HELP ME PLEASE :D.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by xDiversity, Dec 4, 2012.

1. xDiversity

Is there a way I can improve my FPS or make the game less laggy for myself,

my specs,

Windows XP (32bit)
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555
    RAM 3.25 GB i do have 4gigs, but it don't allow me to use it all since i'm on 32bit is there a way i can fix that?
    GeForce GTS 250, 1gb.

any suggestions would be great, also I can play the game it just seems abit jumpy at times, and would like to know if there's a way I could lower the graphics even more somehow, to improve the gameplay.

-thanks,

diversity.
  2. Genetic

check the recommended system spec's , youre system is very thin on the ground mate
  3. Mansen

Best I can suggest is to set everything to low - then look for one of the many threads here in Technical offering tips on how to change the UserOptions.ini file to give you even more performance.
  4. xDiversity

where can i find these useroptions.ini file things at on the forums?
  5. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

The useroptions.ini, by default, is located in the C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\ directory.
  6. xDiversity

alright thanks what things should i change in the file though, to make it less jumpy in game like shadows or what?
  7. h1perkarma

Everything on low, get razers gamebooster and run it through steam with planetside added into steam, should boost your fps by atleast 20-30. Plus use these settings;

(Only helping because of that smiley face, it caught my attention)
  8. Mansen

There's a reason why I asked you to find a thread specifically regarding tweaks. *sigh* :rolleyes:

Fine - I'll copy paste my usual response.

Open up your launcher, press the wrench icon in the left? side of the interface. Pick the "Open Game Directory" option. Find the UserOptions.ini file and open it in Notepad.

And then go find a thread that tells you what settings to change and to what - The RenderingDistance one at the top is an obvious choice - change it to 1000 (Not a negative number like it is by default - just plain old one thousand, no commas or punctuation marks)
  9. xDiversity

alright thanks guys for helping me out i appriecate it :D.
  10. thesiminerd

i don't have a visible .ini file anywhere, is my OS stuffed?
  11. Mansen

Do you have a UserOptions file - yes or no? It is common practice that Windows Vista (onward) hides extensions of any file format it recognizes (entirely counter productive)
  12. thesiminerd

no, not in the PlanetSide 2 file where people say it is. i have widows 7 64 bit, if it makes a difference.
  13. Mansen

Welp - can't help you then.

[IMG]
  14. thesiminerd

well if there's nothing you can think of then theres nothing i can do, thanks for the help any way.