Help me. I've fallen out of love with the ACX-11.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Angry Scientist

I'm a dedicated engineer. The ACX-11 was a love at first sight, for me. I had some certs and they recently lowered the price of the weapons. I figured, why not and trialed it...and it was magic. Nailing people to the wall. And this was even before its buffs!

Our relationship was tumultuous at first. I had to learn her curves, and she needed to know just how to kick. But it was wonderful, pulling out a double headshot and downing a heavy...it didn't last forever. All too soon the auraxium reared up, glowing purple in my HUD. We had to take a break. I picked up other guns and we didn't speak for awhile. But she was always there for me, in a loadout slot. The door was open, and we'd be reunited eventually.

Auraxiums came and went. Guns picked up and put down, a whirlwind of fury, but my heart still belonged to her. And finally, the day came. The NS Carbine, my last challenge, sealed in purple. It was done, every normal gun. I had the Fortuna, but I knew it was time to come home. I flew to the loadout terminal, finding the place she'd always been. And I picked her up again.

But something was wrong. She seemed slow in my hands. I couldn't keep up. Enemies that should have been cut like wheat got the better of me. I thought it was just dulled reflexes. We needed to learn again. But it kept going...it seemed that it wasn't meant to be. Not anymore. I couldn't. Tearfully, I put her down again, fleeing to the embrace of her sister, the Razor.

I need help. Help me rekindle the fire. Help me find the love of my life again.
    • Up x 5
  2. NXR1

What?!?!?!?!
  3. Yeahy

That...that was beautiful.

But uh... could you give more info on how you used it at first. Attachments, playstyle etc.
    Then what weapons/playstyle you swtiched to.
    And then what you are using now.

What BR were you when you first picked up the ACX? That could also be a factor.
  4. 7 Drunk Midgets

Still a better love story than Twilight.
    • Up x 24
  5. NC_agent00kevin

Just give it time. You cant just jump back into a relationship like that after some time off. Work back into it, and rebuild it stronger than ever.
  6. Siilk

AC-X11 is just not that great, Razor is better at everything AC can do. It's better at long range as it has higher bullet speed and less drop(and anyway Engie has even better option for long range: battle rifle), better at mid range because of easier to control recoil and better stability, better at CQC as it has 6 more bullets per mag and higher RoF. There is just no point in using AC now. It was bad but sort of useful before Razor, not it's just bad.
    • Up x 4
  7. Jaedrik

Love is not an emotion. It is not something you find. It is, above all, not some simple hormone or deterministic psychological consequence of coincidence.

Love is a choice. A conscious, deliberate choice, we make each and every moment to give ourselves fully, unconditionally, without reserve, and with boundless confidence. No matter what, no matter the cost, no matter how much we are hurt. To love means that we seek the best for the object of our affection, no matter how much they may dislike or hate it. It is to be done with charity, with gentleness, always earnestly seeking great justice and good for the other.

That being said, one can't exactly 'love' an inanimate object in this way, since the absolute love that is charity has for its object agents of free will. hue
    So, really, the message is, don't love things, love agents of rational thought!
  8. Siilk

Well, all our thoughts and feelings(including choices we make and our reaction on others' actions) are in the end just complex electrochemical reactions in our brains aided by the nervous systems and further modified by hormonal influence. So chill out bro, you're not a manifestation of pure will. None of us are. ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. Fellgnome

Hitreg. AC-X11 relies heavily on precision and headshots(probably the ultimate roof/tree camper LA weapon), and the game is harsh on precision weapons at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bankrotas

Can't agree. Both of them follow different paths. While Razor is a good mid to long ranger, it's not better mid ranger than ACX. Also the playstyles are different. Razor can be hipfired reliably, while ACX relies on correct positioning.
    However, ACX does have better TTK than Razor and ambush potential due to heavy headshots. Razor can be used well, but not to extent ACX, due to it's lack of pure damage potential.
  11. Casterbridge

It's kind of funny I'm reading your post and agreeing with most of your points till the end, I think the Razor has the better potential due to being almost as good in mid range, better at long range, and even better at hip fire, and the extra ammo helps as well.

