Hide/reset stats?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chubzdoomer, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Chubzdoomer

(Apologies if this is in the wrong section.)

Is there any way what-so-ever to either disable stat tracking or hide stats from sites such as Planetside Universe? I'm trying to play without stats in mind in order to both make me a more effective team player and also make my experience with the game more enjoyable overall. I've already had more fun playing BF4 thanks to its Stat Reset feature. I usually reset my stats after every session in BF4 and I wish there was a similar feature in PlanetSide 2. (If a similar feature does exist, I don't know where to find it!)
  2. EmmettLBrown

BF4 has stat reset? What's the point of that if you don't care about stats to begin with?
  3. Chubzdoomer

If stats are tracked and permanently tied to my name as well as publicly available, it's always in the back of my mind as I play.

"I'm not doing very well in this match. I'm being too aggressive. I think if I played really passively, I could die less and improve my KDR."

Thoughts like that come up all the time for me (and many others as well according to the many KDR/stats threads that have popped up over the past year or two). It greatly diminishes the fun in these games. Mandatory stat tracking is one of the worst things ever to happen to online shooters IMO. With a Stat Reset feature (in BF4), you never have to worry about your stats reflecting poorly on you because you can just reset them whenever you'd like.
    • Up x 1
  4. Chipay

Why do you care what other people think about you? It's not like you're some kind of political leader representing a bunch of people...

stats are stats and if you don't care about your stats then why do you care about other people caring about your stats?
    You care about your team, your team doesn't care about your K/D, they care about your teamplay, you've got teamplay, don't care about K/D
  5. LT_Latency

The should have reset stats, there are sitting on a gold mine
  6. Chubzdoomer

It's just a mental block I've never been able to overcome, I suppose because I've always been self conscious even in RL. I know for a fact it affects a lot of other people, too. I wish there was a way to just opt out of the stat tracking all together.
  7. EmmettLBrown

Well I'd agree with you except that this game has no matches. The fight only ends when you log off. It's kind of hard to even put emphasis on a KDR when stat padding (like spawn room fighting) or cheesing with a AV turret on a mountain is easily exploitable. I've looked at my stats once in a while, but I can't really place where they even relate to how well I was fighting with a platoon in most cases. I guess the best option for most people is to at least make the stats an option in game. It would be nice to free up some screen space when I hit tab just to check my resource count or alert status.
  8. Modern Ancestor

My advice free yourself from patching your ego with KDR. Have fun instead, being Daddy gives you no different treatment and when this game is history so are the stats.
  9. Chubzdoomer

Well said.. I guess it's just going to be a difficult process to try and free myself from that mentality.
  10. LuNaTIcFrEAk

Chance are no one will ever look up your stats. Just forget they exist and move on.
  11. Meeka

I do wish I could turn off my stats, people think my KDR is a reflection of how well I play the game and judge me based solely on a number.

But, I can hold my own against all but the very best of the best; there's maybe a dozen or so players on Mattherson in DA and AC I have trouble killing outright.

My KDR is a reflection of how carelessly I prefer to play... I aim for vehicles, I take major risks (like running out of spawn rooms which are being blasted with HE by zergs), I waltz into enemy lines to take out as many medics and engineers to weaken enemy lines, I simply don't care about death and go after high risk targets. I can die 12 times to take out the one thing I want to destroy, and that's my accomplishment.

My stats are irrelevant, what I don't like about them is how people assume I play based on them. Sure, I get killed a lot, but that's because I'm often the one guy running through a maze of 30 enemies shooting at me, but in the end, I get the job done I want to do.
    • Up x 1