Heavy Assault Fairy.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JonnyBlue, Feb 13, 2017.

1. JonnyBlue

I've been playing Ps2 for 2 weeks and I think its a brilliant game love it to bits , However I feel like I'm been forced to play an engineer or medic to grind certs and I cant enjoy the class I really want to play which is the HA class because there so crap at earning certs.

I've looked guides on the net on how to play this class and most actually state they are the weakest class to play the most under powered and the most expensive cert wise for investment and return , Surely the devs know this? so why make a whole class inaccessible to new players like myself.

I'm playing NC atm have a lock on launcher as I purchased the starter pack and with the certs I got in the pack I invested in my ability's as per Wrels guide on the net also upgrading my starter gun as per more guides but to no avail as the class itself just feels totally underpowered , I actually earned more kills and certs on a medic than I did on my HA.

Devs if you read this please buff the HA I beg you make this noob player very happy indeed.

Thx.
  2. TrolKabu

Then play medic. You'll be more satisfied, will satisfy the mates you revive and earn tons of certs. Medics are life.

More seriously, HA are not weak at all. And they're very versatile. They only lack synergetic tools, but that's not their role. I bet there are a lot of people willing to help you become a better HA.
  3. 0fly0

Correct a typo for you, you're welcome!
    • Up x 2
  4. Eternaloptimist

It is very early days for you as yet. And I know nothing about your playstyle or situational awareness, but here are a few general observations from my early days (a couple of years ago now).
    1. You get killed a lot in this game regardless of class.
    2. NC LMGs have big hitting power but slow RoF and bigger recoil. This combination means that misses are more likely and are punished more, so you may not be getting the kills in return yet.
    3. The obvious attraction of the HA for me, as a new starter, was the overshield, the RL and the large magazines on the LMGs. I figured I would need help surviving until I learned ropes and wanted the biggest 'ole gun I could get my hands on.
    4. But whilst the HA is awesomely good at what it does (hurting things), just killing Planetmans is not a big cert earner unless you do a lot of it. Killing vehicles is a big earner but hard to do as infantry unless you gang up..........and then only one of you gets the kill points.
    5. Now I mainly play ohter classes as they are more adaptable/flexible (plus certable)
    The bonus xp for an HA is pretty limited to what other classes can obtain anyway (kill streak, domination, capture, Q spotting) and they don't have the tools or abilities for other cert earning activities. What they do get instead is a RL and an overshield, for dpoing 4. above.

There is no reason why a Medic or an Engie can't be combat tropps as well as doing their support thing if that is what you want to do (that is how I play them). Both classes have the same armour options as a Light Assault and the Medic gets a free self heal ability as well. The engie carbine is superior in performance to LMGs at close range in my experience (and has much better hipfire) and I also think the Medic AR is better than the LMG in all but magazine size.

Buying a G2A lock on was the best investment I made in my HA (aircraft die easier than ground vehicles, especially the single seaters and the ones already smoking from damage). And on my NC I certed the GD22S LMG first after the default SAW- smaller mag but quicker reload and much easier for me to use. I moved on to the Anchor after I learned to burst fire and aim for the head.

[Tip: HA is not only the most popular class played on any server by a large margin, it is also widely rated as overpowered against other infantry - be ready for some outraged responses to the suggestion of buffing the class]
    • Up x 1
  5. TheSunlikeOne

They already did. You have free nanoweave now. The default Gauss SAW is arguably the best LMG in the NC arsenal after the nerfs, so you don't need another weapon for now. The only thing you must cert is your ability and med/resto kits.

Also getting a better sidearm would be nice as well. The default pistol - Magshot is meh.
  6. JonnyBlue

Thx for reply's I guess ill persevere then , But I think I need a bigger computer table for the Saw as my mouse seems to slip of all the time with the recoil...hehe.
    • Up x 1
  7. TR5L4Y3R

8. Zuprize

HA are quite cheap to cert into, with the 100 cert/battle rank up to BR 15 you can almost max up everything you need regarding ability and med kits, the default weapons are good.
  9. cyb_

Almost sounds like you did read guides about the Infiltrator. ;) As a beginner you will earn even less certs and be cannon fodder much more. But what do I know.

__
    A salty vet.
  10. Moz

The guides were telling you that Heavy is the weakest class? Those guides are either trolling you or not worth reading....

You could say they are the weakest for cert gain i guess...? Is that what they are saying perhaps?
  11. JonnyBlue

I have now found a good guide and had my certs refunded by the game itself , Its a lot better now I use resist armour , I guess the guide I was looking at were outdated I've also upgraded my Saw for less recoil using a 2x sight it feels a better.

I am enjoying my HA now .....
  12. Shocky

that is a load of bull **** man [nothing against you] HA is the Best class in the game have air problems HA, tanks HA, infantry HA. the class is broken every other infantry is at a disadvantage when it comes to combat against HA they have a big **** off shield on top of the normal shield and heath bar, as well as accesses to shotguns SMG's LMG's and a rocket launcher did i forget to mention they have the concussion grenades as well.

the only reason you are having a hard time is because your new, once you learn how to get consecutive head shots use tap fire [burst fire your auto gun] and always hit the shield button whenever you take damage or even before you take dmg then you will find that the class is op. as you complaining about the class i bet you picked NC as they have the worst new player friendly LMG in the game when compared to TR and VS, VS having the better of the 3 when it comes to new player friendly