Help me with Scout Rifles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by omfgweeee, Apr 12, 2015.

1. omfgweeee

I have master infiltrator directives 3 SMG and 2 Snipers auraxed but i have never played Scout Rifle (beside stalker but its full auto is SMG like XD)

Any sugestions, which ones are good and bad and playstyle ? (i`m NC)
  2. AnuErebus

Scout rifles are all pretty mediocre. Not great, but they aren't downright terrible. They all work decently well at mid range, the semi-autos potentially being able to pick off targets at longer ranges as well.

Stalker - Think of it as a long range carbine with worse hipfire, velocity and a smaller magazine. It's not the most accurate, nor is it going to win head to head fire fights, but if you position yourself well you can still nag kills with it. Being an automatic it's also going to work the best in closer quarters since you can potentially spray and pray in a pinch.

Shadow - Shadow is the best semi-auto sniper in the game and the more ranged focused of the two semi-auto scouts. Why? Velocity. Plain and simple. It's the only scout rifle approaching a decent velocity for ranged combat which makes hitting targets at longer ranges noticeably easier than the other two. It's a 2 shot headshot at any range, so use that when you get the chance. Keep your enemies at a distance, use your cloak effectively and it can do alright.

Vandal - Vandal shares a lot of overlap with the Shadow, but where the shadow makes a better sniper the Vandal works a little better at closer ranges due to the .75x movespeed. It's still got the 2 shot headshot as well, so if there is a target sitting stationary at range you can likely land a quick double tap if needed. At closer ranges strafe, strafe, strafe, use that .75x as much as possible.

My general tactic with any of them is to find a location where the enemy is pushing. Plant a motion spotter and then try to stop anyone who comes into range. By the time they hit the outer edge of a maxed motion spotter they're within your effective range. If the opportunity arises push forward, but keep a motion spotter up as much as possible. If they're pushing too hard. Fall back. With the Vandal and Shadow especially you don't want to get stuck in close quarters so pay attention and fall back if you need to. With the cloak and the forewarning provided by motion spotters and darts you can easily control your engagement range, so don't let your enemies get too close.
    • Up x 1
  3. _itg

I think the important thing to realize is that the optimal range for the semi-auto scout rifles is a lot lower that you might think. You really want to be close enough that you can strafe while shooting and not just miss due to the CoF. Otherwise, you might as well use a semi-auto sniper. I haven't measured it, but I'd guess about 50m out is where you want to be.
    • Up x 1
  4. Iridar51

I like the Vandal, I consider it to be the best semi-auto rifle in the game. After slug shotguns it's a breeze to use :)

ES scout rifles seem underwhelming next to its 75% ADS, which makes surviving in close quarters much easier. Though VS scouts do get a nice utility of no bullet drop.