Higby: Future Vulcan changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ranik, May 26, 2013.

1. Ranik

Source

"With the upcoming Vulcan changes. Do you mean a mechanic like the proposed MCG changes? IE: Slow initial RoF building into high RoF?"

Higby: " yes, with a tighter cof, higher max fire rate and increased ammo capacity. That's what we are discussing as a starting point."

Vulcan users rejoice. The Vulcan looks like it's slated sooner or later to be changed into something that feels more like a minigun. It also sounds like it will get a bit more range potential than it's current shotgun nature. And this is apparently waiting on the change in MCG functionality that was proposed a while ago. So in theory we can see the MCG and the Vulcan both change in nature once the "RoF change while winding up" mechanic is put into game. So sometime in the future we may see the Vulcan get it's nature changed from a high damage short range burst fire weapon into what sounds like a lower damage longer range AV bullet hose.
    • Up x 7
  2. Shinrah

As long as Magriders AP gets the same Shell Velocity as Vanguards and Prowlers, I´m fine with such a change.
  3. LoneMaverick

About time the Vulcan might be put back in the realm of usable again.
    • Up x 5
  4. LonelyTerran

As long as the Saron and Enforcer are brought in line.

Yay for much needed vulcan buffs.
  5. Pikachu

Vanu has charge up. Terrans have spin up. :)
  6. Ranik

With the change to the Metagame regarding C4/AT mines/ AV turrets etc etc. The short range nature of the Vulcan has been a fatal drawback for a while now. It's been clearly eclipsed by the Halberd since to actually use the Vulcan, you have to get close to enemy tanks and forfeit all long range ability.

NC have shotguns. :)

But as far as the TR having spin-up. It's better than what we currently have with the MCG taking half a second to fire at all and the Vulcan being what is basically an anti tank shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  7. GhostAvatar

In reality, it will hit its high RoF one bullet before the mag is empty and hits its max bloom after the first bullet.
    • Up x 1
  8. Loegi

It better have a lot more ammo then, you'd run out if you'd barely hit max ROF with the current amount I think. Also hope they both get higher ROF, bit lame that a chaingun is outclassed by carbines, SMGs, and pistols.

But yeah, real minigun characteristics. Sounds pretty great.
  9. LightningWolfTigrBer

Sounds cool, wonder if there will be a new ammo belt animation to go along with it.

This is a Vulcan thread, bro. Can't we just be happy for our TR buddies and not whine about our own crap?
    • Up x 5
  10. Ranik

ES-HA = Jackhammer shotgun. ES-AI Secondary = Shotgun.

I'm refering to the trend of one side getting more of a type of weapon for their HA / Secondaries.

In theory it might act like an M20+. Basically a version of the Basilisk that is more about acting like a rapid fire AV bullet hose.
  11. Blarg20011

Yay! Hopefully all the AV secondaries will get a balance/mechanics pass.
  12. Ranik

Well the Enforcer / Saron have just gotten theirs. So the Vulcan is basically the only one left really.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mindjacker

If we get ability to strafe sideways then yes great i have no problem with that
  14. Blarg20011

Except they kinda need another one... especially the Saron.
    • Up x 1
  15. BarxBaron

^
    This is an oversight that should of been put in eons ago. Dunno why SoE hasn't fixed it but its stupid.
    I HIGHLY doubt mags will become the OP doom riders they used to be from having the same AP shell speed of the other tanks.

But then again, HE shells need a balance pass as well - don't care what people say they were hit too hard IMO. But that's a thread for a different time.

Also to the Original point of the thread:

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Just what I wanted! Even Komissar Kap Bison agrees!
    • Up x 1
  16. Ranik

Well that's more of a matter of them probably overbuffing the Saron atm. :)
  17. GhostAvatar

WTF, seriously, do you not know the rules of forumside? I never thought I would see the day, do my eyes decieve me?

All things that ran through my head reading this post.
  18. LightningWolfTigrBer

Yah, I know what you mean man. Trying to be a bit more positive myself, hoping it catches on.
  19. Blarg20011

Yep, but if I was VS or NC I would still be kind of annoyed that they took away the really long range aspects of these weapons. Personally I think that while they should keep the larger magazines, the # rounds they hold should be nerfed while damage and projectile velocity should be buffed. I understand differentiating them from the Halberd, but they were always supposed to be THE long range weapons, which they aren't anymore.
  20. EliteEskimo

Good Thread Ranik, you've been great with keeping us updated on Higby lately. I'm hoping Higby takes my advice from part 1 of the TR Refurbishment thread, and will take tips from part 2 which is about to be complete. :D