Heavy Assault aka Fatrape

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SQPD, Oct 14, 2015.

1. SQPD

First of all, if you are a heavy assault elitist, don't read this post, so no crying comments because I don't want to hear any of your whiny **** here. Heavy assaults now seem to be the only class out there. Heavies should offer some kind of challenge, not some kind of ppoint and click shoot 'em up game. First, I think it's ridiculous how heavies carry LMGs and rocket launchers. I suggest moving rocket launchers to the primary slot so heavies can either have an LMG or a rocket launcher. There should also be NO 0.75x LMGs, or for that matter, no CQC LMGs at all. The time it takes to acquire the sight picture should also be increased. The over shield which I think is also ridiculous, should have a two second activation delay and charge up with a cool but loud sound. It should also blur the screen EMP style, since having a nanite mesh generator that is able to stop bullets will need lots of power. But in turn, the shield would last longer. Lastly, rename heavy assault to heavy support. Heavy assault should be geared towards suppression and anti vehcle rather than give it an unfair advantage.
  2. Goldmonk

1) It's already a challenge, as are all the classes.
    2) Having an LMG and a RL offer the flexibility of switching between AI and AV/AA suppression.
    3) People already complain about "Rocket Primaries", so no
    4) Why not give everyone one 0.75x ADS LMG. That gets rid of the advantage.
    5) Two seconds in PS2 is literally a lifetime.
    6) I'm an infiltrator main.
  3. Valok

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  4. Scr1nRusher

WWWWAAAAAAARRRRPPPPPPPPPPP OFFFFF CHAOOSSSZZZZ
    • Up x 1
  5. Goldmonk

[IMG]
    I knew I had this for a reason
    • Up x 1
  6. Scr1nRusher

The only point the OP has is that 0.75 ADS is something that shouldn't be on a LMG.

LMG's are not "light".
    • Up x 2
  7. SQPD

I'm not complaining OP or crying as you may think (ahem, heavies on Reddit sucking SOE's dicks for EMP not to drain hevay shields) but am making simple suggestions. Keep it civil, and no ******** Reddit language. Also, you guys are on a completely different track as I am. I want HA as a support class because it has an LMG and rocket launcher, the rest of you want it as Space Rambo The fact that HA has LMGs and rocket launcher makes it by far the most attractive class for people coming from CoD or BF or for that matter anywhere. This being said, since it's the most attractive class, nobody will play the other classes, making heavies the only class. No LMG should be a CQC weapon. LMGs were designed for support, not room clearing. At range and for suppression, two seconds won't mean ****. No other classes are as flexible as the HA with the exception of engineer, which is still poor against infantry. The LA can carry C4 but has to sacrifice med/resto kits. The engineer can carry a ton of AT equipment but lacks the edge that the LA has with carbine combat. The heavy however, has a good range and CQC weapon (yes, even the Gauss SAW) and a competent AT weapon while also taking med/resto kits AND a personal shield. Even if you're not going on killstreak with the HA, the pure annoyance value of the LMG makes it a force to reckon. Also, refrain from using weird pictures like two people did above.
  8. ALN_Isolator

Sounds like someone got taken out of his sniper nest by a battlejuice multiple times because he kept going right back to the same spot!
    0.75 ADS LMGs are an atrocity and we all agree on that and yet accept that nothing will be done about it.
    • Up x 1
  9. ALN_Isolator

Just say Rambo. Some of our audience didn't get that.

(That was literally the only part of this post I cared about and I don't play heavy that often)
  10. SQPD

Just the concept of heavy assault seems ridiculous. A soldier who carries an LMG, a rocket launcher, and ammunition for those weapons, and runs at the same speed as all of the other soldiers. Either the rocket launcher goes from tool slot to primary or heavy moves slower. Also high hipfire LMGs are another atrocity. LMGs as CQC weapons is another ridiculous CoD inspired idea.
  11. Agarthan

[IMG]
  12. Lemposs

Where did the heavy assault touch you?
    • Up x 1
  13. DeadlyPeanutt

as game populations shrink, HAs have more advantage in small fights.
    Less and less medics and LAs and engies... more and more HAs.
    HAs are the only ones who can survive because of they have twice the health of other classes.

Delete the instant win overshield... screw the two second delay. HAs retain the advantage of heavy weapons without twice the health of other classes.