PS2 Engineer is a Battlefield Engineer and Support, go at it. :D

[IMG]
  7. RolandTEC

I think some kind of deployable force field wall for engi would be good. Similar to the AI turret just shorter, for crouching behind, and wider. They need more ways of securing footholds other then maxes, turrets and/or vehicles.

LA needs lots of work, a tool for starters. I don't have any good ideas for a tool yet. Drifter jets need to be much faster in the air and ground, since they are useless in most areas, handy in a select few places, mainly towers. Sliding on the ground is also worthless since hip accuracy is terrible and you can no longer ADS and isn't fast enough. Adrenaline pump should be a gradual speed increase up to 30% and increase drifter speed.

New jetpack/boots that add the ability to ski down hills, much like tribes. This would only be for skiing down a hill, not down and back up 5 km into the sky.

An overcharge for jetpack would be good, move 50% faster for 50% increase fuel consumption and noise or no increase fuel cost and make it a suit slot ability.

LA should be the undisputed king of mobility in every way except speed, obviously vehicles would be faster. Since LA don't get any thing else unique about them.
  8. AdmiralArcher

i kinda like the VS LMG idea, and the NC gun i think everyone would love

but the TR gun is like.....every gun in our arsenal.........and its too similar to the MCG

i was thinking something more like......a hand held coyote? we have talked before about making the striker a coyote....maybe it could be a new TR heavy weapon?

idk....there isnt much you can give to the TR other than the MCG......VS and NC have lots of options (beam laser, railgun, railgun pistols stuff like that)

for the LA, id LOVE real jump jets, right now we have jetpacks....i want jump jets

and for the akimbo pistols for the LA

here is what tombraider had.......and i want it

go to 1:30 and watch the epic fast reload

9. DatVanuMan

All I can say is: Dem tats, bro:p
  10. AdmiralArcher

i have a GF...so.....

DAT RELOAD
  11. DatVanuMan

The reload looked fake. Where were those magazines? Did they magically form from the sides of her behind or something? XD
  12. Maelthra

What do you mean where were they? They were there the entire time. She had four extra magazines, two on each hip. You can first see them at about 0:37.
    • Up x 1
  13. AdmiralArcher

i was doing some thinking about more things that the LA could do........maybe give the LA access to frag rounds on shotguns? (yes i know its straight from BF3 but it might be interesting)

they wouldnt be powerful.....but they would have AOE

my main concern with them is that people would complain that they are intruding on the lasher's turf.......so it might not be the best idea.....

some other things could be a new shotgun with an adjustable firing mode so it can fire slugs or pellets? it would only be for the LA and it would be less powerful than any other shotgun

im breaking my own rule here about keeping it on topic, but it is constructive.......i know...shame on me....im sorry :(

i have a fun idea for medics or infiltrators

have a dart launcher that causes the target to get like.....a concussion grenade effect, only its less strong, but lasts a bit longer

and it has to hit a non-armored part of the body to work, so it wont work on MAX units
    it could be like....a sedative....but it doesnt work that well because of nanites

id also like to see knife assasination animations.....its just something from other games that i find fun and entertaining

for Engineers, maybe a decontructor tool? not really something that can deconstruct enemy vehicles, but more like your own vehicles so you can get the nanite points back? id like it because sometimes i pull the wrong vehicle

it would take the same amount of time to deconstruct as it would to repair it, so it wouldnt be anything instantaneous
  14. FateJH

As to ACE tools, we have to accept that we're not going to be getting automated turrets in this game. But, of the things that are not yet expied in the game, that includes Sensor Disrupters and Disruptor Mines. The latter mechanic does not yet exist in the game, and the former sounds like another Infiltrator tool.

As to the FDU tools, we could stand to have our ESAI MANA turrets diversified like faction-specific one-man field turrets and SOE can sell this model as an NS turret (or the other way around, selling the ES models). Taking from ther ACE tool, we could also use a low yield AA MANA turret. We would have to diversify the rest of the FDU utilities in some other way. Combine TRAPs and the Aergis Shield Generator defense upgrade into some kind of common short-term barricading utilities. Engineers already drop ammo packs so the ammo upgrade to the Aegis already is implemented in a more liberal form.

