Heroic Boost Does Not Give 50% Boost to Resource Gain.The

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Roxputin, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Roxputin

Just a heads up for any person planning on buying this boost.
    • Up x 7
  2. MasterCheef

this post is a public service. finally!
    • Up x 1
  3. St0mpy

you beat me to it, im not impressed by this, its simply bait and switch, sorry guys but stick it SOE

I was expecting to use 8000SC this weekend buying two heroics to replace my Alpha Squad boost when it runs out but Im absolutely not interested in petty switcheroo games, thats not Heroic in any meaning of the word.

That also means I wont be needing to top up my SC even if it was x2 x3 next weekend.

and its not just about nasty marketing switch tricks, mounting any boost blocks any other boost so I couldnt even buy resource boost on top if I wanted to.

Very annoyed at SOE/higby today, thats bad business practice and I thought SOE wasnt about that. Rename it to something else or be honest and sell the same product under the same name.
    • Up x 10
  4. Kenny007

Alright, so what DOES this boost do if not grant the 50% resource boost? Seems to be a lot of disappointment in this thread but no actual answers as to what these boosts are doing.
  5. Tamonize

they always do that bait and switch thing. Put an item on sale --> nerf it in the next update. And they give like crappy bundles.
  6. St0mpy

The Alpha Squad boost, and the last Heroic boost they sold gave +50% XP and 50% more resources each tick, so if you had a quarter of the map and was expecting 40 resource next tick, youd get 60 instead.

Now, without changing the name and without alerting us to any change they tease and announce Heroic boosts going back on sale but its not the Heroic boost they sold before, its just 50% XP only which imo is borderline fraudulent misrepresentation, simply, bait and switch.

It just takes one small issue like this where previously loyal customers such as myself now feel embarrassed for sticking up for SOE. My goodwill is evaporating.
    • Up x 2
  7. Sharpe

Wait... hold on.... the first Heroic boost that was sold was giving 50% more resources??

And now they put the same thing on the market without the resource boost? I... errr what?!

Was thinking about buying it, but I'm not going to if it's just 50% XP.
  8. angeh

lame lame lame, the heroic boost i got last time was a 50% and a resource boost , given that tanks etc now cost most resources surely it would make sense to include it in this one ?. 5000 sc for a boost thats only half as good as the last one that also sold at 5000sc, come on SOE sort it out!!!!
  9. CrimsonDaemon

But guys, you won't care about resources if they are boosted and you don't need to worry about them!
  10. Kenny007

I see. I'm still riding out my Alpha Squad boost so I haven't paid much attention to their more recent booster sales. That said, this sounds a bit misleading, but the descriptions were pretty explicit as to what you would be purchasing with these recent additions. If the previous, 'super' boost was named the same though, the names of these new ones should probably change; allow 'Heroic' to encompass both and maybe just throw 'Super', 'Mega' or some other qualifier on these new ones.

Just reading over these new entries though, it was made pretty clear it was one or the other, so I'm not too convinced of any malicious wrongdoings.
  11. OmegaPREDATOR

The problem is more they sell at the same price something who do less thing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Cl1mh4224rd

This has happened maybe a few times, certainly not "always" given the number of items that have been on sale. It's amazing how easily some people delude themselves about this.
  13. Dr.Destro229

I just got for the exp boost for the double exp weekend coming next week
  14. Ryekir

Anyone know if this only applies to the new ones on sale? Or did they retroactively change the ones that were sold before too? I bought a couple of them last time for when my Alpha Squad boost runs out, but I can't get into the game right now to check them.
  15. TeknoBug

There's been a handful of bait & switch when items were on sale, it got serious when the Fury went on sale about a month ago and the changes were on PTS and Higby discussed it on Twitter and Reddit and they held off the Fury changes. It's known by now that SOE releases something that will clearly attract the mass then gets changed or nerfed so that the mass will move onto the next thing.
  16. Phrygen

i'm not complaining...

but 45 dollars is too much for my blood without the resources.

maybe they are doing this because they plan to change resources
    • Up x 1
  17. rexbinary

Why were they nerfed? Why do they still have the same name if they are not the same product? Why do they cost the same???
  18. RemusVentanus

anyone know if the resource bonus still applies to the old boosts? the symbol got update to only show the exp + so much i noticed, yet the description says it has the exp and the resource bonus... if they patched the old bonuses up so they dont have the resource bonus anymore i want my sc back SOE...
  19. Phyr

[IMG]
  20. Cl1mh4224rd

Bait-and-switch has a very specific definition, and what you describe is not it.