Help!! First loading screen loads to 94% and then CTD.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Annoxes, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Annoxes

I sincerely hope someone can help me with this issue.

I have taken maybe 7 or 8 months off from playing this game because of hardware issues. I now have the ability to play again. I updated and tried to play. I continually get to the loading screen before character select. It hits 94% ALWAYS and then it crashes. Once it told me that there was a G99 error.

I tried shutting off all my firewalls. Only windows and ESET. Made sure i had all defense programs include PS2 in its exceptions. Looked up various fixes about deleting some files and revalidating through the launcher to get clean copies. I deleted the LaunchPad.cache folder (or whatever it's called...the cache folder).

Ive done everything short of a reinstall. Im not sure what to do. I have had this problem before. I thought i remembered one of the things i tried fixing it. Also worth noting, i have PS2 through the website and not through Steam.

Recently, i have gone into a folder and deleted the hidden folders Daybreak Gaming Company and Sony Online Entertainment. I have also deleted the Launchpad.cache folder again.

What do i do?! I have no idea why this isnt working. It has worked on this computer before and with the exact same internet connection.

Please help.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pfundi

94% loading error is a network issue if I remember correctly.
    So go troubleshoot there and then report back (check your connection setup, wired or wireless, check speeds, check for problems your provider may have, etc)
    • Up x 1
  3. Annoxes

Ok thank you. I appreciate your input.

Ill do more digging to see if that is something i can solve. I have looked at all the firewalls and such. Not a huge network guy, but i did try to reset my ip stack and other things. Ugh...frustrating.
  4. Annoxes

Im gonna start troubleshooting down this path. I think that narrows my possible sources of error. You seem relatively sure about the cause of the 94% error. Im sure the cause of this is not unique to PS2. There has to be some thread or list of directions or "did you try this" somewhere that will solve my problem. Ill start a-sleuthin. Thanks again.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

First things you should probably try are disabling your antivirus and firewall just to make sure.
  6. xXLEOXx

Had the exactly same problem.... i didn't play the game for 1-2 months and it started working again
  7. zgunner

Same issue as of the last 15 minutes. What is incredibly frustrating is that I was playing not more than 5 hours ago. I hadn't even turned my PC off since I had tried to start the game again. I tried a reset on my router, and restarting my PC. Neither of these worked, and I see no current issues with my network connection.

I don't even know how to explain this one...

I have a feeling if I file a support ticket I'll wait 5 days to be told "reinstall the game" which will likely not work. I guess I'll just try logging in again later as it seems to be a server issue.
  8. snipesharkVS

cant get in the game it goes to 94 percent and then crash to windows WTH is going on!!!!
  9. Batsteg

I'm having the exact same issue, can't even get to character selection screen since todays patch. I've tried reboting and loaded the latest Nvidia drivers no change.

10. Antillie

Same problem here. Internet connection is working just fine. Antivirus/firewall are not factors.

Win7 x64
  11. kickasspipes

Same problem, 94% then ctd. No antivirus/etc running

Windows 10 x64
  12. AlainBadiou

I have the same problem. Just played yesterday.
  13. Cheetoh

Same here. I've been trying for 30 minutes with no luck. It gets to 94% then CTD.
  14. Medowiemauler

15. Verceterix

Same here, except I was in the process of playing, logged out to character select while I took a smoke break, came back and game had just...disappeared. Now I can't get past the 94% thing and CTD.
  16. ViperG

same ctd at 94%
  17. GreatWhiteYeti

Also same. Looks like today's patch screwed some stuff up. I smell a hotfix.
  18. Meowcenary

Yep same issue here all of the sudden.

Looks like it might be on their side.
  19. CurpleUrple

Big ditto. Win 10 64-bit, EVGA GeForce 680, 16Gb DDR3. No problem until patch.
  20. tommyrocket

Yeah, looking more and more like it's on their server-end of things, and not us. Pretty sure this is happening to just about everyone now.