heavy infiltrator

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Ballto21, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Ballto21

I dont play heavy as much as i should but when i do it seems like its everything an infiltrator is minus cloak.

Equip a recon dart crossbow and put a supressor on your LMG for CQC and you have yourself a 5x the dps smgfilrator, hook a compensator on it and you have a scunt rifle, maybe even mid range sniper if you set it to semi auto fire mode. Am i crazy or am i in the ballpark of HA being able to sneak around the same if not better than infs if done right and have recon tool also?
  2. Corvus Corax

except that without investing in camo the enemy will see you coming quite easily.
    I could potentially see this as a good tower loadout though, using the jumpads to get away quickly
  3. Liewec123

sure HA can sensor dart, infils do it a lot better.
    sure HA can snipe, infils do it a lot better.
    sure HA can play sneaky (while glowing empire specific colour? lol), infils do it a lot better.

also SMGs have lower TTK than LMGs IIRC, so there goes the whole "5x the dps" nonsense lol
    • Up x 1
  4. FuryM4

I once hid deep in an enemy base as a max... And yes I started as an infil... One guy found me, he died.
  5. Corvus Corax

I guess the dps might (I stress, might) be valid if you're looking at the entire mag size as typically you can kill 2-3x as many enemies with an lmg as with your bog-standard smg, but it's a stretch at best. besides like you said, smgs have the smallest cofs in the game and if you get into cqc + surprise attack with someone there's no reason you shouldn't win, even if you're facing a shielded heavy