[Suggestion] HELP! Im trapped on the wrong server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Comptonunhh, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Comptonunhh

Devs, for the love of god, please open up server transfers, I live on the east coast but am on the Connery server, to play with friends who have since stopped playing, I should, and would, be on Emerald, but for who knows what reason, you wont let people transfer, even through a support ticket.

Before someone chimes in with "Just start a new soldier" I have 3 high BR soldiers already, and I will not be doubling down on the time I already invested when the devs could just resolve the issue instantly and very simply.

The lag I experience on Connery on a daily basis is rendering the game nearly unplayable, particularly when fighting the VS as most of them are from Asian countries, please allow me to move to the correct server before you lose yet another customer who has been playing this game since the start of Alpha.
    • Up x 1
  2. AlcyoneSerene

Having played a bit of Connery NC when my home server has troubles, the gameplay is good until that subset of VS players shows up to wipe everyone, who may as well be invisible.

Not denying they may be highly skilled too, but its the blatant lag wizard advantages that destroy any sense of fair competition. I can't imagine anyone sticking around in PS2 after experiencing that to such a degree.

Once the population drops even more and the only 'fights' are like that, there's no gameplay left.
    • Up x 1
  3. Comptonunhh

Precisely, it's actually become a server wide issue, the NC will only fight the TR, and the TR will only fight the NC, because fighting the lag wizard Vanu has become just so unenjoyable both factions avoid any fights with them like the plague. The net result of this is that Vanu wins a vast majority of the alerts, not by earning it, but because its handed to them via complete lack of contest from the TR and NC who can only find enjoyable fights where it doesnt feel like you're being cheesed every 2 seconds by focusing on each other and avoiding VS territory completely.

PLEASE DEVS, let me go to the server I am supposed to be on, it makes no sense at all to lock me into an inappropriate region, both for my enjoyability of the game, and for those playing against me, the same way the Korean and Chinese laggers on Vanu have a ridiculous client side advantage against me/everyone else, I'm sure to a lesser extent I also have some sort of lag advantage against west coast players, that's just the nature of a client side processed game. Keeping me, and people in situations like me stuck on Connery only serves to detract from the enjoyment of all parties.
  4. Comptonunhh

Daily reminder to the devs that I am STILL stuck on the wrong, barely playable, laggy server region.
  5. TRspy007

Dude make another character then? OR just wait until they merge the servers. Honestly I play n connery and its not even that bad, most of the laggy players left for soltech.

They simply don't have the logistics to move individual players from server to server based on their mood. :(
  6. Comptonunhh

You obviously didn't read the OP, I will not be making a new soldier, the laggy players did NOT leave, and I will continue to post in this thread every day until I am allowed to move to where I should be, this is literally what the support ticket response told me to do, so get used to it.
    • Up x 1
  7. TRspy007

dude quit ********, I play on all the servers, INCLUDING CONNERY, your whining in the forums isn't gonna do anything, if you're not gonna make a new character, then you're gonna have to deal with it, and I can testify that the few laggy players that said aren't much of a problem, if it bothers you so bad, switch fights cuz the devs aren't gonna go out of their way to transfer one whiny dude, I'm sorry, but that's a fact, and idk what you saw on your support ticket, but I promise you no dev is gonna see this thread and do anything about your situation.
  8. Comptonunhh

Once again, I will NOT be making a new soldier, I WILL be posting here, every day, get used to it, the only one here whining is you, im making a request that I was instructed to make by the support reps, for a feature that is ALREADY programmed into the game, so if you dont like that im asking for it, quit acting like its any of your business and see your way out of my thread, thanks for the free bumps though idiot.
  9. petrosstorm1

Player transferring is a fair point actually. Imagine moving to another continent physically and having to leave your old character forever. As long as it happens only once in a long period of days, say 10-20, it shouldn't be a big deal from either a software engineering or a server overhead perspective. This person has a valid point.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

It's still not something the developers show any interest in doing. If six years of requests haven't changed anything, the seventh will probably be a bust as well.
    You should probably post on the PS2 subreddit. The developers actually have a history of reading and responding to threads there. if you do get attention here, it'd probably be from being reported instead of anything substantive.
  11. Comptonunhh

Daily reminder: Still trapped on Connery with all the lag wizards, devs, give us server transfers, at least to the people actually stuck on the wrong server from the region they live in.
    • Up x 2
  12. Comptonunhh

Yet another daily reminder : Purple lag wizards abound on connery, please devs, save me from this warpy no hitreg hellhole and open up server transfers.
  13. Comptonunhh

Another reminder: Connery is still where I and many other out of region players do not belong, and a simple fix would be to allow us to move to the server we do belong on. Please open up server transfers.
  14. Comptonunhh

Reminder: Connery is still infested with lag wizards shooting out of their backs and warping all over the place not registering half the hits they take. Open up server transfers so i can have a decent ping again please.
  15. Savadrin

Looks like you missed a day in there somewhere. I bet somewhere in the DBG offices there's a betting pool to see how long you keep this up for something that's never been even a paid feature in the game.

Now, I agree that it only makes sense to offer paid server transfers. I'm not sure what the rationale is for not doing so.

Have you considered writing them directly, calling, or using twitter? Politely?
  16. Comptonunhh

So far ive put in a support ticket and made this thread here, I will also write them directly if I can find a legit address to write to.
    • Up x 2
  17. adamts01

I'm 100% with you. I started a Connery account when I was living in Asia before SolTech was open. Now I'm closer to Emerald and simply don't play. 1) The server has been trash since I've been on it. 2) It's population, the only thing it had going for it, died with SolTech. 3) I get better ping to Emerald. 4) I've spent 1,000s of hours on my 3 characters, and no way am I starting over.

I'll gladly pay for this transfer. I've dropped maybe half a grand on this game, and even $50 in name changes. DBG not even offering paid transfers is simply a terrible business strategy. What can it cost them? $100? I'd actually pay that. So much of this game is an unnecessary train wreck.
    • Up x 2
  18. Comptonunhh

Daily reminder: Connery sucks, its full of Asian lag wizards that should be on their own server, exacerbating the problem I already have of being an east coast resident stuck on a west coast server, please open up server transfers, im not alone in this desire, and as many have stated before, would even pay for the ability to transfer.
  19. Comptonunhh

Daily Reminder: Connery still terrible lag wizard infested dumpster fire, please open server transfers, at least for people who are actually supposed to be on a different server based on their region of residence.
  20. Solenya

Daily Reminder: Please open server transfers! (Also for PS4. Or merge Ceres and Genudine.)