Don't get me wrong, still a big fan of the ACX and at that sweet spot there's nothing like it, I just think the razor is the better overall (more flexible) gun.
  12. Rovertoo

I used my ACX-11, loved it to death. Finally got the hang of it (moving down from a 4x sight to a 2x was MILES of difference!) and started to rack up the kills! And then, 20 kills away from Auraxium, I figure out the thing has access to Advanced Foregrip. I literally smacked myself in the face.
  13. Bankrotas

Well it's what who values. I think killing speed ACX brings far outweights it over Razor, not ver Merc mind you though. And Merc in LA's hands is not as good as GD-7F or Bandit, while Fortuna is perfect weapon for ANY LA.
  14. Siilk

The problem is, you are talking about "on-paper" TTKs. In practice, less control, lower RoF and smaller mag will result in significant TTK fluctuations, especially if you will have to reload/switch weapons midfight due to an empty mag. You *can* make ACX work, but in most cases Razor is a better option as it provides more versatility and reliability with less efforts. The cost is lower per-bullet damage which is not that important in CQC and while it(again, on paper) is rather important for long range, ACX's low bullet speed and high bullet drop start to become a significant nuisance at this ranges.

All in all, ACX is a good choice is you have stellar accuracy but I can't recommend it over Razor otherwise.
  15. Bankrotas

As I said, it's what who values. I can learn how to control ACX, but I can't learn how to deal damage faster with Razor (not in a way, that wouldn't be also aplicable to ACX anyways).
    If you need to reload/switch with ACX these days, you'll probably would need to do same with Razor, 210 DPM difference doesn't warrant that excuse. Nor 550 M/S is a slow velocity for a carbine, especially, when there is no SPA.
    Sure Razor and T5-AMC have 650 m/s velocity, but these are best of the best for that velocity and they pay in killing potential. And bullet drop doesn't matter in ranges where carbines should be used.

The only base I would take Razor, would be a Techplant, where you can keep your distance, anywhere else, Razor's controlability isn't much to behold, that a faster killer wouldn't do better. Heck, Merc is better than Razor then.
    • Up x 1
  16. Iridar51

17. Jaedrik

bruh

come at me

i sware on me mum ill rek u m8

We don't have to turn this into a philosophical discussion. But the very fact of metacognition, or even the proof of qualia via observation, and the 'hard problem of consciousness', all demonstrate that we are not merely mechanical. If we are so mechanical, then there is no rational causality, and all human thought is nothing. But it is plainly seen that, if there is no rational causality, one cannot come to the conclusion that there is no rational causality, for it is by causal analysis alone we may attempt to assert that it does not exist. Such is a plain contradiction.
  18. LodeTria

She's a fine lady for those who can aim, but her weird uncle hit registration has been lurking around any potential mate recently making her once powerful words just not appear sometimes, severally reducing her once attractive voice.
  19. dracoio

No friend you are taking this the wrong way.

The ACX-11 hasn't changed, it is you who had changed you've spent all this time with all these other weapons and the ACX-11 has done nothing but waited for you. She is still the same gun you fell in love with.

What you need to do is go back to where it all began, fall in love all over again, don't expect her to just take you back. Work at this relationship. Right now you are a stranger to her, you must comfort her, learn once more what made the magic happen. If everything you have said is true and that is how you truly feel this is a relationship worth working at. You'll find true happiness in the long run.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alan Kalane

Got myself lost somewhere in the beginning...
    But did you know Einstein believed in god? Well, not exactly in any religion but he did believe that a higher metaphysical being has created the universe. And he also believed that science doesn't exclude religion, that perhaps one day the humanity will empirically prove the existence of god.
    Now, unless you think you're wiser than Einstein you should probably asume that the god (or God or gods ) exists.