[Vehicle] Hey TR. What if the Prowler looked more like this?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BluescalesNZ, Dec 4, 2014.

1. BluescalesNZ

So, we all know what the Prowler looks like: [IMG]

Now, personally, I'm not a huge fan of it. To me, the design is boring and uninspired. A box with treads and a dome turret slapped on the top. It doesn't look like a fast tank, there's no feeling of power or swiftness to it, and I feel the TR deserve something cooler looking.

So what if the Prowler was redesigned to look more like this?

[IMG]
    Galley here:
    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Hor...gion_Vehicles/LEGION_SICARAN_BATTLE_TANK.html

I know, I know, it's a pre-existing design and there are potentially some copyright issues with it with GW/FW or what have you, but I think the basic shape (minus the side sponsons) really suits the idea of the Prowler as a fast tank and the TR's design philosophy of 'weapons and vehicles are top of the line and new but conventional.' It's still a tracked vehicle but has a sleek and dynamic design to it. Personally, I'd love to see Prowlers that look something like this slewing around the battlefields of Auraxis and blasting away with those twin cannons, and do the idea of the vehicle justice.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Alarox

Exposed treads are a really bad idea.
    • Up x 4
  3. BluescalesNZ

That wouldn't be hard to fix. Also, the game doesn't give a crap about track hits anyhow.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dr. Curiosity

Well, that completely missed the point. Looking at the configuration rather than the lack of treat guards, I think it suits the nominal TR design philosophy better than a two-barrel box.

The high turret profile is both an advantage and a disadvantage: better sight lines over terrain, but poorer with close targets and easier to spot at a distance. The end result, a better tank for on the move, or for locking down behind cover in support of an infantry / light vehicle push. That mobility <-> ROF design tension makes their special ability a little more tactically interesting than "only deploy if I'm going to be here a while and they haven't brought significant AT assets to bear yet".
    • Up x 3
  5. Pelojian

I'd rather keep the current design over SOE coming up with something far, far worse.

designs don't appeal to everyone or in the same way.
  6. Rovertoo

I feel like any change should focus a bit more around the asymmetry of the gun. Think something like the original TRON tanks.
  7. SerasVic

Looks like a landraider transformed in predator :eek:

Can't beat my Leman Russ

[IMG]

FOR THE EMPEROR !!!!!!!!!!!
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

how do you go Anchored mode with this?!
  9. gary the sewer hobo

As long as the Vanu get some Dark Eldar stuff:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. z1967

Or just center the guns? Or just put them both off center?
    • Up x 2
  11. K2k4

i'm no vanu fan but those would look cool as hell in game.
  12. patrykK1028

Ugly as hell
    • Up x 1
  13. BobSanders123

• Up x 6
  14. Ransurian

That has to be the silliest-looking nonsense I've ever seen. The current Prowler doesn't look bad with cert plating that elongates the tank, and the off-centered turret isn't that big of a deal. If anything, the alpha concept art from way back when would've been ideal, but what we have now is adequate.

Of course, if our tank looked something like this, I wouldn't object. [IMG]
  15. InoxGecko

No thank you, that is an abomination. They should make it look similar to the T-90 since the Vanguard looks like the M1 Abrams.
    • Up x 2
  16. Whatupwidat

Prefer SOE's model. The Warhammer tanks - especially the Space Marine ones, have always looked really cartoonish to me.
  17. Jake the Dog

• Up x 1
  18. MaxDamage

Prowler looks fine as it is.
  19. Ransurian

The stock Prowler doesn't look so hot, but that's what aesthetic slot attachments are for, I suppose.
  20. Canaris

lol we've been asking for a proper TR tank from the day PRE-ALPHA they showed us a picture of that horrible parade float they wanted to give us, it's been almost 3 years now. I've given up hope.