hello i wanted to know

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chamks, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chamks

i have a question: can you please make more progration ability with your character. i mean to combain certian abilities like nanoweave armor and another thing, and blockade armore for sunderer and stealth. i mean its bammer when sometimes people too bussy on killing each other (or there are not enough people) and none repair my max suit so i have to return to the infantry terminal and change to naninte auto repair, and than change back to anti flack armor. so progration in this game will be more. pardon my english.
    and please tell me why not? and why cant a sniper carry two scopes? when i was a soldier, i was a sniper and i carriyed two scopes in my backpack. one for night one for day.
    and also why when i want to deploy somewhere that has the green spot that make you be able to deploy there, i cant, because the spot disapeared. and after 10 sec she comeback again, sometimes.
    and can you please explain to me who was the guy or what is the thought behind the non deploment area for friendly bases?
    and how come the nc has the freacking op phoenix, and vanu has the ****** laser cannon??? i letterlly created a nc account, farmed phoenix, and throwing rocked for hours, im standing for hours in places the enemy cant reach and hiting rockets on everything.
    the progration part question is the most important to me.
  2. HAXTIME

As for the Lancer vs Phoenix: you need to consider the situations when they are used en-masse. I agree that the Lancer was overnerfed a bit, it could use a slight damage boost against ground vehicles.

The multiple-scopes thing is a great idea, but I'm not sure how it could be implemented. Perhaps a suit slot that gives you access to an additional 12x scope (or longest-range scope for the current primary weapon) besides your current one by switching to your sniper rifle again? (kinda like how you switch to a grenade-launcher)
    • Up x 1
  3. Jac70

Well the entire idea of having these options is that you have to make a choice. You sacrifice one thing to gain an advantage somewhere else and eventually you will have the experience and options to cater for different situations. It's the same for the MAX suit situation, if you were running into a skirmish in a Bioloab then kinetic would be the best bet as you will be under heavy fire but you will also be surrounded by engineers who can repair you. If you are defending a base from ESF attack then auto-repair will fit better as you can take some damage and have the ability to recover without needing an engineer nearby.
  4. FateJH

The reason before everything else is that utilities and abilities are designed around being the only thing being in use. At the moment, suddenly saying "now you can swap" would be the best way to create pointless rehashing work for that given slot's options. Tethering players to a loadout terminal also reduces the capacity for all-powerful individuality, increasing the chance of situations where having allies whose own loadout can cover the deficiencies in one's own is preferrable.

That's the theory. It's a method of resource balancing between units. It's a method of enforcing consistency and expectation.

The system was not originally programmed with the possibility in mind.
    My serious reply is above in the first answer.
    The cheeky reply is that scope doesn't come off your weapon anyway.
    Another type of load balancing, this time for population. Also, people will move their spawn points around as they please without asking you, if it's not a structural spawn location like a base spawn room.
    • Up x 1
  5. chamks

i meant not sunderers, but to bases. sometimes the greed spot disapear from the base and than return. and scopes are completly removeble from the wepon. a wepon has rail on top like on the sides (for flashlight or laser). on the top you put the scope.
  6. Icehole1999

This game is all about having multiple load outs for each class you play, and knowing which one to bring to a particular fight. OP, you mentioned MAX, so I'll use that as an example.

My favorite loadout is twin Fractures, lockdown, and flak armor. I like harassing vehicles from a distance. It's best when I find a spot I can get way up high.

This setup is horrible inside biolabs. If I know I'm heading indoors I'll make sure I have Mutilators, Kinetic Armor, and emergency repair.

I feel your pain about bad engineers. If you find yourself in that spot often then Emergency Repair will have to be on your MAX all the time.
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

Local population fluctuations between hex-defenders and attackers result in the redeployment options changing, expecially when one side has significant population representation over the other. Some bases also have SCUs (spawn control units) that determine whether a base is spawnable or not, though those don't often change hands by going offline only to be restored ten minutes later.
    Are you saying you know how the nanites work?
    • Up x 1
  8. Who Garou

I"m not sure what you mean by "progration".
    Are you trying to say "balance"?
    Try seeing if you can find another term/word so we can better figure out what you mean by "progration"

There is a use and a counter for everything.
    So you can only pull one kind of armor or utility at a time - it helps keep the game balanced.

It's not a big deal to go to an infantry terminal and change scopes.
    I personally wish that the primary weapon slot for Infiltrators had scope/binocular options - just for use as a long range spotting tool and so that slot isn't "empty".

When an area is out of balance with too many defenders versus the number of attackers, the spawn will not be accessible farther down the lattice.
    if there is a lower number of Defenders than attackers, then you can spawn to it from farther down the lattice.
    Also the use of Defensive markers used to influence where you can jump lattice points on respawns, but I'm pretty sure that this still no longer influences it.

The reason that they added the no-deploy zone in friendly bases is that people were deploying sunders near or on the capture points. In some situations, it was making it nearly impossible for attackers to take a base.
    A good Example is parking a Sundy on the second floor of a Tech plant near the point.
    Some of the Sunders were being moved into these places by hacks, and I guess this was the easiest ways for the DEVs to put a stop to it.

TR has Vulcans, chainguns, and the Gatekeeper.
    Run around in a Vulcan Harasser for a while, and you'll see what I mean.
    • Up x 2
  9. Who Garou

oh, yeah, and Phoenix rockets are slow and can be shot out of the air.
    • Up x 2
  10. Pikachu

I think he means progression. In other words he wants to raise the power ceiling. Equip nanoweave and flak armor at the same time.
    • Up x 1
  11. chamks

yes i meant progression! yes i want to use flack and nanoweave at the same time! after 4 years of play this, it will be nice.
    good explanation who garou. but you havnt talked about why noy combain some abilities? i mean lets make this a little bit more ut2004...
    and its fair balance! conciderind the opponent can do this too, and the first and second upgrade for each ability cost very low and gives the most, from the other upgrade progress points.
    i mean seriously, everyone can see the scope rail on each weapon! why its so hard to change the scope? in year 3000something. every squad's sniper/marksman will tell you he carry 2-3 scopes. in every army. in every country.
    and who garou what you meant about the running around with tr vulcan? all i know is that the aphilion is a peace of crap compare.
  12. LordKrelas

What's the downside.
    Why bother with anything else?

Fair Balance: You can get an instant-kill-all-range-automatic-aiming-weapon, and so can they.
    Now, not that Flak & nanoweave together is that, but you literally have no reason ever to not put them together if it was possible.
    Which also means every single weapon is now reduced by this, with no downside..

There is no, "I have prepared against explosive-blasts" vs "I am prepared against gunfire" set-ups.
    it's "I have the slot"

Scope itself isn't set with animations to do so.
    As well, means the cons of any particular scope is rendered null: NVA, flip once, see all targets, flip back.

Every marksman isn't in a video-game, where you aren't trying to be perfect adaptive killing machine, that has no reason to not use the single set.

Everything has to have a downside, or be competitive with something else.
    Or everything is rendered to: A vs A, as all else is inferior.

Why ever use any other slot item, when you can have protection from everything?
    Nanoweave vs Flak, have their own purposes, and uses.
    Together, literally nothing can compete with universally-unmatched protection against all sources infantry will face.

So, every weapon is then rendered to always having to account for both an explosion resistant enemy, and one resistant to small-arms fire.
    Which means every single AI weapon is nerfed against all but grenade-throwers, whom have less motive to pick something other than nanoweave + flak.

As it's Resist-all vs "throw more grenades"