The actual visual cloaking properties are not yet implemented in game, as cloaking is tightly constrained and detection is not as complicated as in PS1.
  15. Elrobochanco

Higby actually mentioned both things I want most for engineers in the last higby pls. That is spitfire turrets and some kind of deployable cover/shield that would stop explosive spam. I would settle for a manned shield "turret" that acted like the paladin in UT2K4.

Beyond that my only other engineer wants are some kind of utility grenade (say some kind of repair sticky that gives slow repair to a single vehicle/max for a bit), and some kind of faction unique item/weapon (lasher/lancer style, it doesn't need to be crazy good, just crazy and team supporting).

Some out there (but easy to make) ideas would be different AI mines that have effects like conc or flashbang. Couldn't be much more annoying than random death right.

As for LA, they need team utility. Maybe the ability for a LA himself to act as a short range grav lift for friendlies (no MAXs).
  16. AdmiralArcher

a repair sticky would be fun, but it would stack insanely...imagine 20 engineers throwing those onto tanks or MAX units all the time
  17. FactionTraitsFTW

Deployable everything for engies: jump pads, terminals, cover, some system to shoot down rockets, tank sheels etc. and sensor jammers are just some ideas.
    ES MANA AI turrents, AA MANA turrents, ES AT mines, EOD device (replaces repair tool), heavy ammo pack (resupplies vehicles, but not infantry), heavy repair tool (for hard-core tank drivers, replaces primary, but is A LOT more powerful)

New HA weapons:

Flamethrower for TR

Beam laser for VS

and something a bit more complicated for NC: the NC-12 Shrapper: it fires canister shells that detonate on impact, basically a shotgun launcher. Upon impact it fires lets say 50 or so low damage pellets in all directions. It would hold 4 shells and will be amazing at weakening entrenched enemies.
  18. FateJH

*cough*originalLasher*cough*
  19. Nitrobudyn

Ability recharger? Some electromagnetic pulse that fills up ally ability energy, like HA shields, infi cloak and so on. Or the opposite - something that makes enemy ability energy pool shrink faster.

Perhaps a deployable that reduces implant battery usage. It works for X people, so a 25-48 with 1 LA would get less reduction than 1-12 with 1 LA.

+1 for that. Especially useful when You want to deconstruct friendly landmines dropped by an accident under You sundy :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Rovertoo

Not that I'm outright against it, I think the LA shouldn't really get a 'team oriented' ability or tool, since it's not a support class in any way. The LA is supposed to be the HA's counterpart, meaning all about killing stuff. So any new tool or ability should be battle oriented, making them more effective at combat.

A couple ideas I'll spitball, and by no means are all of these good.

Maybe dedicated grenade launcher tool? Just like the HA's rocket launcher, the LA's get a small, single shot, grenade launcher, and I'm sure devs could balance it well with blast radius/damage/reload times/drop etc.

I'd like to see Akimbo pistols, and I'm sure the devs could balance them. Dual Magscats (or any other pistol) would be amazing, but balanced possibly by a long reload time and/or an inability to use a primary weapon.

Another combat-oriented idea is a bit of AA capability to complement whenever the engineer gets his much deserved AA turret, maybe a handheld SAM like a weaker HA's lockrocket, or possibly a handheld Walker or other Flak cannon?

Maybe a bizarre little camera tool, that would have a set amount of 'flashes'. It would be an X-Ray device that could have 3 'charges' that, when used, provide a very brief 'flash' of enemy positions through walls, like a freeze frame.

Or, a pair of binoculars or a laser pointer that allows spotting and rendering at longer distances to aid the team directly? Could give special bonuses or allow for lock on to be acquired faster.

Something I would think would be cool is an ability to put a region spawn beacon, something that can be used by more than just the squad. It could be very limited, maybe only allowing 5-10 spawns before burning out and requiring the LA to restock?