[Suggestion] Helmet Slots

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFlamingLemon, Nov 19, 2015.

1. TheFlamingLemon

We should have helmet slots that work like suit slots. You should be able to buy upgrades to your HUD such as something that integrates minimap into your regular hud rather than having it displayed, so you see spotted enemies not as dots on a map but as outlines with distances. Many implants could be moved to be helmet upgrades as well, such as battle hardened and EOD hud, the difference being these wouldn't require energy. Other abilities could include heightened hearing, so you hear enemy gunfire and other activity much better than that of friendlies, (really it would just quiet friendlies, not so much make enemies louder,) and proximity radar that lets the player, but only that player, know where fast-moving (sprinting) enemies are that are nearby.

There would also be a section for custom HUDs. HUDs would cost 100 certs or that equivalent in DBC and would just be new models of the current HUD. Right now, we have the options of "Centralized" and "Not Centralized." These options should be expanded upon. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/empire-specific-huds.225780/#post-3181485 would be great. Being able to buy ES HUDs would be wonderful as long as it's not restricted to members (I could see having a better HUD giving people a distinct advantage, I certainly improved when I switched off of centralized HUD.)
  2. Devilllike

They should let us be able to add night vision or heat vision or stuff like that...its a futuristic game and i think it needs it
  3. Liewec123

personally i'd hate for everyone to get thermal vision, it bad enough when vehicles see the entire enemy team highlighted in bright orange on a dark blue background, imagine is everyone was using it? you'd have no chance of flanking, ever. :eek:
  4. Devilllike

Sure but when everybody has it nobody has it but yeah at least we can get something to highlight the futuristic theme even a nightvision which is the most useless one
  5. FLHuk

6. TheFlamingLemon

Well, having thermal vision would take up the slot for other abilities. Also, having added visibility is just a bit of hand-holding for situational awareness, it won't have a huge impact because it helps players do something they can already do with skill.