Hidden condition for monthly SC with membership

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FireKetchup, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireKetchup

Since it was closed yet again. Seriously mods, make a sticky with this information if you're honestly closing the threads because people are arguing.

Everyone should be aware that you only get your 500 monthly SC if you keep auto-renew enabled, even though it is advertised as a membership benefit. It is not listed anywhere that this is a bonus for having auto-renew enabled, so try to keep this bumped so people can see it.

Original thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ear-terminated-auto-renewal-no-sc-cash.51857/
    • Up x 1
  2. Tiny

Again? Confused why they wont just change it, seeing how false advertising is actually illegal in some countries.
  3. Painwalker

Isn't this labeled on the site? I think they must have missed a couple of spots but this shouldn't be a surprise. This issue has been covered multiple times.

I don't think it was intentional. It's easy to miss details once in a while. They'll fix it, and obviously they know about it now.
  4. Baby

Why do you keep posting the same thing over and over when it's been explained a million times? At this point you should no longer be confused or surprised as you've been made aware how it works and refunds will be offered to those who "didn't know".
  5. Freyar

They already know and are likely working on a change.
  6. FireKetchup

They've known about it since November 24. Either its an intentional trap or they just don't care.

I imagine most of the current forum goers have seen the other threads, but you never know when a new player might come on thinking of subscribing.
  7. Goden

They're closing the threads because you're bringing their greed into the spotlight.

Been awhile since I've played a f2p game as greedy as this.
  8. Freyar

You are the 99% aren't you?
    Bleh. Vanu forbid mistakes happen. How dare they curtail spam while they deal with the issue. It isn't like they aren't offering to remedy the problem for anyone that has an issue with how it's presented.
    • Up x 1
  9. Goden

They are not informing potential customers about this hidden policy and are locking threads belong to those who are trying to warn others.

Please tell me how that is a "mistake".
  10. Freyar

It's a mistake because on EVERY other page that involves a form of subscription (and in fact in a number of pages still leading up into Planetside 2 membership offers) they state that in order to get 500sc, you must stay on auto-renew. Basically in this case it's people that are NOT reading through the entire page when going through the process or selectively blocking information. The image below is there every time you are taken to the page to select if you want to subscribe for a month, three months, six months, or twelve months.

[IMG]
  11. ReaperOne1Two2

The fact they won't just fix it and keep closing threads while not doing anything shows they either work at a snails pace or are intentionally trying to be misleading.
  12. Freyar

Dear Vanu, you are a paranoid one.

The fact that this policy exists for every other SOE-hosted game that uses Station Cash means that it isn't a new policy, and it isn't an attempt to be deceiving. Even still, I've looked at a few different aveneues for becoming a member and they all show the "500sc with an auto-renew plan" as shown above.
  13. SOE-MOD-05

This thread is being closed for being a repost of a previously closed topic and for Discussion of Moderation. As a reminder, please refer to the Forum Guidelines when making posts/threads:

8) Abide by moderator and SOE employee actions and direction - self-explanatory.
    • If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter in forum posts. Contact forum-admin@soe.sony.com (include your forum handle and game name, but NOT your password) and clearly state your concerns.
    IMPORTANT: Forum content is moderated at SOE's sole discretion, and content may be modified, removed, or otherwise restricted by SOE employees and/or volunteers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.