Heavy shields

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by K2k4, Jul 16, 2013.

1. K2k4

Didn't there used to be a threshold which heavy shields couldn't compensate for the damage our bolt action rifles did so our shots would bypass them?

I could've sworn this was the case back when the game first came out. As it stands a heavy with nanoweave and his shield up = 3 BASR shots = unacceptably long TTK given they can pretty much counter snipe us with their LMG's.
  2. Hotspoon

Yup, and semi's take anywhere from 5-8, and are so slow they can heal between with medkits, or just run away, lol. I've recently started making obnoxious farting sounds now every time I use my semi behind a heavy and hit them 4-5 times only to have them turn around and spray me and kill me in 1 second. I think its my subconscious telling me I just got virtually **** on lol. Infiltrators are currently the masochist or lone wolf out in la la land 200+ meter sniper. Take your pick lol
  3. m44v

Depends of the shield the heavy is using, if is the default one, the nano-mesh-something, he should be able to tank a boltaction headshot at point blank range. The other popular choice is the resist shield, that one can't tank a max damage headshot from a bolt action.

Resist shield is popular because overall is better than nano-mesh against automatic fire, so you get the impression that you can headshot any heavy with their shields up when is actually not true.