[Help] Planetside 2 with CPU/GPU

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by omer584, Nov 15, 2015.

1. omer584

Hello,

I will be straight forward; I want to play PS2 with GPU but my PC keeps start it with CPU.

But somehow I managed to start game with GPU for only once for like 5 min with so less freezing but then suddenly it changed to CPU and game became hell again. (I was using /fps command) And I could not restart with GPU anymore.

I also made so much research on net and PS2 forum but I could not find specific answer for that.

So I am here to listen you.

Thank you.

PC:
    Nvidia GT540M 2 GB
    Inlet i5 2430M
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    Win 7
    Game is NOT from Steam
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Um...all games use both CPU and GPU.

One thing you could try is:

• download process explorer
    • Open planetside 2 and process explorer
    • go back ingame and do something until game starts freezing again
    • doubleclick on planetside2_x64 in process explorer
    • Sort threads by CPU usage and kill the top one which should be using more than 20-25% cpu, don't touch any other ones or the game will crash
  3. Benton582

Go to device manager, and enable it from there, it seems to be where you enable it if the system did not recognize it. If that does not work, try taking the graphics card CAREFULLY out, then putting it back in. Or your system thinks that your discrete graphics card is worse than your onboard CPU, which should be unlikely.
  4. Lord_Mogul

I think he is referring to his iGPU

I would recommend to do some setup stuff in your control panel.But since I don't use a laptop I cannot help further than that So you pprobably should wait for somebody using a laptop to help you further.