Hey, can I get some help?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by justme, Jan 24, 2013.

1. justme

I am saving up for a new weapon for my TR medic. I have 135 certs....Sense, I do not play more than a couple hours a day. This takes a while, and occasionally I have to cert into something else to help my team progress. Recently instead of saving up, I bought the AMS and ammo supply for the sundy. That was 2 days ago. I was at 70 after buying them.
    So, instead of waisting my time with buying a weapon I do not want. Anyone have suggestions?
    I been testing out the guns once a day during my play time also.
  2. HLM

Depends what class you play really.

Nano-weave armour is a must for any class, but if you're playing medic or engie, it would be a good idea to put some poitns into your medi/repair tool.
  3. Morpholine

I like the default weapons, and the medic ones are arguably the strongest out of the box.

If you spend certs, your cert gain will increase. Most cert branches have 90% of their effect rolled up in the first, cheap tier. Grab the low hanging fruit, and you'll have a better time playing the game.
  4. Springheel Jack

Nano armor is ****.

Get Flak.

Nano maxed you might get, like, 1 more bullet before you die.

Flak saves you from all the annoying ****, grenades, Liberators, Rocket Pods, tanks, etc.

Heavies with Resist Shield are the only ones who should be Nanoweaving, and even then Flak is probably a better choice.
  5. justme

I was talking about a medic TR weapon. I have nano(it really does nothing) My heal gun has certs into it. I revive and heal a lot faster than no certs which is nice. Flak armor I am going to work on after I buy a new gun. I feel like I can't hit anything from a distance. Every 5th shot I seem to hit something once.
  6. bPostal

I like the TRV that came with Alpha Squad but I've heard the TAR has a better cone of fire. Either way one of those should be a good all around weapon. Your best bet for midrange engagements is probably the SABR.
    Although the default Cycler is a very solid weapon in it's own right.
  7. Izriul

Well, best thing you can do is cert into acquisition timer for the prowler.

Take yesterday for instance, I made 113 certs in 43 minutes. I do have a 50% boost though. It's easy to do if you have access to a tank. Actually in this case it was 131 kills and 2 deaths so the timer wasn't really needed, however, you can do two routes, cert out your tank, make it an absolute beast and hope you don't die, or reduce the timer so you don't have to be as careful (and thus, more fun) and grind away. The prowler is a fine tank for infantry farming.

Once you've certed out your tank, you can let the certs roll in. I hit 2000 today, but ended up spending a few hundred on my ESF, which, I actually fly very little and wish I didn't bother. I'm going to save up as many as I can for the next toy they introduce, since I pretty much have everything else I need.

It starts off slow, but the more certs you get, the faster you will get them. Even if you only play a couple hours a day, I strongly suggest buying a 50% boost.

The only thing is, if you do as I said above, you would do best fixing up an engineer. However, I have earned an insane amount of certs (albeit, at the cost of your K/D) with medic and the final tier applicator and just running around hotzones ressing people. Again, boring, but that's what a grind is.

For some reason, I actually have more fun NOT spending my certs, and for someone who loves to shop in games, I find it strange, but it might just be because I don't feel rushed, or cheated out of wasting them and can go at my own pace. So at the end of the day, as long as you're having fun, don't worry about getting things.

Also, don't buy stuff because your outfit tells you to, ultimately, that will sap the fun out faster for YOU.

Lastly, while trialing guns is good, I've read so many who's trialed something, then forgotten what it's actually like. Just do your research and if you are hard up, wait until x3 station cash and go nuts.

Edit- people bang on about how great VS guns are, which personally, I think the best gun available to us is by far the NS11-a, which just so happens to be a medic gun, and available to you. So, that's a gun I feel was the best buy I've done, but I do not think you should ever buy a gun with certs but instead SC...if you can get around it.
  8. Maltodextrin

The default Cycler is pretty beast, one of my favorites, actually.

My suggestions: Pick up a scope, I keep a 3.4x for distance and an IRNV for close in work.
    Don't be afraid to engage at range, just use short bursts, cycler works great on a "**** your couch" (hold down the trigger just long enough to say "**** your couch" It works, and it's hilarious for anyone watching you play)

For new weapons, I just recommend the cycler-S, for its under-barrel attachments. Plus it's only 500 certs.
  9. justme

I am a pure f2p player. So, saving up is a ***** sense I only play for 2 hours a day if I have the time available. =/
    I want to get the TAR I tested it, and it is legit. If I get extra money. I am going to spend put enough station cash in just to buy it