Help fight hacking - /report is useless, open a ticket!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ender, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ender

So i've recently been playing forumside a bit more as the populations sink ever further for whatever reasons may be. I'm still enjoying the game and think that down the line things will get better. That being said, more and more i'll notice a hacker in-game which is odd for me because normally I just assume, "this is planetside, he had better positioning, it was a lucky shot/good shot, etc, etc and try and adapt to the situation." These are blatant hacks, pinpoint fire from a carbine 100m away, obvious speed hacks as a cloaker outruns an atv etc etc. I should not be seeing these as frequently as I have been.

Going over some of my developer feeds I noticed this from Moonligiht

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...re-ruining-this-game.72493/page-3#post-961667

Please read this thread carefully, despite the general consensus of devs/mods saying use the /report function to report said hackers, this is incorrect. I'm not sure why they're still saying use /report as most people in game when they see a hacker just do a slash report because it's what they've been told is the correct method for reporting a hacker. /report copies what the player says to you and sends it to them with low-value. It is not a guaranteed investigation into the player nor is it even a good way to get them recognized as a priority problem.

OPEN A TICKET & do a /report if the player has said anything. Otherwise just use tickets, lets help them get our servers cleaned up so we can get players returning! Thanks!
    • Up x 3
  2. Ender

Bump for Awareness
  3. Ssential

Thanks, will open tickets when I see boosters and hackers from now on.
  4. fish998

Yup, I saw that post as well. Nice bit of information. Also explains why /report doesn't achieve a great deal.
  5. 4set

how do you open a ticket, because xSqueex illusionrj and urfacemyaimbot2 are obvious hackers, and if /report does nothing, then I want to open a ticket on them to make sure SoE bans them.
  6. Iksniljiksul

Report does nothing, and I mean nothing at all. For instance, there is a VS guy on Helios named G e t R a p e d who has been playing since I can remember entering the game. Report goes to the null bin and there are no actual GMs. Thus the joke of free to play. Spend a little money and watch the game burn itself to the ground with its degenerate player base.
    • Up x 1
  7. fastdak255

Another problem with the hackers is that they know they can get away with it. They aren't afraid or try to be sneaky with their hacks. Just 2 days ago I got shot down in my ESF by a light assault trooper chasing me in the air while I was flyin over 200 kilometers an hour using a teleport hack to fly behind me and shoot my reaver. Now that's how to hack! the hack was so epic i wasn't even mad, that you can get away with something like that.
    • Up x 1
  8. Battman

This has always been an issue with PS, but at least with paid accounts people were losing something and therefore detered in some way when they cheated. In the world of free play, what does a hacker care if an alternate account is banned?
  9. Imperium Assault

10. TrenchcoatNinja

After being on holiday for a while and reading some of the stuff on forumside I'm a little wary of what I might see when I come back to PS2. I'll be sure to open tickets though, for what it's worth.