[Suggestion] HELP! Im trapped on the wrong server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Comptonunhh, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Comptonunhh

Nice to see someone fill in every now and then, thanks for making your voice heard, this feature is LONG overdue.

Devs: Open up server transfers!
  2. OgreMarkX

DBG will never do server transfers for PS2. Everquest, in which your characters are FAR more complex and item specific, has had transfers for ages.

Here is why DBG won't for PS2.

1. Too busy working on things players DON'T want (see: Spawn redesign and Planetside Arena)
    2. DBG knows they can make more money if you have to create a new character on a new server (this is the Electronic Arts genius-level *cough* type of thinking where instead of creating things of value for sale, they design things to require you pay pay pay pay in hopes of better times).
    3. Allowing transfers gives players CHOICE. Keep an eye on what DBG designs for Planetside moving forward, I bet you will see it all removes your choice in favor of designer control. (remember being told DBG would implement an ASP respec option? Ya, never happening. Spawn revamp to control where players spawn? You betcha!).

DBG has one thing on their side, for now, that being, not may similar options in the market. But uhh, they are coming. Tick tock DBG tick tock.

I used to be a huge fan of SOE and then DBG. After Planetside Arena was announced. No more.

*Hey gais*, let's make a scaled down mod of Planetside 2 that will kill off Planetside 2's player base, will do nothing to curb cheating and will fail and be a wasteland in a year! AND! AND! Let's charge already PAYING CUSTOMERS more money in the form of BATTLE PASSES. OMG we're geniuses!
  3. Comptonunhh

Daily Reminder: Devs, your customers want and in some cases NEED server transfers, please open them up.
  4. adamts01

I lost all motivation and what little remaining faith I had when PS:A was announced as a battle royal. That game mode was leaked a month earlier, but we all thought it was a joke, because no one in their right mind would release PS3 as a battle royal. Any optimism from the Dx11 announcement was crushed and I haven't touched this game since 2018. Such a shame.
  5. Savadrin

It is a shame. I have not been encountering any of the bugs people are dealing with, and the game has been a lot of fun recently, almost like the old days. I re-subbed and I'm glad I did. If that and pumping some more DBC funds into this game helps in any way to keep it afloat (and God forbid, they get things on track since they can continue to get a paycheck for their work) then I'm happy.
  6. TR5L4Y3R

PFFFFFFFFFHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH ....... HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA ......

no they won´t .... some tried already and failed HORRIBLY .... you won´t see anything like PS2 for a decade if not more ....
    otherwise show me anything anounced that closely resembles ps2 and is´t just another battlefield with some theme slapped on ...
  7. adamts01

I'd fire the game back up if I could transfer to Emerald. I get a better connection there, and Connery is just a **** show.
  8. Comptonunhh

Reminder: WE WANT SERVER TRANSFERS DEVS, GIB TRANSFERS NAOWWW!
  9. Savadrin

I recently started/started playing two new characters, one on NC and one on VS, both were completely cert-free. No, they certainly don't have the flexibility and options list of my TR main, but I haven't found it to be awful and getting certs is never really hard. I got one of them from BR1 to BR39 on JUST the 4th of July doing Medic/Harasser work. Now, I will do things like purchase vehicle/infantry weapons, but that goes back to supporting the game that I am spending a lot of time playing.
  10. Comptonunhh

Reminder: Server transfers are needed, some people are stuck on the wrong server and its ruining both their experience and the people against them's experience.